Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2K Custode-led Imperial list

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Whiskie

Whiskie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10 posts

Hey everyone.  I'm a 12 year vet of 40K returning after a lengthy hiatus (got out at the start of 6th edition).  Things have changed a lot, but I've been doing some research and am ready to make my first attempt at writing a list to buy pieces of.  I like to play miniature games competitively so my intention is to be playing ITC style missions with this list in the future.  Anyway here's what I've come up with:

Custodes Battalion Detatchment - 5CPs

2x Shield Captains on Bikes

3x 3 man Custodian Guard squads

1x 3 man Vertus Praetor squad

Mechanicus Battalion Detatchment - 5CPs

Forge World: Stygies VIII

2x Techpriest Enginseers

3x 5 man Skitarii Ranger squads w/ Transuranic Arquebus

2x Dunecrawler
- Neutron Laser & Heavy Stubber
- Heavy Stubber
- Broad-spectrum data teather

1x Dunecrawler
- Eradicator Beamer
- Heavy Stubber
- Broad-spectrum data teather

Officio Assassinorium Vanguard Detatchment

3x Culexus Assassins

Total: 1,997/2,000
CPs: 10

Assuming I understand all the rules correctly and didn't make an illegal list, what do you guys think?  Thanks!

Felstone

Felstone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts

Hey everyone.  I'm a 12 year vet of 40K returning after a lengthy hiatus (got out at the start of 6th edition).

Join the club!

Assuming I understand all the rules correctly and didn't make an illegal list, what do you guys think?  Thanks!

From what i've seen the Dunecrawler is very strong right now, good choice of heavy support.

Kimbo

Kimbo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 145 posts
I like it alot...I am trying to create a Custodes/admech list myself...I think i am gonna steal your idé - the assasins...and maybe 1 Ranger squad for vanguard moving up!

Please post if you tried it out and how it worked?

Cheers

Felstone

Felstone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts

I like it alot...I am trying to create a Custodes/admech list myself...I think i am gonna steal your idé - the assasins...and maybe 1 Ranger squad for vanguard moving up!

Please post if you tried it out and how it worked?

Cheers

^

MeatGrinder

MeatGrinder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,675 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves 13th Company

I'd find the points for a vexilla to protect your advancing guard squads, but other than that, looks good. I dont think you need the eradication beamer dunecrawler, it doesnt add much that the neutrons dont already bring. The benefit of having two is that you also have two enginseers to run with them and fix up a couple of wounds a turn. I'd also look into swapping an enginseer for a dominus, for those sweet reroll 1s.

QUOTE (Ravenous;1568384)
I just have a bad feeling that the drop troop guard army's theme song would be "its raining men"

Kimbo

Kimbo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 145 posts
A question: when i use battlescribe...and try to make a Assassin vanguard Detachment...I mentions that i need an HQ...your does not have a HQ...what am i missing here? Thanks for reply!

Felstone

Felstone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts

A question: when i use battlescribe...and try to make a Assassin vanguard Detachment...I mentions that i need an HQ...your does not have a HQ...what am i missing here? Thanks for reply!

New "Execution Force" in the FAQ allows you to bring a vanguard detachment of assassins without an HQ. It's basically a work around for battle-forged lists.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users