Where do you store your models?

Wassa

Mine are on a shelf :biggrin.: I don't have anywhere to store my models, keep meaning to get a big ol' Crusade case to stash them but can never find the spare money. Models in progress or in the queue are on my desk... constantly judging me and impatiently waiting to be finished so they can move to the shelf :wink: 

I keep my Painted Infantrie Models in the GW cases(one Big one for the normal Guardsman and one middle one for Sions)

The Vehicals are parked in cardboard boxes

i also have a box of shame where all the unpainted unprimed Infantry model just lay as one big pile in it:sweat:

Most of mine are in plastic boxes with metal bottoms. Some are in plastic boxes with metallicised rubber bottoms (which was way easier than the sheet steel I'd used up until then). A few are in a Quality Street tin. 

Always magnetise your bases. Always. 

I just bought a transport bag from feldherr that will house 4 of their cardboard boxes that contain foam trays of different sizes. Will hopefully be enough to fit atleast a 2k army with tanks and infantry. Then those boxes will be very easy to store on shelves when they don't need to be transported and bag will fold up and easy to store as well.

Yes I recently got the crusade case (the woes of guard), was wondering whether to store them in there or whether people use it just for transporting.

It depends on if there any games/events planned at the house. Normally the army is on display in my living room in a bunch of Ikea kallax shelves with each cubby being more or less themed (dreadnoughts, jump packs, HQs, etc.) If I get the time and the chance I’ll set up the gaming tables; I am still trying to find the most aesthetically pleasing way to lay everything out though.

Yes I recently got the crusade case (the woes of guard), was wondering whether to store them in there or whether people use it just for transporting.

Just to compare notes, I had bought my Crusade Case to transport my 30k army.  It turned out it was a bit bulky for my meta, so now I do use it as storage instead.

I use the smaller case instead for transport now, the one that's half the size of the Crusade Case.  I call it my "Lunchbox" due to its smaller size.

I have a few methods/places I keep mine.

1. hard shell cases - Namely the old GW cases though the cases are specific to each army.

2. Box tops and plastic bags - Mostly large vehicles, my SWA gangs and orks, I'm working on getting proper storage for them.

3. Plastic craft storage with foam - Basically some cheap clear flip top boxes with foam hot glued to the top and bottom, currently the primary home of my small primaris/space marine army and my Tau infantry force.

4. Army Transport Cases - For my two warhounds and my larger space wolf force or at least which ever one I'm playing. I have a platoon case for the titans, a motorpool for regular games and the large suitcase sized army transport for when I need the company and motorpool in one place. I'm going to be getting more foam trays for the motorpool case that I can just swap out with what ever army I want.

5. Steel Ammo crates - Specifically 12 gauge shotgun shells. I have two that hold a platoon and command group of guard each in custom fitted foam trays.

I’ve been making a conscious effort to store completed (or game ready) models in foam, in a variety of styles of case, to make it easier for gaming purposes. Having them in specific trays is very handy for this, and flexible for repacking!

That said, it is most certainly an ideal - I’m not there yet!

I have "barrister bookcases." Those are the ones with the glass doors for each shelf. It keeps my cats from inflicting mortal wounds on my collection.

This is my preferred medium term storage solution. Longer term storage tends to be lain in state in silk lined foam in sealed boxes. Short term storage is in slotted foam that neatly slots into bankers boxes to facilitate transport to and from play venues.

A combination of KR cardboard cases with foam and the older GW carry cases for infantry

Vehicles and odd shaped things tend to be in a variety of boxes

I've always intended to buy a display IKEA cabinet but haven't got round to it so none of my armies are out for viewing

Combination of citadel carry case, metal storage box, shoe box and cardboard box...in the car as i never know when I'll get a chamce to play.

I have the upper four squares of two Besta units with glass shelves in them and I wired LED lighting in to display models. I usually don't have unpainted models displayed, but I've got some of them up right now because the squads that painted minis belong to aren't done.

Archived