Mordian Volly Fire stratagem?

domsto

Do searchlights still give an infantry unit +1 to hit? If so, that would combo well with volley fire. So 36 shots with 4 more for each 5 or 6. Which averages 84 shots in all.

My interpretation of this scenario you would hit on 3+ but the extra shooting wud still be on a 6+.

Mordian grenadiers, phwoar!

The only thing I don't like is that to get their doctrine bonus you have to line them up with bases touching which isn't great for bubble wrapping

Do searchlights still give an infantry unit +1 to hit? If so, that would combo well with volley fire. So 36 shots with 4 more for each 5 or 6. Which averages 84 shots in all.

My interpretation of this scenario you would hit on 3+ but the extra shooting wud still be on a 6+.

Nope a roll of a 5 gets +1 and becomes a 6, thus triggering the bonus shots.

Mordians just might be the only regiment where the searchlight could be worth it's points cost

Actually, given their home world, I think it's kinda fluffy too. :thumbsup:

:lol: That is somewhat hilarious and Tzeech is afraid of light too right...? :sweat:

This thread for Mordian's is so confusing....

I don't believe search lights are available in 8th edition.  If they are - where is written.. AM Codex doesn't have it... 

Mordian doctrine doesn't give +1 to hit for normal shooting only +1 to hit for Overwatch shots.

Easy to make your own model for the Sabre though, plenty of search lights available on guard tank kits you could use. Not going down that route myself because it's filthy though (unless playing Eldar, then they deserve it)

The Strategem is ace, but it takes forever to roll those dice... when you start using FRFSRF, Bring it down, have Yarrick nearby for re-roll 1's to hit etc it really does take a long time so I avoid doing this on a blobbed up squad any more. It got tedious for me so I'm surprised my opponent didn't go to sleep. Had to buy him a beer afterwards (also to make up for outrageous luck throughout the game on my part) to make up for it.

Best use I've had with this is on Mordian Vet's. Execution order, bring it down (Laurels of command naturally) with Yarrick granting those re-rolls? Nice for picking off a pesky enemy character whose not too tough.

Anyway. Mordians (and therefore Praetorians) are the worst regiment, everyone knows that. Nothing to see here, move along.

Archived