The ETL Crusade: The Brethren Assemble

TheOneTrueZon

Vows ready? It’s reminder time. We’re within the 24 hour mark for the event to start, link below for the outpost where vows can be made. Remember your first vow must be in on or before June 1st @1700 UTC (5pm). Subsequent vows can be made after that time, but the first must be in before then for the points to count.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346712-space-marines-outpost/?do=findComment&comment=5067747

Base format for this year’s etl vow (though generally embellishments have been okay in the past) remember to link your starting photo with the vow.

I [Display Name] rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the [Forum] and vow to complete [insert units’ description here] of total value [insert total points’ value of the vow here] on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Right, here goes:

Uploading pictures from your PC to the B&C Gallery

Step 1: go to Gallery. The link to the Gallery can be found in the top menu of B&C home screen.

Step 2: Once in the Gallery click on the red “upload” button that can be found on the top side

Step 3: Youget the option the either create a new album or select an existing album or select category. Assuming you’re a first time user of this feature click on “Create a New Album”

Step 4: Name your Album (e.g. ETL VI) and if you want you may add a description (e.g. miniatures painted for the 2018 ETL event). You may then assign it to a specific category to reflect the theme of the content or just leave it at the default “The Bolter & Chainsword”. You can further customise this by allowing/disallowing comments and/or ratings.

Step 5: Once you’ve created the album you may start uploading the pictures from your PC. To do that you click on “Choose File” button and then select the pics you want to upload from your PC. Make double sure that the pics a B&C appropriate.

Step 6: Once the pics are uploaded, click on the “Review & Publish” button located at the bottom right of the screen. Here, for each picture, you can add tags, rotate the image add a tittle and a description. Once you’re happy with it, click the “Finish and Publish” button at the bottom of the screen. The pictures are uploaded to your gallery!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Posting picture from your gallery to a thread:

Step 1: Go to your gallery and select the album that contains the pics you want to post (e.g. ETL VI)

Step 2: Select the picture you want and double-click on it so it will become enlarged. By right-clicking on it you will be offered the option to select size. The options are “Thumbnail”, “Small”, “Medium”, “Large”. Select the size you want (e.g. “Medium”).

Step 3: You then can copy the image straight (or copy the image address) and paste it in your post (or use the the image function in your post editor to paste the image address). Now you should have your picture visible in your post.

I hope the above helps. :smile.:

Spoiler tags if anyone wants to post them on your photos (really saves loading time for the pages it you do). [$poiler]image

just replace the $ with an s and put your photo links in place of “image”.

Think that’s about it for anyone who hasn’t done one, but feel free to add more tips.

Honda, would you post link for those parts?

I've seen things come and go out of stock, so you may have to contact him. I also see he's added some interesting things to his shop.

This guy is the bomb, I love his stuff.

Taro Modelmaker:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TaroModelmaker?ref=l2-shopheader-name

If Imperial Knights can count I'll do that

This. I am in the  same position, but go with the knights. Good points per effort unit.

Oh, and don't look in the above link. You'll never forgive me.

Oh, and don't look in the above link. You'll never forgive me.

I got the CC weapon set a few weeks ago in preparation for ETL. But now that I've checked back - holy hell he added a WAR BELL. 

I GOT A FEVER AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS MORE WAR BELL. 

Okay, I've been out of challenges for a bit, and have worked up quite the backlog of projects to get going on. So, my questions (to anybody who can answer to an ETL newb) are:

1) Do ETL vows need to be completely unassembled, assembled-no paint, assembled and base-coated, or any mixture of the 3,

2) Do bases have to be completed to complete a vow,

3) Where can I locate more information?

Just off the top of my head. In my Crusade forum, I was just recently lamenting the amount of projects I have in the cue, and this may just give the paddlin' I need to actually get off my 4-point-of-contact and get somethings done.

I also hope I didn't ask questions that have already been answered elsewhere. I just skipped to the last page.

More information will be coming within the next 24 hours.

Models can be built, but I am unsure as to whether or not basecoating is allowed this year. So if you can wait for the announcement, your answer will come.

In the past, a completed base is what you make of it. Plain black was acceptable for a completion.

Your ZEAL does not have to be restrained for much longer.

1) Do ETL vows need to be completely unassembled, assembled-no paint, assembled and base-coated, or any mixture of the 3,

2) Do bases have to be completed to complete a vow,

3) Where can I locate more information?

1 - Models should be at most at undercoating stage (any single colour) at the time of vow submission. 

2 - Honda answered this already.

3 - http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346705-e-tenebrae-lux-vi/?do=findComment&comment=5067633

Hmm, to vow or not to vow.  My completion rates have not had a great track record as of late, and I'm only going to get busier in the months to come.  Plus, the latest from GW rather thoroughly jammed up mojo flow, since DS first turn screening was the bread and butter of my army.  The mass of grey plastic on my desk is comprised chiefly of Terminators.

Although it helps that Monster Hunter and Divinity: Original Sin have finally gotten boring after eating an utterly embarrassing serving of hours from my life. :tongue.:

As an aside, if things are calculated by PL this year then I will likely abstain out of protest against this latest of heresies. :teehee:

Greetings Brothers,

When I first heard of the ETL I was torn between supporting the Imperial Guard or the Black Templars. However, I remembered my duties and zeal prevailed, I will be supporting the Templars! :D

My aim for this event will be to get my Black Tide fully painted up, that is 60 infantry + Characters here are the first 35 Crusaders :) 

fX2Pk8L.jpg

Nice,

I once participated in an tournament with a 65 man black tide 1500 points (5th ed) and 1 dread.

I even managed to wil Orc speed freaks, won first prize overall and gotten third with painting.

One game I had more bodies on the board them my IG opponent :huh.:

Greetings Brothers,

When I first heard of the ETL I was torn between supporting the Imperial Guard or the Black Templars. However, I remembered my duties and zeal prevailed, I will be supporting the Templars! :biggrin.:

My aim for this event will be to get my Black Tide fully painted up, that is 60 infantry + Characters here are the first 35 Crusaders :smile.:

fX2Pk8L.jpg

Greetings Brothers,

When I first heard of the ETL I was torn between supporting the Imperial Guard or the Black Templars. However, I remembered my duties and zeal prevailed, I will be supporting the Templars! :biggrin.:

My aim for this event will be to get my Black Tide fully painted up, that is 60 infantry + Characters here are the first 35 Crusaders :smile.:

fX2Pk8L.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. He is doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion he is. -Rogal Dorn

Brothers ETL is upon us and we are beset by foul heretics and beasts. Is there no one else amongst us who will answer the call to arms and ready their brushes? Is the legacy of Dorn going to sit on the sidelines and watch when they should be in the thick of the battle!?

We’re half way to the end point for new vows to be made. If anyone has something that needs to be painted this is the time. Even a single model unit vowed prior to June 1st will get you in for any subsequent vows so don’t hesitate. ;)

Archived