Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

London GT 2K Thousand sons

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Rune Priest Ridcully

Rune Priest Ridcully

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,530 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

I m going to the GT in London, and am currently trying to decide whereever or not to use my Grey knights or my Thousand sons, here is the force if I decide to go with Thousand sons

Battallion
Zarathustra Suicune , exalted sorcerer on disc of Tzeentch and with Helm of the third eye
Ahriman on disc

10 Tzaangors with Tzaangor blades instrument of chaos

Rubric Squad Ptolemy:10, 8 inferno boltguns, one soulreaper cannon, force staff and plasma pistol.

Chaos Rhino with combi bolter 
Rubric squad Belshazar: 7, inferno boltguns, inferno bolt pistol, force staff.
Chaos rhino with combi bolter and havoc launcher

Chaos Xiphon interceptor
Hellforged Chaos Contemptor dreadnought with chainclaw, butcher cannon and combi bolter 

Vanguard
Ensharhaddon Raiku, terminator sorcerer with force staff, inferno combi bolter and spell familiar, warlord.
Hellbrute with twin lascannon and missile launcher
Hellbrute with hellbrute plasma cannon and missile launcher 
Scarab occult squad Mithrandir:5, force staff, 4 power swords, 5inferno combi bolters, heelfyre missiles
1996pts
With the changes to deepstriking, I am thinking of dropping the terminators in favour of a hellforged predator with lascannon sponsons and either the C beam cannon or a Plasma destroyer, if I did that I'd likely drop the exalted's disc, make him the warlord and put him with the tank dreads as a firebase.
If I did that I'd most likely try and squeze a unit of enlightened with bows in to act as a objective grabber/distraction.

Need Snot green paint, will trade bits/pay for it.

QUOTE (Kol_Saresk @ Oct 22 2012, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love how GW creates the Warp Talon to be some sort of super-powered Raptor, and instead it's become the king-of-all-kitbashes.

gallery_48988_16045_16337.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.png

Hopper21

Hopper21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 155 posts
Sorry for the un constructive post. List looks great mate see you there!

Paladin777

Paladin777

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 902 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons, Blood Angels
You might be interested in giving someone the dark matter crystal, it’s definitely worth the 1cp for the second relic.

sneakybamsen

sneakybamsen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,039 posts
  • Faction: DA, IK, TS

Personally I'd no doubt get a 9 man unit of bow enlightened with a shaman, they just seem so awesome for the points.

If that is not an option, fair enough then, but the scarab occult and rubrics are not particularly competitive, so I'd look into other options there. Perhaps a defiler? It can be a real badass with stratagems.

A.K.A. Brother Cyphriel

Progress log for Dark Angels and a couple of knights: http://www.bolterand...-paintful-work/

eO4Lhjt.pngWLvJrn0.png7OYFHsF.png

Rune Priest Ridcully

Rune Priest Ridcully

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,530 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

I'm thinking of going for this instead:

Zarathustra Suicune , exalted sorcerer on disc of Tzeentch with two power swords and infernal bolt pistol (Temporal manipulation, Warptime
Ahriman on disc (Glamour, weaver and death hex)

10 Tzaangors with Tzaangor blades instrument of chaos

Rubric Squad Ptolemy:10, 8 inferno boltguns, one soulreaper cannon, force staff and plasma pistol. Infernal gaze

Chaos Rhino with combi bolter and havok launcher
Rubric squad Belshazar: 10, inferno boltguns, inferno bolt pistol, force staff. Tzeentch's firestorm

Chaos Xiphon interceptor
Hellforged Chaos Contemptor dreadnought with chainclaw, butcher cannon and combi bolter 

Vanguard
Daemon Prince of Tzeentch with Hellforged sword Gaze of Fate and prescience, warlord, helm of the third eye
Hellbrute with twin lascannon and missile launcher
Hellbrute with hellbrute plasma cannon and missile launcher 
Hellforged predator with C beam Cannon and lascannon sponsons
2000pts
In regards to the second relic, I'd go for either dark matter crystal or seer's bane on the exalted, it depends on my opponent really.

Need Snot green paint, will trade bits/pay for it.

QUOTE (Kol_Saresk @ Oct 22 2012, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love how GW creates the Warp Talon to be some sort of super-powered Raptor, and instead it's become the king-of-all-kitbashes.

gallery_48988_16045_16337.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.png

Paladin777

Paladin777

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 902 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons, Blood Angels
I would say give Ahriman temporal manipulation and give your double sword exalted diabolic strength. Diabolic strength on a choppy sorcerer is quite strong (and makes a top notch duelist) and death hex is rather situational. Should that situation arise, you can always swap it with a command point. Also, I would say temporal manipulation is probably best cast with a bonus.

Edit: Something else I would note is that you don’t have any squads that would make the best use of glamour or Weaver (ie. max size squads) so if you really wanted to keep death hex, you could probably get away with swapping one of those with death hex without too much impact.

Edited by Paladin777, 29 April 2018 - 05:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users