Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k pure Custodes list. How would you change it?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Kimbo

Kimbo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 145 posts
Hi guys! So...I have been trying to create a list that i can use as the basic list to start with learning my new custodes...however, i am not sure if it is good...and i would love to hear your feedback on how to make it better?

The list:

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [106 PL, 1996pts] ++

+ HQ +

2x Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike

+ Troops +

8x Custodian Guard (6x Spear, 2x shield)

3x Custodian Guard with Spear

3x Custodian Guard with Spear

+ Elites +

3x Allarus Custodians, Misericordia

Vexilla Magnifica

+ Fast Attack

3x Vertus Praetors

3x Vertus Praetors

dtse

dtse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,181 posts
With the deep strike nerf I’m less excited about a big guardian unit. I’d rather take more bikes instead. Same with allarus. I feel beta rules has taken them completely out of any semi competitive list (along with most terminators in the game, as if they weren’t bad enough).

Then it just becomes a unit that you spent a lot of points in that actually is vulnerable to morale as well. It is better for stratagems yes. But foot slogging is easy to avoid.

First time you lose a Custodes model to morale you will cry inside and never run big units again haha. Trust me from experience
  • Kimbo likes this

CanHammer, Warhammer 40k & Age of Sigmar from the Great White North

www.youtube.com/canhammer

www.canhammer.ca

www.facebook.com/canhammer

canhammer.yt@gmail.com

@canhammer_yt on instagram

Patreon.com/Canhammer

Felstone

Felstone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts

With the deep strike nerf I’m less excited about a big guardian unit. I’d rather take more bikes instead. Same with allarus. I feel beta rules has taken them completely out of any semi competitive list (along with most terminators in the game, as if they weren’t bad enough).

Then it just becomes a unit that you spent a lot of points in that actually is vulnerable to morale as well. It is better for stratagems yes. But foot slogging is easy to avoid.

First time you lose a Custodes model to morale you will cry inside and never run big units again haha. Trust me from experience

I don't have a lot of 8th experience, but after reading a few posts and battle-reports it does seem like terminators are a liability in competitive play again (had a Deathwing army in 7th).

Kimbo

Kimbo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 145 posts
Ok i hear ya....how would your TAC lists look then? Something good to start with?

Felstone

Felstone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts

Ok i hear ya....how would your TAC lists look then? Something good to start with?

Replace the Allarus Custodians with another allied detachment (IG are a good choice), maybe an assassin or two. The only thing your really lacking with your list is some kind of deny and heavy(er) weapons.

dtse

dtse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,181 posts
Cant splash an assassin or two. You gotta take 3 now. At minimum 210 points and a whole detachment. So I would be sure what the role of the assassins are before splashing them

CanHammer, Warhammer 40k & Age of Sigmar from the Great White North

www.youtube.com/canhammer

www.canhammer.ca

www.facebook.com/canhammer

canhammer.yt@gmail.com

@canhammer_yt on instagram

Patreon.com/Canhammer

swordofmandulis

swordofmandulis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 232 posts
So you haven't said what environment you are going to be playing in, if you are playing with you mates at the local club and want to run pure Custodes, then i think it's very decent.

From my experience so far with the beta, after an initial level of salt I didn't think was possible, I've found it not to be a massive issue (but then I'm not playing competitively). I am still really liking the Alarus custodians, they are resilient and not at all like regular 2w marine terminators, they hit like an absolute truck and have some nice stratagems to go with them. Bringing them down turn 2 once your bikes have cleared a space, or if you can get 2 good advance rolls on your vexilla you can teleport onto it 3" away from enemy models. If you suddenly drop 5 of them in your opponents face they are gonna have something to think about.
  • Chaplain Dosjetka likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users