ETL Prep Questions

I'll enter into this years ETL, but I need to get some stuff ready.

Hence a few questions:

1) Do I register for the Adeptus Astartes in general or one Chapter in particular?

2) If the latter is the case, do Successor Chapters count as well?

3) Do I need to take my first vow with the beginning of the ETL or can I join anytime?

4) If I finish a vow, do I have to take another one 'til the ETL is over or can I just do two or three and drop out mid-ETL with my vows completed?

5) If I finish a vow and want to take another one, do I have to take the next one right away or can I take my time?

6) Oh, and how do I document my progress? I'm usually one to prime, paint and assemble without taking a break to take pics. So will the picture series "Parts fresh off the sprue - primed - painted - assembled" for each vow do?

I'll enter into this years ETL, but I need to get some stuff ready.

Hence a few questions:

1) Do I register for the Adeptus Astartes in general or one Chapter in particular?

You will register for the forum based on which Codex you will be using for the ETL

2) If the latter is the case, do Successor Chapters count as well?

How you paint the models is your call, it's only the Codex that determines where your points go.

3) Do I need to take my first vow with the beginning of the ETL or can I join anytime?

Typically, you have the first month to join, so until May 31st to declare your first vow.

4) If I finish a vow, do I have to take another one 'til the ETL is over or can I just do two or three and drop out mid-ETL with my vows completed?

You can stop after your first vow if you'd like.

5) If I finish a vow and want to take another one, do I have to take the next one right away or can I take my time?

Once you have completed a vow you can make any subsequent vows (up to 5) at any stage, even the final 24hrs if you wish.

6) Oh, and how do I document my progress? I'm usually one to prime, paint and assemble without taking a break to take pics. So will the picture series "Parts fresh off the sprue - primed - painted - assembled" for each vow do?

When you vow, MUST post a picture of the unit, at any stage prior to layer colours. This can be in the box, on the sprue, or assembled bare plastic, or even all the way to a single base colour. Once your vow is complete, you need to include a pic of the unit finished, no in-between pics are required, although may will run an ETL thread documenting their progres.

Cheers,

Jono

Archived