3k WB List (my first)

Brother Arthantos

Hello all!

I hope all is well and that a few good souls (corrupted by the Dark Gods of course) will be able to give me some feedback on my list.

The idea behind the list is to re-create Zardu-Layak's host.  Zardu-Layak is a character that I love.  I like him because of him becoming an ambitious Diabolist but also because he was tied to the Ashen Circle and Gal'Vorbak.  Plus the sculpt with his blade slaves is super sexy.  

I've designed the list imagined a static gun line in the back to pummel the loyalists by artillery and air fire while a punchy force rushes towards the enemy to educate them on the Primordial Truth.  Also, I will have Zardu summon a Deamon Prince one day :smile.:

The roles are as followed:

- The veterans hang out with the Apothecary and try to hunt down high value targets and vehicles,

- The Gal'Vorbaks hop in the Spartan with the Chaplain to get close and intimate with the enemy's Death Star,

- The Ashen Circles and the Tacticals rushes objectives,

- The tank, dreadnoughts and Fireraptor shoot from the back,

- Zardu and the Chaplain do their magical shenanigans

Anyways, here is the list.  Let me know your thoughts and thanks again!

++  Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2959pts] ++

+ HQ +

Chaplain [112pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Melta Bombs, On Foot, Refractor Field
. Consul
. . Chaplain: Power Maul

Zardu Layak [275pts]: Anakatis Kul Blade-slaves, Warlord

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [45pts]
. Apothecary, Legion: Chainsword/Combat Blade, None (Infantry, Power Armour), Power Armour

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [205pts]
. Contemptor Dreadnought, Legion: Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon

Gal Vorbak Dark Brethren [385pts]: 9x Dark Brethren
. Dark Martyr: Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Pair of Lightning Claws

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion [222pts]: Dark Channelling, Melta Bombs, Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen
. Veteran Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword/Combat Blade
. Veteran Space Marines W/ Special Weapon, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Meltagun
. Veteran Space Marines, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade
. Veteran Space Marines, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad, Legion [175pts]: Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion
. Additional Wargear: Bolters
. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolter, Melta Bombs

Tactical Squad, Legion [125pts]: 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion
. Additional Wargear: Bolters
. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Bolter

Tactical Support Squad, Legion Plasma Gun [275pts]: Plasma gun, 9x Space Marines, Legion, Support Squad
. Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Flamer, Plasma Pistol

The Ashen Circle [350pts]: 9x Incendiary, 9x Power Axe
. Iconoclast: Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Phosphex Bombs, Power Axe

+ Heavy Support +

Fire Raptor Gunship, Legion [200pts]
. Four wing-mounted:: Tempest Rockets
. Two Independent Ball Turret-mounted:: Quad Heavy Bolter

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon [285pts]
. Leviathan Siege Dreadnought: Heavy Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Leviathan Siege Drill, Leviathan Storm Cannon

Spartan Assault Tank, Legion [305pts]: Quad Lascannon Sponsons, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

+ Allegiance +

and Allegiance, Legion:   XVII: Word Bearers, Traitor

++ Total: [2959pts] ++

From a competitive point of view they are pretty bad and over costed due to their low number of attacks and useless rules (str3 flamers are a joke)

It's quite sad cause they are a very thematic unit and they have awesome minis.

If you want to fit all the modifications and field their minis yes you can use them as proxy assault marines with dark chanelling for instance.

The only reason where they can be decent is at taking dawn vehicle like rhinos or pred with the str5 attacks on the rear...

Archived