Theory about summer campaign box set

Sete

I have been musing for a while about the orks rumours for this summer.

I believe that Black Templars and Yarrick will be somewhat involved.

Please note that this is just a theory:

doz4a4t9ta901.jpg

Clues: High Marshall Helbrecth has been mentioned to be chasing Ghazghull all around the galaxy,(codex space marines) and if the 40k summer campaign box has in fact Orks, im fairly confident that BT will be on their heels.

We have that piece of artwork with a Primaris Templar fighting a Daemon of khorne.

Since half of Armaggedon is under daemonic influence due to khorne, it is another clue that we will be present there.

tumblr_oqxmp1vVaA1ummjd5o1_1280.jpg

These last few days GW has been sharing Orks related material, like ork walkers, and yesterday they shared a post "show us your Warlord"

Curiously enough the trio shown is Yarrick, Helbrecth and Ghazghull.

31117913_2013216138999015_44818077056302

30706585_2012108452443117_53552247268832

It seems the wolves will be busy with black legion, and if the campaign box set is warzone Armaggedon, (like the current starter set is of warzone ultramar) I'm confident that we will take a central role on the conflict.

Another clue that helps my case, is the War for Armaggedon Omnibus being released 7th of August, which the main novel is obviously Helsreach.

http://d28hgpri8am2if.cloudfront.net/book_images/onix/cvr9781784967550/war-for-armageddon-9781784967550_lg.jpg

(cover not final)

What do you guys think?

I have read similar rumours in other sites about the Orks and Armageddon, but I'm not sure about the BT's point. I know SW are one of the most important factions... I don't like the werewolf viking theme, but vampires, werewolves and robbed monk-warriors seems to be the best bets.

In the other hand... I think Black Templars will be really important in the new fluff

• They chose the BT for Fall of Cadia and Return of the Primarch, they could choose many chapters but they selected our Chapter, and Marshal Amalrich becoming an EC and being so important in the victory...
  • Most Armageddon fluff is oriented to the BT's actions (novels),but there were many many chapters and forces in the Third War.
  • Guilliman forced Helbrecht to launch new crusades, the Shrine Worlds Crusades.

I also suspect that the changes in the BT's fluff have some reasons, maybe their are preparing a big plot for us... They could simply repeat the fluff from C:SM from 6th and 7thEd, (not removing and not adding, C&P is free, why changing? and why that kind of changes?), but they decided to change it... so it could be the first step...

• Why are BT suddenly praying to the God-Emperor?
  • Why that loyalty bonds or comradeship with the Ecclesiarchy and SB?
  • Why that new hope on receiving some Librarians? Even noted as "blessing"... Primaris Librarian could be a reality but they skipped that chance... maybe a new Primaris Hero (the first psyker?)
  • As noted before... why doing new arts about our characters?

I also think that now the SM codexes are really easy to make, DA and BA are really similar in structure and close to Vainilla SM structure (texts, distribution, strategems, etc.), so they could launch more SM factions with low invest, c'mon most of fluff and rules are C&P...

I think they don't need to release unique BT vehicles or units (LS Vengeance, Stormfang, Wolf cavalry, or any other special unit)

• They released DA and BA at the same time and I think both armies had fantastic sales rates both armies received themed primaris boxes and heros...
  • Why not releasing at least one BT primaris hero? Not a common officer (Castellan or Marshal), it could be a named character... it could be a good product for the BT, not expensive invest and they could test the buyers.

I'm not going to lie... I didn't buy the SM codexes, but I'm sure I'm going to buy a Black Templars Codex or a Sons of Dorn codex (if BT are included).

If we think about rules, not only fluff or products, here in this forum there are a lot of fantastic ideas about how to recover the BT's spirit without a big invest...

• We want our Vows back, they could be Stratagems or Acts of Faith.
  • The BT's stratagems are easy, most of them could be the normal SM stratagems that are common to all the chapters, the "BT themed stratagems" are easy to do, recycle some Khorne or Blood Angels stratagems...
  • We have 4 special units, we don't need much more love... Maybe some old characters like Draco or even Almarich... maybe new Primaris.

I think they could do a big deal and release the Space Wolves with Black Templars, just like DA and BA. We all now that SW products will be a total success, and BT could not be as good as SW, but still some releases could be nice (hero, some bits...) and both codex could be more melee oriented than DA and BA, and much less Codex Astartes compilant...

SW has no successor chapters (now with Primaris they have, and they had one failed attempt), BT have no successors.

Clues: High Marshall Helbrecth has been mentioned to be chasing Ghazghull all around the galaxy,(codex space marines) and if the 40k summer campaign box has in fact Orks, im fairly confident that BT will be on their heels.

on which page I can find this?

on which page I can find this?

pag 106, in the page dedicated to Helbrecht. The last paraghrap and the box "Duty before Vengance".

Another interesting point about the BT's fluff is advancing is in the pag45. Talking about:

• Last Defense of Cadia (Fall of Cadia), new fluff pre-Rise of the Primarch
  • Shrine Worlds Crusades (M42)  fighting renegades, cultists and Daemons
  • Thou Shall Not Compromise (M42), fighting cultists and Daemons

Well as far I know Helbrecht and company are still on the way to Octarius where Ghaz is trying to take over the WAAAGH and get his tellyporta working so if there is some sort of event then I can see us being at least part of the beginning of that but I dont think we'll get a campaign this summer because AoS is supposed to have a new edition during that time (unless Im mistaken). Now I do expect a supplement soon since Orks/Space Wolves/GSC are the only major books left, perhaps they'll be similar to Imperial Armor books where each supplement adds something to the advancing story, I expect the Blackstone storyline to offer some possibility for the SM/GK codices to get a supplement soon but I dont think we'll be the major player regardless of what the future may hold.

ahh^^ i was reading chaos space marine codex^^

I know this thing already. But i woulndt go far by this.

Here we need the assistance of a Brother Chaplain.

Keep the faith Brother.

We were rolled into C:SM, but we're receiving some love, we could be great again.

There is only one answer: ZEAL!!!

'Zeal makes all things possible, duty makes all things simple.'

-Sigismund, First Captain, Legio Astartes Imperial Fists 

If I was GW I would have left this for a big 20 Year birthday party in 2020. But any attention is good attention.

This is good news though. The only person I will really get chance to play is a big Ork collector, and I am Black Templar / Imperial Guard. Perfect opportunity and might been buy Mr. Yarrick.

i used to collect Guard, Orks and Templar. But after 2 years 7th edition i decide to stop playing 40k. I started selling my armies. My plan was selling all armies except my black knights. After I sold all my Orks and half of my Guard, there were rumors about 8th edition. So i stopped selling - and how should I say. My Guard army is bigger then before ( not to mention my BT^^). But I dont think I want to collect a new ork army. I

ahh^^ i was reading chaos space marine codex^^

I know this thing already. But i woulndt go far by this.

Here we need the assistance of a Brother Chaplain.

Keep the faith Brother.

We were rolled into C:SM, but we're receiving some love, we could be great again.

There is only one answer: ZEAL!!!

'Zeal makes all things possible, duty makes all things simple.'

-Sigismund, First Captain, Legio Astartes Imperial Fists 

well said brother. But all my tries that GW hear our attention  die because I received no consederation our BT-community

Well... I was seaching info about the summer campaing but there are few sources...

Most rumours about Armageddon are from Aug2017...

And now there are two main theories about the new two player box for this summer:

-Orks vs SM (could be even Space Wolves, and releasing orks and sw at the same time)

-Black Legion vs Space Wolves.

It seems all main factions will receive their codexes between June and August... BT are not a main faction so any love received will be a total surprise...

I remember years ago... before being rolled into C:SM there were a lot of rumours about BT being redone, much work for fluff and new minis... and the the take the scissors and you know the consequences...

It is true that if Yarrik receives some love we could receive something too, because Yarrik was with us after Armageddon warboss's retrear and during the pursuit, but we don't know what happened when RG talked with Helbrecht and the later ordered the Shrine Worlds Crusades...

Still I have some faith in our fluff taking some advance steps. But I don't trust in the rumours about new BT's minis...

Of course, I suppose that if Armageddon gets a campaing book we will receive some pages, art work and maybe some rules for the campaing...

EDIT: In the other hand... maybe the new artwork from C:SM could be a point.. but I don't trust in tha supposed "Armageddon Triunvirate"

That art is beautiful and tragic for "War of Armageddon" 

Can't wait

Krash

Grimaldus no look headshotting an Orc FTW.

In regrads to the Omnibus - the Celestial Lions & Templars are supposedly involved in a fair bit of the new ADB book on the Emperors Spears. So it's a good setup to release that at the same time as the new ADB book. 

Under 8th rules, there are high demand for guardsmen infantry models. However, the quality of Cadian infantry kits are very poor. If GW going to make some big release Armaggedon-ish, it would be plastic Steel Legion.

A Primaris upgrade kit, and a character blister...I am afraid that we cannot expect BT products more than these.

Plastic steel legion would be a winner, as they could easily have it contain different heads. A general greatcoats guard box set. Could have Steel Legion, Death Korps and Vostroyan heads.

A "generic greatcoats" set has been discussed many times... but while those armies all have greatcoats, they are all quite distinctly different. A half-arsed kit like that wouldn't be that great.

Plastic steel legion would be a winner, as they could easily have it contain different heads. A general greatcoats guard box set. Could have Steel Legion, Death Korps and Vostroyan heads.

A "generic greatcoats" set has been discussed many times... but while those armies all have greatcoats, they are all quite distinctly different. A half-arsed kit like that wouldn't be that great.
GW is moving a lot more towards "resin upgrades to plastic kits" type model with FW, dropping a lot of all resin kits for HH and instead doing plastics with upgrades.

Having the base model steel legion, then FW Valhallan or even DKoK upgrades (I doubt DKoK- they just made new molds for a new infantry squad) wouldn't be beyond the question.

Although if I was a betting man, Armageddon Ork Hunters. Catachan base, and some sort of upgrade sprue with Ork bits.

Archived