Elysians being dropped?

Cheesy101

I am sad that this likely means that Elysians will have no more rule updates in the future! They will just be nice looking Imperial guard now.

I doubt they'll ever drop the rules, and they might get some updates, if any FW stuff ever does (not looking likely). FW has rules for stuff that's been OOP for a long time.

Yup, I figure that they will be gone once the index is gone.

After that I guess they will have to be an air-cav Army. Hopefully Krieg are selling good enough to keep going for a while. I'd hate to lose both my Regiments!

Yes sadly...I mean rules wise, if you have cool opponents they should be cool with you updating/playing with your own custom rules to bring them inline with standard IG because at the end of the day Elysian's are just Guardsmen with Deep Strike their forgeworld index list is very "rules light" anyway. who knows though Forgeworld is only space marines now anyway it's just a matter of time before DkoK suffer the same fate and it will happen 100% guaranteed.

Krash

Yes sadly...I mean rules wise, if you have cool opponents they should be cool with you updating/playing with your own custom rules to bring them inline with standard IG because at the end of the day Elysian's are just Guardsmen with Deep Strike their forgeworld index list is very "rules light" anyway. who knows though Forgeworld is only space marines now anyway it's just a matter of time before DkoK suffer the same fate and it will happen 100% guaranteed.

Krash

It'll be quite awhile before they drop DKoK... They just made new infantry sculpts and molds for them. Elysians on the other hand had not been updated since release.

They discontinued a bunch of Krieg squads years ago and they never came back, admittedly they probably didnt need like 4 Infantry squads but its no sign of invulnerability. Unfortunately FW seems to be going through an "old gw" phase so the best we can hope for is shiny new toys. Or not... Their rules writers have been phoning it in recently too :sad.: 

Still considering ordering some drop sentinels...
EDIT
And some gorgeous snipers... And those awesome mortars...

Archived