I'm pledging Ultramarines, are you?

Warsmith Annüss

I’m glad you are. I’m spinning in circles with projects. I just sold a painted Custodes army and am considering painting my replacement Primaris army as Ultra or Deathwatch. Haven’t decided yet!

I really want to participate but I'm a really slow painter. Really slow.  I built a priming booth in our basement so I could save some time priming blue and do the rest by brush. 

With the knights codex imminent I could easily be distracted by building new shiny knights. :-/

I really want to participate but I'm a really slow painter. Really slow. I built a priming booth in our basement so I could save some time priming blue and do the rest by brush.

With the knights codex imminent I could easily be distracted by building new shiny knights. :-/

Well if memory serves those silly kanigits outta be available for vowing to the chapter of your choice too ;)

It is of outmost importance that you complete your first vow. It is chronic problem with the Space Marines the relatively low completion rate. Let's face it, the ETL has become by now an 80% completion rate game. 60-65% won't get you far. And the trick here is high completion rate among FIRST vows... 

So vow responsibly. ;)

I plan on painting up atleast three Captains as I have only actually painted up one of the characters from the Masters of he Chapter kit. Also got some Sternguard, a few vehicles but likely to save vehicles for a later vow as putting those together is a pain for me. Also have Primaris from the new starter set, but contemplating if I want to make those Ultramarines or branch out into another chapter with those.

Hmmm. This will be my first ETL, actually that was the reason I signed up for an account on here. Do the rules bar miniatures that are already primed? I generally spray most of my models with Vallejo Ultramarine Primer to at least get blue on them before I paint. Either way, I've got a few boxes of stuff to pledge. 

I have a Demi-Company in MkIII, two 10-Man Bike Squads, Several Speeders, 30 various TDAs, 20 Vanguard, a Contemptor, multiple Raiders and Predators, 5 Drop Pods, and a selection of accompanying characters. And that's just what is built and ready to go. I imagine I'll spray what hasn't been today, and then decide how much to sink my teeth into for a first vow...

Archived