KDC's Space Wolves - Grand Annulus Finished!

Krakendoomcool

@ Oshikai

Thank you for the high praise. I hope to do it justice.

@ TiguriusX

Cheers buddy, I will definitely keep you guys posted!

So I've been giving press moulding a go for the first time. Here a little mock up of what I thought I could use various bits for...

img_20200325_135825.jpg

Got the little Fenrisian diamond gems. A 'pointer' for the dial. The big circles are from Logan Grimnar's sled...

img_20200325_150138.jpg

There are some bits missing from the design so I've press moulded it and trying to come up with a mould with no gaps...

img_20200325_144106.jpg?w=768

img_20200325_150149.jpg?w=768

Could be good for the centre circle although maybe too small for that. Or could use it for all the company badges. If I can get a generic mould I can repeat and then paint the company badges on that might work.

img_20200325_140044-1.jpg?w=768

Another option for the 'pointer' piece. I think this might be better, very quick and dirty one in the pic.

Here is where I'm at right now...

img_20200325_223602.jpg?w=768

Not sure whether to have the gems in the very centre circle or on the surrounding stones. None of the green stuff is glued so I can have a play around. Maybe I could do some knotwork on the 8 stones that form a circle around the middle.

@ Kassill

Thank you Kassill. I've stuck the gems down in the middle but a bit undecided at this point,

I've done the outer rings now. Thinking about moulding/sculpting the company badges.

img_20200328_225233.jpg?w=680

While I'm undecided I'm having a little go at sculpting the little details to make it seem a bit less plain.

img_20200328_214057.jpg?w=777

Now that the badges have started I'm wondering if the centre circle is a little small. Or the pointer is too big. It's a little different to the artwork as I like the visible cog mechanism already present on the terrain piece.

I'm now thinking of redoing the centre circle so that it's bigger. Pobably move the pointer right out further onto the chosen slab. Maybe moving the gems to further to the edge of the centre circle or across the gap and onto the other set of stones again.

I've given a quick go at moulding another circle quite thick and stretching it out like a pizza. This may be my new ring for the centre circle.

A friend in real life (Warbringer), has got a new 3D printer and played an absolute blinder. He's drawn out the company badges on CAD and printed them off. This is a real game changer for the project.

With his help I should be able to get to the end of the model step without too many issues. Fingers crossed.

So here are his company badges (he used to be a Space Wolf back in the day).

img-20200330-wa0005.jpg?w=768

I've made moulds so I can have the badges in green stuff and easily tidy them up if they need it.

img_20200331_223208.jpg

There's the first two down. I've then made a bunch more moulds and got to a weird planning step, which is where I am now. Although I did just catapult all the little bits all over the floor!

img_20200331_231450.jpg?w=948

I asked him to do the Wolf right in the centre as I was getting less and less happy with how I had done the centre compare to the rest. It's all still under there right now.

KDC - you know what's waiting for you once you are done, right?

You're going to have to build...

The Grand Hall wherein the Grand Annulus rests! :devil::devil::devil:

And maybe, just maybe, give the specifications of the layout so others can build diferent levels to stack their companies and maybe, just maybe in a Wolf gathering each one can put his on top of each other and build The Fang :wub:

:whistling:  

@ Karack Blackstone

Cheers mate, we all need a bit of hobby escapism right now.

@ NightHowler

Haha, I already told Oshikai if I had a bit more Bluestuff I could take a massive mould of it.

@ Bryan Blaire

I have considered doing a little square board. Maybe a winged wolf statue. I'll see where I'm at when I've finished this.

@ GrFlur

...and then the Fenris system! Nice idea actually, would be awesome!

Slow progress is being made. Had a bad back for a few days. Probably down to all the weird new thigns I'm doing in isolation...like excercise...

Some of the company badges could do with a bit more green stuff work. Some are probably a bit too small so I'll redo them. Also the middle needs doing again I think. But you get the idea...

img_20200404_142039.jpg?w=768

@ Kassill

Thank you, glad to be making progress on it.

@ Rune Priest JBickb

Thank you so much, I owe quite a lot to the original model and my mates 3D prints.

@ Boytoy

Cheers buddy. A big wolf meet up one day would be grand (and we all bring some of the fang...)

Ok I think I've finally finished the model making step. I hope I've got some Primer!

Whats the time Mr Wolf?

img_20200410_152446.jpg?w=919

Whats the time Mr Wolf?

It's Mjold's o'clock :D

You guys need a clock to tell you that?

Of course! Otherwise we wouldn’t know if it was Mjod O’clock, Oh Mjod Thirty, Fifteen till Mjod, or Fifteen after Mjod. A timepiece is critical.

@ GrFlur, PeteySodes, NightHowler

Brothers raise a glass to Kjarl Grimblood by Russ he needs this now, and have a drink for the 13th company our lost brothers returned to us, and some Mjod for the Redmaw's...and so on and so forth.

OK i'll post this because it was a bit of a crucial moment to see if the copious green stuff was good or awful in places. Got it Primed. Pretty happy mostly. The centre circular stone is the bit i like the least. I made it from milliput like the others, replaced it for the design, snapped the new one and eventually did it in Green Stuff. It's not as good as the other stones but I might be able to fix it with paint.

Pretty happy with the milliput stone slabs and the company badges.

img_20200411_120347.jpg

img_20200411_120721.jpg?w=768

I think it will mainly look terrible until the end of the paint process when hopefully it will look good again. So I'll see. May hold back on the spamming for now,,,,