Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1k tourney list

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Fobzter

Fobzter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 76 posts

Like the title says, I need to make a 1k list for two tourneys in may.

I lack long range dakka, but at 1k level if I get my plaguespitters in, I think I'm good. What do you think?

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [54 PL, 1000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 85pts]: Plasma pistol, Power sword

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]: 6. Arch-Contaminator, Malefic talon, The Suppurating Plate, Warlord, Wings

+ Troops +

Plague Marines [10 PL, 159pts]
. Plague Champion: Plaguesword, Plasma gun
. 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Poxwalkers [3 PL, 60pts]: 10x Poxwalker

Poxwalkers [3 PL, 60pts]: 10x Poxwalker

+ Fast Attack +

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 158pts]: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 158pts]: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

+ Heavy Support +

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 140pts]: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy Slugger

++ Total: [54 PL, 1000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Balanced List, I like it.

Like you said, lack of LR Firepower but I think you are going to have a blast against Horde Armies.

As your are slogging your PMs up the field, I might consider an MBH in place of the PBC.  I know, HERESY!!!!  msn-wink.gif

Here's my reasoning:  Sitting in the backfield, the only thing the PBC is going to be doing is his mortar attack which hits on a 4+.  If I'm your opponent I would ignore it and focus on your drones. 

MBH gives you a little more anti-armor/anti-monster firepower, as it will be with your PMs, it would be co-located with your Chaos Lord which will help offset his 4+ BS.  He will give your PM's a cover save, increasing their survivability and will be a more lucrative target for your opponent to shoot at thus hopefully taking some heat off of your drones.

Finally, have you considered the new options for the DP?  Keeping the sword and now being able to take a Plague Spitter (I think that's it) is just an awesome addition.....you can't have enough Flame(Plague) Throwers in your list biggrin.png

Fobzter

Fobzter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 76 posts

Hmm,

thanks for thoughts..

PBC spitters is another source of flamer aggression moving rapidly towards the enemy. On deployment it can provide LoS blocking to plague marines and it requires a lot of dakka to bring it down. Other weapons are more of a bonus and DP gives rerolls even though it has awful BS on the move, but hey plaguespitters auto-hit and arch-contaminator DP just puts more heat to the grill.

I have a single MBH that I haven't yet tested though.. I'll try to fit a test game with this, there's really no free points lying around. 7x plague marines is fluffy, but in a comp environment, there's 34 points to free up.. About the plague spewer, it's 19 points d6 hits s5 ap -1 d1, plague weapon. 9 points increase in points is not worth imho, when you can have dual malefic talons 7x s7 ap-2 d2 attacks in the melee hitting on 2+ and re-rolling ones.

PBC could be replaced to a third bloat-drone, but then I would be that guy. So I just hide the third set of plaguespitters on even more durable platform.. Only need to hope my enemy will shoot the PBC rather than the bloat drones. Drones fly keyword makes them super (annoying) awesome.

Plague marines with the chaos lord are in my head sitting on a back/midfield objective in cover and taking advantage of the 18" rapid fire range. Some how I always have a thought out plan, but it's very rare to find me executing it when the dice start flying :D

Thanks for thoughts once again..

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts

My plans never survive first contact with my opponent either msn-wink.gif .

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Fobzter

Fobzter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 76 posts

This list has been working great, that drones, PBC and DP wrecking ball has wrecked faces on T2. It has given me some time to align my rapid fire plasma to bring armour down, after all the DP and the PM are the only ones really doing the Nurgle's work on armour. I've one shotted a dev squad though with moved PBC inside a DP re-roll aura, good dice!

4x4 table is so small that barbeque starts on T2 latest if your enemy is in a turtle shell formation. Poxwalkers have been more curiosity, they hold backfield objectives until your enemy even looks at them when they just die, so if I would want to free up points cultists would do just the same. 

For a 1,5k (semi-friendly) I would just make an outrider detachment with a third bloat drone and a malignant plaguecaster and turn 1-2 units of poxwalkers into plasma/BL plague marines to give more saturation.

I like the list anyways, it's fun to play and enough simple for beer and prezels.

EDIT:

After couple more test games, this list has proven to be a real hard nut to crack for my opponents. I haven't yet faced an IG gunline, but against other armies the durability of my plaguespitter wrecking ball has proven to be a really potent threat. Even that my wrecking ball eventually dies, but then my plague marines have had an easy work to just mob up. Automatic explosion stratagem is also great addition to hurt the enemy lines. PBC loses it's ability to shoot when it gets charged, but it always eats up lot of enemy fire and units to try to bring it down. In a bigger game I might change the warlord trait to give the DP more durability.

Anyways so fun (and easy) to play.

Edited by Fobzter, 24 April 2018 - 06:14 AM.

• Checkmate77 likes this

Fobzter

Fobzter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 76 posts

The above list with a tweak of warlord trait to 4+ DR won another tourney this weekend.

It's still unbeatable against all foes (except my 4th try with list tailored BA list). My opponents conceded between turns 2-3. In the last winners table I beat a really tough looking DA list, when I dropped a mephilim jetfighter on T1 with my PBC and nurgle DP and sank a group of RW bikers with my PM and bloat-drone. Have to say I didn't realize that how good is to have a PBC if it can reach a flyer. S7 2d6 auto-hits is mean.

Still haven't faced a true gunline, but man.. we are resilient.

• Checkmate77 likes this

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts

Congratz Fobzter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users