Lieutenant helmets?

HighMarshalAmp

Are they black with the Lt stripes or white with the Lt stripes (or, effectively, one single red stripe)?

Edit: black, I guess - the red of the Sergeant Helmets is the Guard's white, and the Smurf Lt helmets are blue after all, not red.

So black helmet with stripes and black arms for my Lt.

I went White Arms and Black Helmets with skull sigil on right shoulder.

BUT, I'm also not using white arms for veterans per the Codex.

As duz_ called it: feel free to do what you want because there are no solid rules for colors on these guys :tu:

Absolutely!!!

But I determine what I want by finding out what works for me - and with fluff armies, that's staying as true to the fluff as can be.

But the helmet thing is also important for my homebrew chapter (the Dancing Queens... it's a work in progress) who are a Raven Guard Successor.

I need 100% RG markings on those to differentiate them from other Chapters/ Legion since I found out that my awesome paint scheme I drew up from scratch all by myself is kinda already in use on the FW Emperor's Children...

So yeah, if you want pics, there's a whole lotta RG and successor glam shots heading your way in the next few months ;)

Months?! :wacko.:

Denied.

J/K ;)

Welcome to the Ravenspire ^_^

If it matters, in the Dark Imperium box, there is a pamphlet of sorts that shows a RG Lieutenant ... with a black helmet and white arms, yet no discussion on this pattern at all.  This is the only "official" source on this topic, period.

I didn't even know that existed!

Seeing as it is a brand new rank (unit) to this edition you're going to be hard pressed to find a "100% official" designation beyond what RB mentioned previously.

Which means open to interpretation / interpolation ;)

My Lt's

gallery_87434_12256_140251.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_202676.jpg

Months?! :wacko.:

I feel ya!

But I got 10 Tac Beakies on the table and once I got the last guns for my Templars and Marines painted (*sigh. Guns ain't no fun!) it'll be their turn.

They should be done rather quickly - none of the joints need to be painted separately after all :smile.:

I'll throw in the Lt once I've magnetized his arms. Drilling them is a b*tch though, I've got blisters on my finger from the drill.

There migt follow a short intermission; I've still got two UM Company Veterans and a few Red Eagles (a 5 Man Tac Squad and maybe 3 Company Veterans if I should see fit to add them right away) to go as well.

I'll post pics of what I've got as soon as I manage to take a few nice ones.

Just to post anything right now: here's my UM Captain, my only model I've got some more or less proper pics of right now.

Also I'm mighty proud of that guy! :happy.:

gallery_106102_14440_546450.jpg

gallery_106102_14440_244007.jpg

Niiiice!

Ya man, no rush. In fact you are just in time to join the ETL for the Raven Guard :yes:

Have a Land Raider by chance?

Umm... yeah no. Only Infantry from me.

But if a Tac Squad, another Tac Squad, the Lt and Shrike would do it, it might work.

I need to get a grip on the ETL time limits - I haven't ordered the RG shoulder pads yet and don't know if I should vow to paint something I don't even know I will be able to build right away...

Edit: oh, do Successor Chapters count? If so, I'd have an excuse to paint the Red Eagles after all :smile.:

Edit 2: 6th of May, that's when I'll have my shoulder pads at the latest.

If that's too late, hell, do Ultramarines or Templars count as well? Got plenty of those I could tackle...

Successors count!  You are vowing for the C: Space Marine forum, not the Raven Guard, per se.  So if you'd rather do Red Eagles then go for it :tu:

You have plenty of time, really no worries there ^_^

Successors count! You are vowing for the C: Space Marine forum, not the Raven Guard, per se. So if you'd rather do Red Eagles then go for it :tu:

You have plenty of time, really no worries there ^_^

Rather? No, I'm no either-or guy. If there's two chapters I wanna play, then I just have a few more vows to take ;)

Edit: but since they're RG successors, I hope they still count towards us kicking the other Chapters' backside :) :) :)

Archived