Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 pt Puking DP's

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Battalion Detachment
DP w/wings, sword, spewer, Suppurating Plate, Arch-contaminator.
Plague Caster
7 PM w/4 axes, 2 flail, sword, plasma p.
10 PM w/2 launchers, sword, plasma g.
20 Poxwalkers
Chaos Rhino w/2 combo-bolters

Vanguard Detachment
Chaos Lord w/balesword, plasma p.
Blightspawn
Putrifier
5 Blightlords w/3 combo-bolters, 3 axes, launcher, flail, balesword

Outrider Detachment
DP w/wings, sword, spewer
Bloat-drone w/2x spitter
Bloat-drone w/2x spitter
Bloat-drone w/fleshmower

It comes to 2,000 with 10 CP.
I went with 1 fleshmower thinking I am going to lose 1 drone by the time I get across the board. So get the cheap, but scary looking 1 up front and hope that's the 1 they target.
I was also thinking of dropping the Blightlords and the fleshmower for 3 haulers, they could be in range by the time I could bring down the others anyway.
  • Prot likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,028 posts
First, I love the name of the list. Very cool!

I personally do not like pure CC Blightlords. They can be effective and I’m a big fan of the Flail but they are too easy to avoid by some armies in particular.

My concern for matchups with that list would be heavy vehicles, super heavies and Nid monster mash. But it does look like a very fun thematic list to try

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
That's why I think the 3 haulers would be better. I know many here haven't had the same experiences I have had with them, but they have always done well for me. I would lose a CP, but 9 is still better then what I have had.

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
So I updated the list to look like this...

Battalion Detachment
DP w/wings, sword, spewer, Suppurating Plate, Arch-contaminator.
Chaos Lord w/plasma p. & balesword
Plague Caster
7 PM w/2 launchers, sword, plasma g.
20 Poxwalkers
Chaos Rhino w/combo-bolter
Foul Blightspawn
Biologus Putrifier

Outrider Detachment
DP w/wings, sword, spewer
Bloat-drone w/2x spitter
Bloat-drone w/2x spitter
3 Myphtic Blight-hauler

It comes to 2,000 with 9 CP

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
I played this list against Eldar/D.Eldar army today. He had a Fire Prism, 2 wave serpents w/10 dire avengers in each, 6 reapers, a ravager, 2 raiders with an assortment of troops and characters on them, a guardian squad with weapons platform, 2 casters, and a squad of scourges.

Deployment was along the short edges, 24" apart, with plenty of terrain. We had 4 objectives, 1 in each quadrant of the board. He got to place first, we had the same number of drops, and he won the roll, I failed to seize.

On my left he moved a wave serpent up next to obj 1, positioned his fire prism across from my 2 DP and drones. The guardians and farseer held middle while the ravager and raiders moved forward, with the reapers on top floor of building. To my right he positioned his other serpent. He cast guide(?) on his fire prism, which he targeted a drone with and he was able to only hit me with 1 shot, but unable to wound. He shot his reapers at my haulers and was able to get 2 wounds through my disgusting and resilient armor. The ravager was able to get 4 wounds on them. He also picked off 4 Poxwalkers with other shooting.
On my turn I advanced my drones towards his serpent and just moved my DP's along with them. In my center I moved my haulers and rhino up, followed by my plague caster. On the right I advanced my walkers up to an obj followed by a PM squad with CoF on them (which I kept on them the whole game). Cast smite on the left serpent for 2 and made the haulers -1 to hit. I then began the barf fest 2018, it took both drones and both DP shooting at the serpent with needing 5's to wound, but with rerolls it was too much for him and it was gone. He lost 1 avenger when it blew up. In the center I popped smoke on my rhino and unloaded all 3 haulers into his ravager, it was gone. On the right I had just my blight launchers in range of his other serpent and managed a wound. I was able to make both charges with my DP's into the avengers and left 1 standing, but he apparently had seen enough and quickly ran away.
End of round 1: DG - 4/Pointy Eared Gitz - 1.

Second round he moved his guardians/farseer closer to the obj his avengers wanted, got his other serpent to an obj, and moved his raiders up the middle towards another obj. He landed his scourges behind near my warlord DP. He was able to wound 1 DP with smite and I denied his other attempts. His prism got the wounded drone down to 2 wounds, the raiders killed 2 haulers, and the reapers took out the wounded DP. The scourges failed to wound my Warlord.
I moved my drones towards his reapers and guardians, my warlord went after the scourges, disembarked my rhino and then moved it to the last obj., Poxwalkers advanced towards the serpent sitting on an obj., while my PM squad camped their obj. I made the Poxwalkers -1 to hit and bladed my CC squad, he denied my smite attempt. The drones shot at the reapers killing 5, the CC PM plague bombed a raider killing it and then 2 passengers, my Hauler shot and wounded the other raider for 2, my other PM squad shot at the serpent for 1 more wound, and my DP took out 2 scourges with his spewer. My wounded drone charged the guardians while the other charged the reaper, the DP charged the scourges, and CC squad charged the D.Eldar that were now raiderless (I lost 1 to overwatch). The DP took out the scourges, the drone killed his reaper, the other drone failed to even hit, but killed 1 when it blew up, and the CC unit took out a unit of DEldar (I thought it was 1 large unit, but it was 2 small ones) and followed up into the 2nd unit.
End of round 2: Death Guard - 10/Pointy Eared Gitz - 5.

Third round he disembarked avengers on an obj and his other raider near my CC squad and fell back with his other squad, moved his serpent between my Caster and camping PM's and the raider headed towards the obj my rhino was holding. He was able to smite some Poxwalkers but failed to get anything else off. His prism had no target due to terrain, his D.Eldar took my CC squad out and he shot some more Poxwalkers. He shot at my Caster with his serpent and managed a wound. He didn't charge my Poxwalkers with his avengers because they were holding an obj., so no CC this round.
I played the Dead Walk Again, moved them within an inch of his avengers, moved my drone behind his guardians and my DP near his farseer, my lord, Putrifier, and Blightspawn moved towards the D.Eldar in the middle of the board and took my campers off their obj to get them in rapid fire range of the avengers. He denied my smite against his farseer but my caster got his off against the serpent for 2, and the Poxwalkers were -1 to hit. I puked on his farseer for 2, spit on his guardian killing 5, shot my PM's at his avengers gaining 6 Poxwalkers, Blightspawn/lord took out 5 D.Eldar, my hauler destroyed the last raider. I charged with the DP, drone, Poxwalkers, and Putrifier /lord/Hauler. The Poxwalkers finished off the avengers, DP took out the farseer, drone got all but 1 guardian who ran away later. The hauler shrugged off his overwatch allowing my lord and Putrifier to make it in unscathed and they took out the last of the D.Elder.
End of round 3: He conceded with just his prism, 2 damaged serpents, and a warlock left. While I had lost a DP, a drone, 2 haulers, and my 7 cc PM's.

The puking princes (and drones) did what I thought they could. It was hard for me to camp my PM's on that obj, but they were scoring me points and with CoF they never got shot at. I was unsure how not having any reserve points for Poxwalkers would be, but I never got close to going over 20 Poxwalkers (maybe because I knew I couldn't). I used them as a morale free screen and it worked great. The haulers were how they normally are for me, take out a big target and then get targeted back, usually leaving me with only 1 by the end of the game. My CC unit did ok, they did take out a raider and a squad before getting taken out. Overall a good showing.

Edited by McElMcNinja, 06 May 2018 - 02:57 AM.

• Prot, Bulwyf and Checkmate77 like this

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
After recent discussions on these boards (thank you boards), I made a few more adjustments. Now at 1 point I was thinking of dumping the spewer for another PM, but after my 2 games today I will be keeping it.

Battalion Detachment
DP w/wings, sword, spewer, Suppurating Plate
Chaos Lord w/plasma p. & balesword
Sorcerer w/Mark of Nurgle, Death Guard legion, Force axe, plasma p., jump pack (index/warptime & infernal gaze)
8 PM w/2 launchers, sword, plasma g.
20 Poxwalkers
Chaos Rhino w/2x combo-bolter
3 Deathshroud Terminators w/4x gauntlets

Vanguard Detachment
DP of Chaos w/MoN, wings, sword (index/fleshy abundance)
Foul Blightspawn
Biologus Blightspawn
Noxious Blightbringer

Super-heavy Support Detachment
Morty

It comes to 2,000 with 9 CP.

First game Eldar w/DEldar, He finished deploying first so I deployed my Deathshroud next to Morty. He won the roll but I was able to seize. I got warptime off on Morty and charged a unit of guardians. The were gone after CC. During opponents turn Morty got shot by a lot and took 6 wounds. Next turn fleshy healed Morty for 3, warp timed again, cast Blades and then Smite at Fire Prism, shot Latern hitting a Wave Serpent and the Fire Prism, then multi charged both. After some more MWs from Host of Plagues, I took out both in CC. I don't remember much of what everything else did, but he called the game after his shooting phase in turn 2 as I would be in charge range of his last 2 tanks.
Game 2 was against DEldar w/Eldar (different player), he used some stratagems that allowed him to have 3 relics and 3 warlord traits. I finished deploying first so I left the Deathshroud in reserves. I won the roll and he failed to seize. My PM's grabbed an obj and sat on it the whole game, he tried to take them out with a bike squad. I lost 1 and he lost all 3. My Poxwalkers sat on 2 objs till he whittled them down over 3 turns to nothing. Morty got warped and turn 1 took out 2 wraithlords, turn 2 he took out a fire prism and a farseer, turn 3 a ravager, turn 4 a squad of 10 DE troops. The Deathshroud had landed turn 2, were able to charge a raider full of witches and a succubus riding on a bike. They destroyed the raider, bike, and all the wyches over 2 turns, but I lost them to the succubus.
Now while not my proudest moment, this happened and I found it rather comical. My DP was down to 2 wounds when he cast fleshy on Morty. I rolled Boxcars with no CP left. I rolled a 6, healing Morty for 3, then I proceeded to do 3 mortal wounds to my DP killing him. But better then that, the explosion caused 3 mortal wounds to Morty and failed all 3 DR, leaving me right where I was before except now I'm down 1 DP. He did heal Morty 3 of the 4 turns we played, which kept him from having any degraded stats during 2 combat phases. After 4 turns all he had left was a unit of 2 1/2 bikes and I was already up 9 victory points so he called it.

I know they were not tournament armies or players, but they agreed to use the new beta rules (except the second player had 4 detachments). Morty got shot at like I had expected, I mean I even had the kitchen sink (singing spear) thrown at him. He took it like a champ and the heals worked great (well all but that last 1). Warptime (which I had never used before) was the game changer in my army.
I know I don't have any heavy shooters, so I was banking on Morty to do what he did. My troops held objs, my rhino I used as a shield for my characters after dropping off the kids. The DP took out a unit of scourges with his spewer and got a couple smites off. I think in all, my army dealt well over 30 mortal wounds in the second game. I used Nurgle's Rot (another first for me) damaging 5 units.
  • Checkmate77 likes this

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
Some side notes.
First game I used only 3 CPs during those first 2 turns, second game I used all 9 by the end of turn 3. It cost me a DP late in the game, but they had done far more damage then he would have by that point.
The Noxious Blightbringer was very effective, everything moved very fast when using his bonus.
I made sure to keep my warptime and fleshy casters outside of denial range.
I took a gamble when Morty was attacking tanks, I did the 18 -2AP/1D hits vs 6 -4AP/d6D and I think it paid off. With Blades and Arch-contaminator I would have wounded with either on 2+ w/rerolls and I was. He needs 5+ to save, which he did some, but the 14 that got through plus the 5 or 6 mortal wounds from Blades. I took out 2 tanks at once in 3 different turns. I had softened them up with the lantern, host of plagues, and/or smite prior to combat and even the claws and teeth helped out once in a while.
I also kept Morty at +1S/T which helped against many S8 attacks.
Poison sucks.
I don't mind the new Poxwalker rule, I start with 20 now as opposed to 10 before. I just use them as a Morale free obj holder/screen, which they do that very well and I'm not spending CP on them anymore.
I fight a tournament Necron army tomorrow and I hear they are a force to feared.

J0gH95F.jpg

Edited by McElMcNinja, 13 May 2018 - 05:32 AM.

• Prot, Checkmate77 and Clincher37 like this

Clincher37

Clincher37

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts

Glad to see this list working for you. I love the Rhino with the CC PMs and characters, I've seen that in a lot of your lists and I really want to try it out sometime. 

It's funny to me how successful you've been with Mortarion where Prot has been struggling with him as of late. I think it's a combination of local meta and you're getting your psyhic powers off. How often are you actually intercepting wounds with your Deathshroud?

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,028 posts

I also kept Morty at +1S/T which helped against many S8 attacks.

Just curious how you're doing this...?

Putrescent Vitality works on infantry only.

It's funny to me how successful you've been with Mortarion where Prot has been struggling with him as of late. I think it's a combination of local meta and you're getting your psyhic powers off. How often are you actually intercepting wounds with your Deathshroud?

Pre ITC I had okay results with him. But since my testing is all done with the hardest ITC lists I can find... it's very different. I've only had one game where I got to use him T2. So who knows? But I do think under 2K he might be too much of a handicap to the rest of the list.

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
Well crap, apparently I have unknowingly been playing that spell wrong... but in my defense I always show my spell cards to my opponents and they have never said anything either. And I'm not saying I've always used it wrong, but I know I did this past weekend.
The Deathshroud have intercepted many hits for Morty, except now that I Warptime he hasn't had them around. I have thought about dropping them, but I know I will need them at the tournament (Midwest Conquest).
The CC unit works well for me, they grab a lot of fire once they plague bomb then charge. Really opens up option on the board for me.

Edited by McElMcNinja, 14 May 2018 - 11:41 PM.

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
So I got to run my list today against Chaos Space Marines (World Eaters/Khorne).
Chaos Lord
Khârn
2 9x berserkers
5 Havocs w/4 las cannon
11 Marines
2 5x raptors
6 Terminators 5x melta-combi & 1 assault cannon
Forgefiend 2 hades & extoplasma
2 rhinos

He won the role and I failed to seize.

Turn 1
He moved his 2 berserker filled rhinos and his marines marched forward. I had deployed my Deathshroud next to Morty and they intercepted 3 for 3 from the lascannons, but I was able to not suffer a wound. He also shot some Poxwalkers, but they didn't care.
I moved everything forward except my Marines who camped an obj. Warptimed the Deathshroud forward, Bladed Morty, then mortal wounded a rhino out of existence (killing 2 berserkers when it was destroyed). Charged Morty and a DP into its passengers, taking them all out but his Lord (who managed to avoid the charge, but piled in my DP into him). Charged his other rhino with mine.

Turn 2
He dropped his Terminators near Morty, his Raptors near my Marines on their obj. Disembarked his second unit of berserkers and Khârn near an obj and my other DP/Poxwalkers. Moved his marines forward while leaving his heavies alone. He got 4 wounds off on Morty, took out the rest of Poxwalkers, and 1 PM. He attempted to charge Morty and failed, he also failed to charge my PM's (because I took off the closest one to him). He did make his charge against my DP with Khârn and his boys. Khârn attacked first with something like 12 attacks, lots of wounds but my Plate caused 3 mortal wounds on him and I took 3, plus he killed 1 of his own). I interrupted and swung at the berserkers, taking out 4. He swung with them and got a wound on me, while the Plate killed off 3 of his, he later failed morale by 1, losing another. My other DP and his lord took 3 wounds off each other.
I unloaded my Rhino, moved Morty and my Sorcerer towards his Terminators, moved my 2 DP's out of combat, moved everything else but my PM's holding an obj. Healed my DP for 3, warptimed the Deathshroud up, Bladed Morty and smited the other rhino away. The PM's killed off a unit of raptors, the DP with Spewer finished off the last berserker, Morty grenaded 1.5 Terminators, plague bombed his marines dead, Blightspawn sprayed Khârn getting 12 damage (4 S10 hits). I charged his Lord with my CC squad, then Morty and Sorcerer into his Terminators. Morty did 17 wounds plus 9 mortal wounds to the Terminators. His Lord died without a fuss and we called it.

He had his forgefiend, 5 havocs and 5 raptors left when all was said and done, I had lost 20 Poxwalkers and a PM. Had I used CoF on my Poxwalkers, he wouldn't have been able to shoot them due to my Rhino in the middle of the board, but I overlooked that and I had 6 CP left.

Edited by McElMcNinja, 19 May 2018 - 09:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users