Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Webway gate terrain & Harlequin codices - May

harlequins white dwarf WD terrain

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,227 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

I heard someone say DW will be the Primaris Codex. But what does that mean? Don’t we already have Primaris in the SM Codex?

Means Primaris will be in the Deathwatch book, which should come as a surprise to absolutely no-one, an account of the fact we've been able to take Primaris units in DW since last August.

No, it means that the DW Codex will have stuff that works really well with Primaris units. The anti-xenos sniping Stratagem in combination with Hellblaster for example.

• walter h likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pngETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg

Withershadow

Withershadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,847 posts

I heard someone say DW will be the Primaris Codex. But what does that mean? Don’t we already have Primaris in the SM Codex?

I understood that to mean it will be a Codex that really utilizes Primaris well, since they are a bit of an odd duck right now except for a couple of units.

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 362 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
Total guesswork but it occurs to me that we might see Deathwatch getting some bonus to command points - I think the use of lots of stratgems would really represent their adaptability, planned strikes, and rare tech. Could be their faction trait really.

Looking forward to Primaris teams just for the kit they all bring; Reiver's shock grenades and fear factor coupled with flamestorm overwatch and power punches. And maybe they can all share a zip-line. Mix them with some Intercessors with a few power swords and maybe a fancy grenade launcher and you get a team that makes more sense than throwing jumppacks and bikes in with vets.
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

Corswain

Corswain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,738 posts
  • Faction: Ist, IVth and VIIIth Legions

New White Dwarf suggests nothing new model wise for Deathwatch Primaris - No upgrade kits or Lieutenant model in the advert. Artemis is available to buy in clam pack form and the Harlequin webway portal is advertised on the previous page. Kinda disappointing...

Price on the Webway?

Didn’t really expect anything new for Deathwatch, they would have hyped it more if there had been.

Edit: by new I mean new models, not new units to the codex.

Edited by Corswain, 30 April 2018 - 01:44 PM.

CommodusXIII

CommodusXIII

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,731 posts
  • Faction: ΦΙΡΜΑΜΕΝΤΥΜ

Price on the Webway?

Aus $70, US $40

• mithrilforge, Battybattybats and Corswain like this

Personally, I think they are coming. Like a massive electrified thousand ton ball of barbed wire with hundreds of trapped and frustrated gamers embedded in it, rolling down a hill. "That, Bilbo Baggins, is the sound of inevitability."

xgD8FLE.png1cuUYGd.pngaewF76X.pngOMdByNw.pngyxM5U2C.pngDfj1FgF.pngcrSIVmA.jpg

Corswain

Corswain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,738 posts
  • Faction: Ist, IVth and VIIIth Legions

Price on the Webway?

Aus $70, US $40

Thanks! And better than I expected.

CommodusXIII

CommodusXIII

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,731 posts
  • Faction: ΦΙΡΜΑΜΕΝΤΥΜ

Regarding the Webway Gate shown on the first page, do those helmets look to be about the right size to fit a Wraithknight?  Even with one standing right next to it, I can't quite tell.

• Battybattybats likes this

Personally, I think they are coming. Like a massive electrified thousand ton ball of barbed wire with hundreds of trapped and frustrated gamers embedded in it, rolling down a hill. "That, Bilbo Baggins, is the sound of inevitability."

xgD8FLE.png1cuUYGd.pngaewF76X.pngOMdByNw.pngyxM5U2C.pngDfj1FgF.pngcrSIVmA.jpg

TURBULENCE

TURBULENCE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 542 posts

Regarding the Webway Gate shown on the first page, do those helmets look to be about the right size to fit a Wraithknight? Even with one standing right next to it, I can't quite tell.

Look a little small, more like a WraithLord to me. In fact I think those side pillars suggest they're sleeping/deactivated wraith constructs

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 244 posts

Regarding the Webway Gate shown on the first page, do those helmets look to be about the right size to fit a Wraithknight? Even with one standing right next to it, I can't quite tell.

Look a little small, more like a WraithLord to me. In fact I think those side pillars suggest they're sleeping/deactivated wraith constructs

WD says it stads 13" tall

gallery_96397_14126_42265.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpg

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,179 posts
Hmmm... How to represent the webway gate that was captured and used by the Mechanicus? I'm contemplating maybe wiring in some Skulls, and/or Servitors perhaps, though it'd be more useful as a terrain piece if I don't convert the gate itself but just make some sort of Mechanicus breaching device to open it. Anyone (who's read the relevant books I'm yet to catch up with) know how it's described Imperial tech is used to access Eldar tech?

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,126 posts

Plasma coils. Lots and lots of plasma coils.

Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012B.gifgallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifBT_Crusade_Expansion_VIII.gif

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,811 posts

Can't wait to have the new Harlie codex tell us more about how awesome the Primaris are. Maybe they'll even do a Dark Eld-sorry Drukhari on us and give us an entire sidebar.

• Interrogator Stobz, sockwithaticket, Calyptra and 1 other like this

we_badge_ezra.png

quinnwolf

quinnwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

Hmmm... How to represent the webway gate that was captured and used by the Mechanicus? I'm contemplating maybe wiring in some Skulls, and/or Servitors perhaps, though it'd be more useful as a terrain piece if I don't convert the gate itself but just make some sort of Mechanicus breaching device to open it. Anyone (who's read the relevant books I'm yet to catch up with) know how it's described Imperial tech is used to access Eldar tech?

In Master of Mankind, they essentially bolt panels and cables to everything in the webway in an attempt to stabilize the ever-shifting layout. Crowbarring it open with mech tech could look very cool. Think Hadron Collider, Stargate, Marvel's Tesseract Portal for inspiration

• Battybattybats and Charlo like this

My Vlka Fenryka PLOG: http://www.bolterand...ering-the-rout/

My completed Vlka Fenryka: http://www.bolterand...-rides-for-war/

Few close ups on the gram: https://www.instagra..._leopard_growl/

Karhedronuk

Karhedronuk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,753 posts

Price on the Webway?

Aus $70, US $40

Thanks! And better than I expected.

£25 in the UK which is even better. I might actually be tempted at that price.

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,245 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Okay, I've split most of the deathwatch discussion into it's own thread. This thread can be for the Harlequins and Webway gate coming - I've updated the topic title and tags accordingly.
  • Chaplain Dosjetka, Vel'Cona and Battybattybats like this
The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Everything is complete!

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 203 posts
Im going to start a small harlequin force purely as a modelling/painting project. The gate is the perfect backdrop piece to set them up in front of.

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,925 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
If they are giving Eldar a webway gate as a terrain piece I wonder if they will do the same to other armies by giving them a unit that is as a terrain centre piece as they could easily make something like a warp gate for chaos or a Tellyporta for the Orks
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,179 posts
For Orks I think some sort of ramshackle gun emplacements. Certainly it'd be great to see a terrain piece or two for each faction (Mechanicus already have a few) but I think most shouldn't be movement.

CardinalVirtue

CardinalVirtue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 958 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order
Why wouldn’t orks get telyportas? They’re masters of teleportation technology, and a gun emplacement makes no sense since orks are absolutely not known for making defensive emplacements, and GW is bound and determined to make ork shooting awful.

EDIT: but that’s all I’ll say on that to avoid veering dangerously off topic. Go clown panzees, they’re the best or something!

Edited by CardinalVirtue, 05 May 2018 - 05:46 AM.

• mithrilforge likes this

Withershadow

Withershadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,847 posts
Orks’ teleportation technology would not need a gate, just like Imperial technology. It would also be a bit boring if everyone gets the same thing. I’m sure Orks will have lots of teleportation in their Codex. Waaagh! gun emplacements would be characterful and GW would sell the ever-living :cuss out of that kit if nothing else but for themed tables.

Are the Deathwatch previews done? Codex comes out tomorrow, so Harly previews should start soon. Monday?

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,179 posts
Pretty sure there was art of ork gun emplacements in one of the planetstrike editions, shooting Tyranids. The point wasn't that I think orks shouldn't get to tellyport, but that xenos terrain should have a diversity of function.

Webway gates have been such a big part of the lore it's been weird they (or Forgeworld, I'm lucky I got some of their Tyranid terrain years ago) didn't make some before now. 3.5 Aeldar factions, Ahriman's 1k sons, the Mechanicus, Heresy Custodes vs Daemons and people playing out the events of the Gathering Storm... With so much narrative about the webway that's a lot of folks who might want to have this model to hand.

I expect webway gates will sell well and hopefully we'll see more cool stuff.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,363 posts
No Harlequins next week.

It's the last of the Idoneth and a rerelease of some Hobbits............

Withershadow

Withershadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,847 posts
Booo hiissss! Make with the clowns!

Brother Talarian

Brother Talarian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 273 posts
That’s really strange... the pre-order is the 12th.

gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpg

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,363 posts
WD could be wrong... Has happened before as it's printed early.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: harlequins, white dwarf, WD, terrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users