Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Eldar flyer advice (Corsairs)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,171 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

So i was vaguely considering adding a flyer contingent to my mixed Eldar force (Inasmuch as i base all my eldar the same :D ) I was probably going to go Corsair with them as flyers seem very corsair even if their ground forces dont work solo anymore exactly.

Question is, with no straight Corsair flyers im stuck with a choice between Craftworld or Dark eldar for the Detachment, no traits, just the planes themselves, what would people suggest/advise? 

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,766 posts
Both of the Craftworld Eldar flyers are very good. A Crimson Hunter Exarch with Brightlance loadout will give you some excellent long-ranged anti-tank punch. It can hang back in your deployment zone which makes it a real nuisance for your opponent to deal with while still peppering targets. Starcannons are OK if you expect to face lots of Elite infantry but in that case you might be better of going straigth for....

The Hemlock is a shorter-ranged beast but it really hits hard. My favourite psychic power for it is Jinx with Smite as backup. It's auto-hitting Heavy D-Scythes also make it one of the best units available for hunting down other aircraft. Auto-hitting is also great as any damage it takes does not degrade its offensive capabilities.

The Dark Eldar flyers do not quite float my boat in the same way but others may have better experiences with them.
  • Noserenda likes this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users