DP with Plague Spewer

McElMcNinja

I've picked up a second DP and am in the process of painting him now. I'm having troubles convincing myself to add the Spewer, I want to think it could be useful. I think running 2 DP together, both with spewers, and a couple spitter drones. Give 1 of the DP Arch Contaminator, that's 6d6 auto hits with rerolling all damage, that would soften up a lot before charging in. Maybe back them up with a unit of Blightlords or a bunch of Plaguebearers?

On another note, does Typhus truly only hit on a 5+ or can it not be modified past a 5+?

I often run my DP with 2 spitter drones. They make a helluva Trifecta. The DP is insulated against assaults and is capable of counter assaulting if a drone gets in trouble.

Since the FAQ the idea of the DP having that extra hitting power is definitely enticing. (With wings of course).

I don’t know if the points support it but I can say if I was play testing for a tournament, I think a good experiment would be 2 units set up like that. So 2 spitter drones and a Winged DP each.

Post FAQ a lot of people will feel cozy with no deepstrike, but this is an idea I’ve had myself to put a lot of early pressure on someone. Advancing all these units T1 against a gunline could be devastating.

Okay so if we were to take the plague sewer what would the best choice of close combat weapons be?

The way I read it it replaces a close combat weapon so you are left with just 1 sword, axe or talon

I suppose sword or talon as the spewer would be best used on infantry so the number of attacks are probably more important than the strength

Mine seemed to do OK in a smallish (1250 points game) where I actually sent the DP at targets where I wanted to use the sword anyways (Raiders and Venoms). I had given this WL the arch contaminator trait cuz the spewer is only str 5 which is kinda weak, and he had his 3 spitterdrone entourage to give them rerolls and provide ablative wounds.

In general all purpose games though I think flying claw DP still best.

It kinda funny that it's only now that a warlord Daemon Prince with arch contaminator can benefit from his own warlord trait

I just wish their was a Pus Cleaver relic like in 7th for him to take. I rolled a lot of 1's to wound this week.

Good point. That's a nice piece of kit missing from his arsenal. 

Still want to try the trifecta build... 2 Spitdrones + Spewer DP x 2. 

But what about 3 spewer DP, 3 spitterdrones, and 3 units of zombies. 3x3, and it is nice that the battlions give +5 CP now too. Theres still points for another Nurgle daemon battalion with  heralds and plaguebearers/nurglings.

Nurgle is in an excellent place right now, and we have nurgling deployment to shore up the weaknesses of not having turn 1 DS.

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw this today.  Funny, I was list building something like this over the weekend.

​Battalion

Chaos Lord - Balesword, Combi-bolter, Arch Contaminator, Fugaris' Helm

Necrosius - Miasma, Plague Wind, Putrescent V.

Poxwalkers x13

Cultists x9 and Champ (autoguns)

PMs x4 - blight launchers x2, bolters, knives, icon of despair

PM Champ - Plas gun

Myphitic Blight-hauler x1

PBCs x2 - spitters, hvy slugger, mortar

​Outrider 1

DP - Wings, sword, spewer, Putrescent Vit.

Bloat Drones with spitters x2

Spawn x1

Outrider 2

DP - Wings, sword, spewer, Putrescent Vit.

Bloat Drones with spitters x2

Spawn x1

Battlescribe shows it 2000 points on the nose and 111 PL.  I haven't gone back through the book and FAQs to double check yet.  My goal was to have two units of DPs and Drones (I initially wanted 3 full drone detachments, but found I had very little left).  I chose the plain jane Lord for cheapness and rerolls; not sure if I would leave him as warlord and give him the relic, or hand it off to a DP?  Might be nice to have the aura buff for the PMs, Hauler, and PBCs.....might be better utilized with DP and Drones.  Pox's and Cultists are cheap fillers; same with Spawn.  Right off the bat, I see an issue of taking and holding more than two objectives.  May not win a ton of games, but it sounds fun to play.

Archived