Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Outrider Detachment Advice.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Rommel44

Rommel44

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 475 posts
  • Faction: Luna Wolves
Hey mates. I am planning on fielding a GK Army in the future and this was my 1st attempt on testing out an Outrider Detachment for them so I just wanted to hear your thoughts. Detachment consists of:

* NDKGM:
-w/Personal Teleporter, Greatsword, Hvy. Psilencer, Hvy. Psycannon

* (10x) Interceptor Squad #1:
- w/ Justicar w/Hammer, SB
- 9x Falchions, SB

* (10x) Interceptor Squad #2:
- 9x Falchions, SB

* (10x) Interceptor Squad #3:
- 9x Falchions, SB

Total: 1,074 Points

Just something quick and simple to start out when I 1st begin collecting my GK army and I just wanted your thoughts. Went this route because Unterceptors to be Blunt are one of the few decent units in the GK codex at this time.

Edited by Rommel44, 21 April 2018 - 10:02 PM.

Gaz1858

Gaz1858

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,444 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights and Admech

Absolutely fine for a first collecting list. Interceptors are a great unit and Falchions are the best weapon. The odd hammer helps out to.

As you expand the army you can see what your meta is like and make choices from there

Snipper Rifles: 36", Heavy D3 Rending, as they hurl barber's scissors across the battlefield with deadly precision!

Soder

Soder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts
I would highly recommend magnetizing things as well. Mainly backpacks on the PAGK, the justicar’s weapons and the NDKs weapons as well. Also something I wish I had of known is that you only get enough falchions to equip 6 models in a 10-man box so you will need to buy extra bits as well if you want everyone with falchions

If you were playing a strict 1000pt game you will have to take away some of the upgrades to save that 74pts

Edited by Soder, 23 April 2018 - 09:19 PM.

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,872 posts
  • Faction: Flesh Tearers

Drop the personal teleporter on the GMNDK unless you think you'll be deep striking him on turn 2+. Give him Gate. You can also swap out the hammers for the Staves. Their almost as good and don't give you the -1 to hit. Change the GMNDK from the greatsword to the hammer if you can. The hammer is always at least 3 dmg. 

Otherwise. Pretty standard Outrider for GK post faq. Though you could also take out the GMNDK and drop in Draigo. He is a beast.

Also, I'd load out the psychic powers like this.

Draigo: Smite, Sanctuary, Gate of Infinity

GMNDK: Smite, Gate of Infinity

Interceptor 1: Smite, Vortex of Doom

Interceptor 2: Smite, Hammerhand

Interceptor 3: Smite, Astral Aim (if you take the GMNDK otherwise I would take Gate of Infinity)

"Death before Dishonor! No Mercy!" - Captain Donatello of the Roaring Lions!

gallery_62972_14467_40478.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users