Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Webway gate terrain & Harlequin codices - May

harlequins white dwarf WD terrain

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,388 posts
https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-2/

Absolutely colossal webway gate terrain coming in May, accompanying the Harlequin codex. Deathwatch codex to come too. I think this should also clarify one of the old WHC rumour engine images.

WDMayPreview-Apr26-WWGate4d.jpg

WDMayPreview-Apr26-Codexes5g.jpg

Edited by Brother Casman, 03 May 2018 - 11:37 AM.
Edited tags

• Prot, Honda, Centurion Jay and 2 others like this

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 432 posts

That webway gate is insanely cool and I don't even play Eldar.

I know we already saw the DW Codex cover but I am relieved that the cover art has stayed the same - reassures me that it won't be as Primaris heavy as rumoured (maybe).

• bloodhound23 and Guiltysparc like this

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,226 posts
Bleh, fithy xenos witchcraft. I have no need of it!

Lovely model though. I can see someone painting it up to look like marble or bone.
  • Prot and Plaguecaster like this

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,479 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

Venator Gangs too! The fabled Bounty Hunter Gang! wub.gif Bring on the new Deathwatch Codex, hope it's decent.

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

dicebod

dicebod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 93 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, VII Legion

Now THAT is some really awesome terrain!  And it's enormous!

++SUFFER NOT THE ALIEN TO LIVE.++

++UNLESS SHE'S CUTE++

https://www.instagram.com/dicebod

gallery_45765_12908_58195.png  ETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpg

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 568 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

That webway gate is getting painted chrome silver and red and being turned into a Dolmen gate...absolutely lovely model, I must say. Wonder if there'll be rules for it, and if Necrons can use it with minor rules modifications.

Otherwise it'll just be amazing terrain.

• mithrilforge and Tyriks like this

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts

ETL_Medal_01.gifETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_03_.jpggallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshop

Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 1/7/1 wh40k 0/0/0 Kill Team

Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 1/0/0 Kill Team

Tyriks

Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,412 posts
I'm not sure how I feel about the portal. It's impressive, for sure, but it doesn't look very useful as actual terrain unless it has special rules, which I kind of hope it doesn't.
  • SickSix and _Saracen like this

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 681 posts

I'm not sure how I feel about the portal. It's impressive, for sure, but it doesn't look very useful as actual terrain unless it has special rules, which I kind of hope it doesn't.

It’s Aeldari so it confers -4 to hit on any friendly models on the table ;)

Seriously though, I’m kind of surprised there’s nothing on the new knights for May. I thought they’d be due soon. Warhammer fest is in May and it doesn’t look like they’ve got any juicy 40k stuff lined up. I hope I’m wrong
  • Tyriks likes this

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 699 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

Well there releasing a whole new Kit for Knights so want to save it.

Krash

Ad Victoriam

Azaiel

Azaiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 123 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch

Looking forward to the DW codex. It will be interesting to see if GW has made any significant changes besides adding more primaris. (By the allmighty Emperor I hope so!)

Oh, and cool terrain thingie. A couple of meltabombs should sort that out. whistling.gif

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,436 posts

It’s Aeldari so it confers -4 to hit on any friendly models on the table msn-wink.gif

Seriously though, I’m kind of surprised there’s nothing on the new knights for May. I thought they’d be due soon. Warhammer fest is in May and it doesn’t look like they’ve got any juicy 40k stuff lined up. I hope I’m wrong

doesn't it also have rules for gating in eldar troops and it has 14 hp?

• MARK0SIAN likes this

banana

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,223 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

I guess this confirms Imperial Knights for last week of May or June, at least I can focus on marines and not feel like Im going to miss the IK release. I assume that they put IK on June so Forgebane has more time to sell on its own without competing with the Armiger models.

Warhammer fest could be interesting, theres Orks/GSC/Space Wolves due for a release so they might show something for them or show the rest of the Imperial Knight release.

• Triszin likes this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,436 posts

I guess this confirms Imperial Knights for last week of May or June, at least I can focus on marines and not feel like Im going to miss the IK release. I assume that they put IK on June so Forgebane has more time to sell on its own without competing with the Armiger models.

Warhammer fest could be interesting, theres Orks/GSC/Space Wolves due for a release so they might show something for them or show the rest of the Imperial Knight release.

I'd be surprised if we see wolves there. WItht eh wolf codex being delayed so much, it makes me feel that russ is the next loyal primarch

banana

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,895 posts
Welp, guess knights are JUNE then... Hopefully before the doubles tournament!

Also, hoping those venator gangs allow the stats to suit a Squat gang ;)

Edited by Charlo, 27 April 2018 - 04:11 PM.

LordValrak

LordValrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,275 posts

Knights in June then, I wonder if it will just be Knights in June? Anyway, that Gate looks fantastic, well pleased with all the models GW has done recently.

• Ishagu likes this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Executioners Chapter  happy.png

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 681 posts

Krash

That’s kind of what I mean though, Warhammer Fest would’ve been a great opportunity to preview the models before it went on sale. Especially as we’ve now had a few weeks without any significant 40k stuff, would’ve been good to come back strong with a big release like Knights.

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,741 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
That fortification is very nice! I want the heads for my wraithknight. Wonder how it works as a model though? It has no base, so im guessing it has to be a certain amount of inches from each other? Will also be relatively difficult to get any meaningful cover save from it.

Aarik

Aarik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts

Maybe the gate would be LOS blocking?  That's the way I would play it.  You couldn't see models behind it since it's a gate into the webway.

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 681 posts
If it can block line of sight for a model that large it would need to cost a fortune! I think it’s more likely a reinforcement gate similar to the necron monolith where any units can be set up in the Webway then deploy using it.

Corswain

Corswain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,765 posts
  • Faction: Ist, IVth and VIIIth Legions
Love the Gateway, really nice kit. Will definitely need to bash up a broken webgate with some Eldritch ruins and some of the vines and braken - build a nice little Exodite piece.
  • mithrilforge and Interrogator Stobz like this

PJ1933

PJ1933

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 867 posts

Krash

Not just one new kit for Knights there will be more than one...

• RedFox likes this

Melete

Melete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 176 posts
  • Faction: Tau, Space Wolves

That webway gate is getting painted chrome silver and red and being turned into a Dolmen gate...absolutely lovely model, I must say. Wonder if there'll be rules for it, and if Necrons can use it with minor rules modifications.

Otherwise it'll just be amazing terrain.

So, there were some rumors about Harlequins getting a webway gate with rules. Via Dakka:

There will be a Portal Fortification, 120Pts Not under 14HP 3+ 5++ T8, that you will set everywhere on the table but more than 12inch of enemy and more than 6 inch of objective, that will give the possibility to ds units from it, with a strat similar to necron if he is destroyed you can set them. After the portal is destroyed unit are not forced to be more than 9’’ to the enemy. Strongly implied that this unit will be available to aeldari.

ETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Xenos.jp

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 681 posts
That sounds so broken for 120 points!

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,997 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Love the Gate!
Always good to see Xenos ruins potential.

Nice to have confirmation of dexes.

‘Really’ stoked to have Munda rules in yet another book; cummon GeeDub, consolidate the rules!

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_4664_5295_5937.gifETL_VI_Badge_Titanicus.jpgPtR_Black_Pearl_Badge____Shield.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Artisan.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gif

Stobz'z DAngles

utilityzero

utilityzero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,039 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Pain

That sounds so broken for 120 points!

So for slightly more than a drop pod I get a drop pod that deep strikes multiple units and lets them start in assault range.

Yes, that does sound broken.
  • shandwen and MARK0SIAN like this
1% of people know that answer to, "What's the F.T.W. stand for?" You're not one of them.
8% of teenagers dont listen to rap and 2% havnt tried pot OR drinking... and an even smaller percentage of people actually feel the need to bolster their own self-esteem by putting a spin on being rhythmicly challenged and having no social life.
100% of your base are belong to us.
50% of marines apparently get lost in the warp. If only the guy who came up with that plot had gotten lost in the warp first.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: harlequins, white dwarf, WD, terrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users