Custodes detachment to support the main army

Title says it all. I am thinking on getting myself some golden guys as a support for my alpha legion  raven guard army. Any recommendations? Already got myself 4 jet bikes (gonna use them as 3 bikers + captain). What else should i look at? I really like the allarus terminators and i am looking closely at the calladius grav tank.
Cheers

Probably just 3 captains lol

"How to loose friends" guide  

I reckon a Caladius Grav-Tank, 2* 3 bikes and a Captain in an Outrider would be an incredibly good looking and fun support detachment.

That is actually a nice idea. I Didnt notice that Caladius is a fast attack. Thanks

As much as I hate to say it, more bikes?

You probably have better SM options for heavy support vs a grav tank.

Actually marines do not have any really nice heavy support vehicle options. Even in IA books there is an awesome sicaran venator and...that's it? And that grav tank has 2+BS, 5++ (in a fully cutsodes detachment), 6+++, and 2 nice 60 inch heavy 8 -3 D3 and a 36 inch heavy 6 -2 1 cannons + 16 inch move and 14 wounds. 315 points though...

As much as I hate to say it, more bikes?

You probably have better SM options for heavy support vs a grav tank.

Actually marines do not have any really nice heavy support vehicle options. Even in IA books there is an awesome sicaran venator and...that's it? And that grav tank has 2+BS, 5++ (in a fully cutsodes detachment), 6+++, and 2 nice 60 inch heavy 8 -3 D3 and a 36 inch heavy 6 -2 1 cannons + 16 inch move and 14 wounds. 315 points though...

Fair point.

Pretty sure the caladius won't get the +1 to its invuln. So will be 6++/6+++.

Yeah, my bad. Only bikers and infantry get +1. Still 6++ is nice

Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought is also a solid choice is your looking for custodian heavy support. It doesn't have the range of the tank but you can also deep strike it with the stratagem (maybe it's not worth keeping that many points off the board for 2 turns now).

f0WgU7Q.jpg

So Raven Guard will benefit massively from the 5++ Vexilla Terminator. He can deep strike turn 1 to deploy his bubble anywhere in your deployment zone where you think it is most needed!

Allarus are awesome, lots of good stratagems too - hefty in points however.

I can vouch for the Coronus, that thing is tough to take down. Ate some Titan firepower and survived in my last game.

tbh, if you're p[laying marines looking for heavy support, just run devastators.  3-4 predators if you must with killshot is brutal too.  The achillus is just that...a dreadnought, which sucks, even worse now with turn 2 only.  You will cry when 50% of the time you fail that 9" charge and watch it get destroyed....lotta points too.

Actually you will fail the charge 73% of the time lol.

So I think GW need to revisit the Dreadnought and give them the +1 to invuln, I can't see any reason they didn't get it other than fear.

Maybe the shield dreadnought from FW will turn out decent. If it ever gets rules.

I wouldn’t hold out much hope for the shield dread. They seem loathe to give good invulnerable saves to walkers and vehicles and if they do it will pay through the nose for it. Plus it will have to pay a fortune for the inbuilt flamethrower on the sword so they’ll be super expensive, won’t be able to wound vehicles on a 2 and will still suffer from the odds of making a deepstrike charge. Plus you’ve then got to add on the arbitrary points tax for it being a Forgeworld model and it won’t be worth it.

If you’re looking to support space marines I would avoid heavy stuff altogether, Space Marines already have strong shooting they can bring to bear (and will look cheap doing it compared to Custodes). I would focus on areas that space marines can’t do as well. Rapid and hard hitting assault units. Imo you’ll be hard pressed to beat just getting more bikes, especially with the deep strike nerf that will hamper the Terminators. The bikes have good movement, firepower and a strong charge.

Thank you everyone. In the end i went for 3xJet bikes, grav tank, allarus and captain on jetbike to have some options.
Last game i tested this:
gallery_98206_14457_36704.jpg

And that was awesome. The tank is very annoying for the enemy due to 60 range shooting, 16 move and ignoring hights.

And i'm still in process of finding the color scheme i like)
gallery_98206_14457_99364.jpg

Archived