Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2200 tournament list

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

teufelhundenrogers

teufelhundenrogers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts

So I am new to eldar and am playing in a tournament in a couple months and wanted to try out a few things.  So my idea is to have the reapers sit in the back behind everything with cat lady and explode anything that might be a threat.  I want to load 2 dire avenger squads in the wave serpent and have them secure objectives with a gunline of guardians supporting everything.  Let me know thoughts, comments and suggestions please.

battalion - Ulthwe

HQ
Eldrad Ulthran - 150
Farseer - 100

Troops

Guardians (missile platform and star cannon) x20 - 205
Guardians (missile platform) x 15  - 150
Guardians (star cannon) x 15 - 140

batallion - Ulthwe

HQ
Autarch w/ swooping hawk wings - 98
warlock -55

troops

Dire Avengers x9 w/ DA exarch (shimmershield/powerglave) - 140

Dedicated Transport

Wave Serpent w/ twin bright lance/shuriken cannon/crystal targeting matrix/spirit stones -172
Wave Serpent w/ twin bright lance/shuriken cannon/crystal targeting matrix/spirit stones -172

Spearhead - Ynnari

Cat Lady - 132

Heavy Support
Dark reapers x3 w/exarch -136

Total- 2199

Edited by teufelhundenrogers, 25 April 2018 - 04:05 AM.

Spiritual Liege

Spiritual Liege

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 427 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, IV, Vile Xenos
Very low on killing power. You are going to run into trouble with any high toughness list.

If going Ynnari maybe get one big unit of Reapers instead so you can get more out of Soulburst?

Marshal Wolfhart

Marshal Wolfhart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 472 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

The following advice is considering efficiency above all else, if you are invested in models or fluffy reasons for suboptimal picks, the more power to you and feel free to ignore ;)

Make the guardians two squads of 20 and deepstrike those via stratagem, take shuricannon platforms as ablative wounds and drop the third unit for Rangers to screen the reapers. Guardians are too expensive to sit around doing nothing for one heavy weapon.

Split the DA in squads of 5 with no upgrades or 2x catapults (5+ invuln is not worth the cost in my experience, and i love that model too :P) and make the serpents all shuricannon with vectored engines. Remember multiple units can embark in the same transport.

With Eldrad casting 3 powers (doom, guide, executioner i assume) the farseer would mostly be for smite which you get from spiritseers for cheaper plus access to more runes of battle.

With the points saved you can invest in more Reapers or an added squad of shining spears which are strong with Ynnari and kinda sturdy with protect. Also Hemlocks are amazing, as are Crimson Hunters if you feel weak on the anti large things.

What i'd imagine for a tough 2200 list:

Ulthwe battalion:

HQ:

Eldrad

Spiritseer

Troops:

Guardians (20) 2x Shuriken Cannon

Guardians (20) 2x Shuriken Cannon

Dire Avengers (5)

Ulthwe battalion:

Autarch with Swooping Hawk Wings

Spiritseer

Troops:

Dire Avengers (5)

Dire Avengers (5)

Dire Avengers (5)

Ynnari Spearhead:

Hq:

Yvraine

FA:

Shining Spears (7)

HS:

Dark Reapers (10) Tempest Launcher

Dark Reapers (3) Tempest Launcher

Dark Reapers (3) Tempest Launcher

Protect the Reapers out of LOS or in the serpents turn 1, shoot something off the board with word of the phoenix. Shining Spears might get quicken for a turn one charge, otherwise protect for 2+/3++, Guardians deepstrike turn 2 to kill hordes or as speedbump. Protect the 10 man Reaper squads (ideally out of LOS with fire and fade).

Now i go wash myself reeeeeeaaaaaal hard :P

No pity.

No remorse.

No fear.

gallery_72918_14801_46020.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users