Max's Return to Dark Angels

MaxB

Wow MaxB!

Love the work you've been producing and that display board and the minis together are fantastic!

I really like that you've gone with black weapon casings, makes the boys look more grimdark; I also really like the fact that the good guys have blue plasma and the baddies have red, seems legit ;)

It looks like the Fallen are actually hunting the DA, if they are looking for some time in cell 42 then they've come to the right place.

Keep up the brilliant work, and share here ofc.

Wow MaxB!

Love the work you've been producing and that display board and the minis together are fantastic!

I really like that you've gone with black weapon casings, makes the boys look more grimdark; I also really like the fact that the good guys have blue plasma and the baddies have red, seems legit ;)

It looks like the Fallen are actually hunting the DA, if they are looking for some time in cell 42 then they've come to the right place.

Keep up the brilliant work, and share here ofc.

Thank you Stobz. You are very kind.

Haha re the red and blue - I guess it was all the Star Wars as a kid!

• 2 months later...

Bit of an overdue update...

Aggressor squad! Soooo many edges - lucky there were only 3 of these guys. Though 6 in a game would be fun... 3 can do some stuff for sure but seem to get shot off the board in one go. Also I have never yet been able to double shoot them :sad.: hopefully soon...within 6" of Azrael haha.

39794449043_590b04f2bb_c.jpg

And picked up the 500th store Primaris Lieutenant. A really nice model! And even with their prevalence, my first Primaris Lieutenant. I put more effort into this guy and am really pleased with the finished model.

46757011871_2e65782e79_z.jpg

And with those two I'm going to slow down on the DA for a bit. I have one more scout squad, but have enough to play a fun army. My next venture will be highly inappropriate for this thread (nids/GSC) and will involve a lot less edge highlighting! 

Max

• 1 month later...

Man, all these Dark Angels are so crisp and clean, I love it. I really like the Lieutenant, but....

Can we get some more pictures of those two Fallen? ;)

Also, where's your Azrael's head from?

Man, all these Dark Angels are so crisp and clean, I love it. I really like the Lieutenant, but....

Can we get some more pictures of those two Fallen? :wink:

Thanks mate. 

Check the Instagram link in my signature for more of those Fallen (they are toward the bottom of the feed). Or here...http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/345280-kill-team-returns-show-me-what-you-got/page-2?do=findComment&comment=5134324

Azrael's head is from the Dark Angels Primaris upgrade sprue with the hair filed off.

Can we get some more pictures of those two Fallen? :wink:

Thanks mate. 

Check the Instagram link in my signature for more of those Fallen (they are toward the bottom of the feed). Or here...http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/345280-kill-team-returns-show-me-what-you-got/page-2?do=findComment&comment=5134324

Azrael's head is from the Dark Angels Primaris upgrade sprue with the hair filed off.

Huh, so the Primaris upgrade sprue for Azrael's face. Interesting.

And those fallen are really, really nice. Love the mood that picture gives off

Gorgeous!!! Just gorgeous MaxB!!!! While your green is obviously the initial eye catcher, I’m truly impressed with your skulls. The gray/blue undertones really make the skulls feel cold. I love it!

Gorgeous!!! Just gorgeous MaxB!!!! While your green is obviously the initial eye catcher, I’m truly impressed with your skulls. The gray/blue undertones really make the skulls feel cold. I love it!

Thanks Greenz! It's using the recipe off the back of the RW Command Squad box (ulthuan grey, drakenhoff nightshade, etc). Glad you can enjoy those secondary details though  - they are pretty time consuming and don't always show up on the table top haha.

Max

Incredible painting Max! I'm at a loss for words to find a suitable compliment worthy for your work.

@ Dragonglave:

Found a recipe from Seige Studios (they did the RW for Tabletop Tactics - mad army). The have it on their Insta

It goes...
Base mix of Caliban Green and Celestra Grey
Dry brush with celstra grey then VMC pale grey blue (I just used ulthuan grey)
Wash Coelia Greenshade
Final light dry brush with ulthuan grey (or the VMC pale grey blue)

Incredible painting Max! I'm at a loss for words to find a suitable compliment worthy for your work.

@ Dragonglave:

Found a recipe from Seige Studios (they did the RW for Tabletop Tactics - mad army). The have it on their Insta

It goes...

Base mix of Caliban Green and Celestra Grey

Dry brush with celstra grey then VMC pale grey blue (I just used ulthuan grey)

Wash Coelia Greenshade

Final light dry brush with ulthuan grey (or the VMC pale grey blue)

I saw that, think it was for the marble. I was curious about the marine's armor.

What's your recipe for the green you use? I saw you have a name a few pages back but I'm having a hard time finding any details. 

Over black undercoat...

- Airbrush Caliban Green

- Airbrush Zenithal Highlight of Vallejo Sick Green

- Glaze Biel Tan Green

- Edge highlight Warpstone Glow

- Edge highlight Moot Green

- Dot highlights of Gauss Blaster Green

The first few steps are from Mike Mutiny's Dark Angels - check them on instagram they are perfection!

Gorgeous work, Max. :tu:

My next venture will be highly inappropriate for this thread (nids/GSC) and will involve a lot less edge highlighting!

Make sure you share your progress with us down in the Tyranid and/or the Genestealer Cult subforums! Fresh meat is always welcome. :devil:

Gorgeous work, Max. :tu:

My next venture will be highly inappropriate for this thread (nids/GSC) and will involve a lot less edge highlighting!

Make sure you share your progress with us down in the Tyranid and/or the Genestealer Cult subforums! Fresh meat is always welcome. :devil:

Haha will do!

Boo; get away you foul xenos loving scum.

;)

You tell him stobz! ;)

Archived