The ETL Crusade: The Brethren Assemble

TheOneTrueZon

Our pizza has extra ZEAL added at no extra charge.

I have not visited the BA thread in a bit, but I am pretty sure that they will make a nice showing this year.

Been shadowing the Sons of Sanguinius for a bit and it’s scary .... I think a majority are in shock over the Big FAQ. I think the Black Rage is heavy upon them. ;)

I’m hoping the legendary zeal of the Templars (Black, Iron, or otherwise) can live up to its reputation. It would be a shame to see Vulkan or Guilliman’s Sons out do Dorn’s in a challenge :D

Black Templars won the first ETL singlehandedly! Of course those were the days when they had their own dedicated Codex - but still, that was an important victory both for the BT ETL legacy but also for the ETL itself because it added credibility to the event. Let me explain:

ETL came at the wake of the now dead Librarius Painting Competition (LPC) - the then inter-forum event (a much smaller affair than the ETL but that's what it was at the time). Now the BAs were pretty strong in this event but the last two years before its demise the DAs won by a significant margin - so there was a lot of momentum in the DA forum. Then the ETL hit the boards, and its initial format was a cocky challenge of the DA forum against the other forums and run by a known Dark Angels fanboy and member of the Inner Circle (me)! So there was some (not much admittedly) doubt in the onset of the ETL about the "fairness" of the event. Obviously the transparency of the mechanics did a lot to alleviate such concerns, but the fact that the DAs did not win did a lot (I think) to boost the credibility of the event.

So i have to thank the BT crowd for stepping up and win against a DA forum at the height of its momentum at the time!

For the record the DAs won ETL II ....

I believe by the time of the second ETL, sixth edition codex had hit with all effects that that entailed (Not the thread for that, but suffice to say, our subforum still hasn't recovered by my estimates)

Now we're in the age of Primaris, and I personally have difficulty in meshing the old with the new. More power to those who doesn't have this problem, and again, not the thread for this topic.

I guess my main point is: we didn't just run out of steam randomly.

I just recently realized that the last time I represented BT in ETL was in 2015. And actually failed that vow... kind of a downturn after being the "forum champion" in 2014 with my massive HQ spam :dry.: Anyway, time sure flies, doesn't feel like it has been that long. In 2016 I painted some Sororitas, and of course 2017 "never happened". And this year, it's, uh, something else :whistling:

Just to clarify/confirm what I thought I saw in another forum, Imperial Knights can be painted and counted for the Black Templar forum?

Ok, Knights moved down to my staging area and will begin construction.

Questions:

1. Have some conversion bits (shield + power spear) that will allow me to build the GW Knight into one of the FW <funky word>-astus knights (see below). Will that be allowed?

What it will look like...

gallery_15184_7227_101381.jpg

FW Equivalent

gallery_15184_7227_43504.jpg

2. Sisters of Silence - Can they be built under the Templar faction because they are <Imperial>?

3. Custodes - Since they have their own codex, they are part of some other Imperial faction, correct?

4. Primaris can be painted as anything, but only be aligned to one faction (e.g. Templars), correct?

5. What about Assassins? How do they fit into the grand scheme?

I think that's it for now.

ZEAL!

1. Yes but at a points discount. I’ll PM you

2+3. Templars have no access to either Sisters or Custodes; they are IFOR only

4. Primaris are available to all Space Marines Chapters (as they are included in all Space Marines Codices

5. Assassins are also available to IFOR only

Full Disclosure: I've never used points before because we use PLs.

Looking at Hellbasters, am I reading this correct.

Base figure = 18 pts, no upcharge for Sgt.

Plasma Incinerator = 15 pts

Grenades = 0

Is that correct?

Full Disclosure: I've never used points before because we use PLs.

Looking at Hellbasters, am I reading this correct.

Base figure = 18 pts, no upcharge for Sgt.

Plasma Incinerator = 15 pts

Grenades = 0

Is that correct?

yes, making a minimum sized squad of 5 come to 165pts.  But if you're adding a plasma pistol to the sergeant, then he becomes +7 pts to the squad.

Just popping up out nowhere to say that I'll be supporting the Black Templars for this event. I have a few things in mind that have been held back for special occasions.

The kin of Puck has entered the fray.

Hi Captain, looking forward to another one of these events! Just pondering the legality of these guys as a Templars/ SM entry. They are FW Recon marines for Horus Heresy but I plan on using them as Sniper Scouts with camo cloaks.

med_gallery_72111_11908_910079.jpeg

Thanks!

Just to clarify/confirm what I thought I saw in another forum, Imperial Knights can be painted and counted for the Black Templar forum?

Yeah jealous. Promised myself a Knight Errant if I get three Vows done. At the rate I paint usually, it might still be available for the next ETL ... and I always do stuff I like in twos. (Hey! Who stole my wallet!)

Hi Captain, looking forward to another one of these events! Just pondering the legality of these guys as a Templars/ SM entry. They are FW Recon marines for Horus Heresy but I plan on using them as Sniper Scouts with camo cloaks.

med_gallery_72111_11908_910079.jpeg

Thanks!

Sure, they're fine!

ZEAL!

OMG do it, do it, do it, in the name of Cygnar do it :wink:

The  question isn't whether or not  I do it, I am. The  question is what will the points be.

Note: This is not a scratch build, these are commercially available parts on Etsy. It's almost like buying  the arms from FW, except this guy is a master modeler. Look for Taro  miniatures. I highly recommend his bits and  his service.

Archived