What do you do with spare bits?

Wassa

Mainly lasguns...

What do you do with them?

Theres 2 with every Cadian Infantry Squad box and 2 with each Heavy Weapons team.

Does anyone make more heavy weapons teams than designed with the heavy weapons box?

With each team, you can make a missile launcher, a mortar, and technically a lascannon, heavy bolter, and autocannon although only one will have a shield. I guess you could just stick 2 normal men on a spare base, not sure if that works out cheaper or better value.

Keep the bits.

It's amazing, but one day you'll suddenly need them and be glad you kept them!

Mixing in standing legs or a command set of bodies gives you lots more variation for your HWTs, as well as making more from each set. For example, if you prop a HB on a piece of scenery on the base (like a ruined wall) then standing legs would work and you save the need for the tripod part. Another example is using standing legs for the missile launcher team.

For the lasguns, these can be converted in shotguns, hotshot lasguns, sniper rifles, Guard-pattern bolters, etc.

I save everything :)

I have a lot of spare weapons / equipment and having that facility has come in very handy with my various conversion projects.

I have most of them separated out into partitioned storage boxes so I know where they are.

You quoted the spare lasguns... I use those for my Squat conversions (converted from Rogue Trader plastic guard) :) .

It seems like a lot of spare bits, until you decide suddenly that you need an allied platoon of abhuman auxillary made from : insert cool kit: and all those spare lasguns are suddenly essential :)

Hoard everything....

I make up all the HW teams using standing bodies where possible and I have a source for extra gun shields and tripods (Anvil Industry).

I do a lot of eBay salvaging of models so you never know when a spare arm or head will be needed.

Objectives are a good use for spare equipment.

Hmm though on ebay you can get the tripod and the shield so may be worth doing that if you order enough to combine the shipping it works out quite cheap

Concerning Heavy weapon squad box, i save all the bits. If you can get/make more bases you can at least build 3 missile launchers in addition to whatever other weapon teams, as the weapon can be easily placed on standing guys. Other weapons like AC or LC can be used for making FW vehicle like Vendetta, AC Chimera and Leman Russ Annihilator. Mortars can be used for DIY Quad launcher. Other bits like handless lasguns, helmets, magnoculars can be used somewhere else in your army.

Concerning Heavy weapon squad box, i save all the bits. If you can get/make more bases you can at least build 3 missile launchers in addition to whatever other weapon teams, as the weapon can be easily placed on standing guys. Other weapons like AC or LC can be used for making FW vehicle like Vendetta, AC Chimera and Leman Russ Annihilator. Mortars can be used for DIY Quad launcher. Other bits like handless lasguns, helmets, magnoculars can be used somewhere else in your army.

This is exactly how I made one of my vendettas

Ditto, always try to save your bitz if you can. Never know what you might need down the road.

You can always condense by removing pieces from sparse leftover sprues, other things that have very specific part numbers for finer kits Ill keep on the sprue.

Always pays to attempt to keep your leftovers separated by faction so its not just a mass of plastic.

Ditto, always try to save your bitz if you can. Never know what you might need down the road.

You can always condense by removing pieces from sparse leftover sprues, other things that have very specific part numbers for finer kits Ill keep on the sprue.

Always pays to attempt to keep your leftovers separated by faction so its not just a mass of plastic.

Very important. It's a mistake I once made and I'm still finding guard bits in the marine box 9 years later

It also presents the illusion that your hobby addiction isnt out of control :laugh.:

Nothing worse than seeing a cool conversion and kicking yourself for throwing those bitz away.

If you do terrain projects bitz can be useful as debris as well - discarded weapons etc.

Archived