The State of the Chapter

If your allowed to list tailor and I know my opponent is Tau you bet your Macragge blue undies that I’m bringing anti fly. It’s been a while since I even glanced at a Stalker but suits riptides etc are very common.

• 2 weeks later...

With regards to the kill-shot stratagem: It's even worse off now than it used to be. You can only bring 3 predators, and you need 3 for the stratagem. We can't bring 4 preds anymore, so if one of your 3 preds dies, the stratagem is useless. And if you don't get first turn, it's going to be very easy for your opponent to kill one of your preds before you even get a chance to use them.

The SM codex is not aging well.

Looking at the new Deathwatch codex it sure looks like GW is okay with the current points for Marines.

I'm not sure what leads you to that conclusion. If anything, Special Issue Ammunition is plainly worth more than two points. It makes more sense to expect a 1-2 point *drop* for regular marines in the upcoming CA based on this codex (which would make SIA appropriately costed), rather than see this as confirmation that marines are a-ok.

I've hated every second with predators. They die to a stiff breeze, aren't exactly cheap, need to be stationary, and the dakka isn't anything to write home about.

Don't even get me going on Killshot.

I've had the complete, polar opposite of your experience. My Predators have been nothing but excellent. They haven't been dying to a stiff breeze at all and their firepower is great, regardless of Killshot.

I think one of the major points in using them is to not fall into the Annihilator trap, however. Annihilators are very expensive for what they bring. If one wants Lascannons, I'd at most suggest sponson OR turret (my personal preference is Las/HB). But Destructors have been absolutely amazing in my experiences so far.

Yes I've enjoyed my Predator with Heavy Bolters and Autocannon. Of course our tanks could do with a boost to bring them in line with Fire Prisms and Leman Russ tanks, but Predators feel like a good base to spring board off.

Incidentally, I'd go for Predators turret weapons giving a +1 to wound when firing at vehicles or monsters. (I'd prefer enfilading shots but alas we have no facings now)

Archived