Where to go from here

TheAlchemist

Hello, I started an Emperor's Children army a while back and lost my original list by the time I came back to it. I need your help on where to go from what I have so far.

Lord with lightning claws and jump pack

Sorcerer with jump pack

3x 5 man units of noise Marines

5 man choppy noise Marines squad

10x possessed

10x Warptalons

40x cultists

The recommendations given are goodies! I’d like to give my two cents and say tanks.

Rhinos to transport some troops and give them extra protection. Predators can also bring some big guns to the fight. Just depends on how you want to run your army. FW has rules for some sweet tanks and other units as well if you can get a look in that book.

I would recommend the units I have in my EC army. Lucius and Possessed running together is some major CC damage. I have them in a LR and Rhinos to truck around the NM. DP is also fun to run with them. I have a list on the chaos army list board if you want to take a look for what I run for 2k points.

Also, now that all Chosen can take power weapons thanks to the new FAQ, getting some Palatine Blades from FW and rocking them in a landraider or termite would be pretty sweet too.

That's my next step.

I would recommend the units I have in my EC army. Lucius and Possessed running together is some major CC damage. I have them in a LR and Rhinos to truck around the NM. DP is also fun to run with them. I have a list on the chaos army list board if you want to take a look for what I run for 2k points.

I see you run DP in your list.

Are jump pack Lords and sorcerer not good?

I was thinking of basing my army around the Warptalons, though after the FAQ I'm not sure.

I see you run DP in your list.

Are jump pack Lords and sorcerer not good?

I was thinking of basing my army around the Warptalons, though after the FAQ I'm not sure.

A DP with wings hits like a truck. Putting him near Lucius, who is very underrated as a HQ choice for EC, is just fun as hell. Both of them can shred through other HQ or anything in front of them.

There's nothing wrong with sorcs or jump pack lords. Warp talons took a hit after the FAQ but you can still drop them in selectively during the game so they have some of the same tie up a unit in CC value as well.

I've found my list I posted to be fairly balanced to give you options against vehicles, hordes, gunlines or assault lists. It is also very fluffy and true to the character of the EC if that means anything.

Archived