Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Webway gate terrain & Harlequin codices - May

harlequins white dwarf WD terrain

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,571 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal
Next week is warhammer fest, no? So i'm not that surprised to be honest.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Skerr

Skerr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 658 posts
Nothing on their FB yet as far as previews...

Edited by Skerr, 09 May 2018 - 03:30 AM.

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,287 posts

WC just released small bit on Webway Gates: https://www.warhamme...for-the-webway/

TURBULENCE

TURBULENCE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 564 posts

WC just released small bit on Webway Gates: https://www.warhamme...for-the-webway/

Having read Master of Mankind, that whole article is tragic and depressing
  • Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra likes this

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 732 posts
Pre-order next week:

https://www.warhamme...rom-the-webway/

Calyptra

Calyptra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 613 posts
  • Faction: Dark Eldar
Is it me, or did they decide to just not bother previewing Harlequins?
ETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Xenos_DrukarETL_VI_Badge_Artisan.jpggallery_30308_9518_10445.pnggallery_30308_9518_5763.png
My project logs:
Drug-Crazed Space Elves
Stupid Humans
You can find me on Instagram twice! Hobby stuff and art/circus stuff

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 732 posts
Well, they normally publish a few more previews during the week before, although, admittedly, they haven’t explicitly said that they’ll be doing that this time.

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 572 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Previews are always in the week leading upto the Saturday you can pre order them. Harlequins are up for order next Saturday (the 12th was a misprint apparently) so we should be seeing previews in the next few days

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,895 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules

That sounds so broken for 120 points!

I find it funny / sad that in the FAQ they boned over daemons (who have little mobility or shooting and no transports) with deep striking, but gave this awesome thing to Eldar (who already have great mobility and shooting and transports).

2akjiIw.jpg

Follow Hexfleet Virules on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hexfleetvirules

TheFinisher4Ever

TheFinisher4Ever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 383 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
The first Harlequin preview is up! https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

Ad Mech - 5,000 points

Blood Angels - 12,000 points

Dark Angels - 6,500 points

Deathwatch - 3,000 points

Eldar - 18,500 points

Imperial Fists - 5,000 points

Imperial Guard - 1,000 points

Grey Knights - 6,500 points

Sisters of Battle - 4,000 points

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,860 posts

WHAT IS A RIDDLE-SMITH???

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,214 posts

WHAT IS A RIDDLE-SMITH???

The ability name for the Veiled Path Masque.

Calyptra

Calyptra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 613 posts
  • Faction: Dark Eldar

The first Harlequin preview is up! https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

Yay! I'm glad I was wrong!
ETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Xenos_DrukarETL_VI_Badge_Artisan.jpggallery_30308_9518_10445.pnggallery_30308_9518_5763.png
My project logs:
Drug-Crazed Space Elves
Stupid Humans
You can find me on Instagram twice! Hobby stuff and art/circus stuff

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 565 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

The Sombre Sentinels seems flat-out broken. They all get a space marine banner buff, for free​, on top of being flat-out better, and then the only one model has to flee, with the option to have more guys flee for extra shots?

Suuure. This is totally balanced. 

Nice to see the harlies getting unique rules, but that one specifically seems a little broken. Hopefully CA 2018 will tone it down to a 5+ or something. 

I may be a little too overzealous with this though. Happy to have others prove to me that it is in fact balanced in some fashion. No sarcasm intended. smile.png 

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts

ETL_Medal_01.gifETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_03_.jpggallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshop

Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 1/7/1 wh40k 0/0/0 Kill Team

Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 1/0/0 Kill Team

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,211 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Legion
Having t3 and being perma 4+ invulnerable I assume, the options there you don't have to take the fancy weapons, max out on volume of fire. Dakka them and hope you get to go first for maximising dakka
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,894 posts

Frozen Stars & Midnight Sorrow seem the best overall.

One pumps up the offence with +1 attack, always handy and the other makes Harlequins obscenely fast being able to leap about battle-lines like there is no tomorrow, getting a free "advance" when they fall back.

Ranwulf

Ranwulf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 944 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Space Wolves

The Sombre Sentinels seems flat-out broken. They all get a space marine banner buff, for free​, on top of being flat-out better, and then the only one model has to flee, with the option to have more guys flee for extra shots?

Suuure. This is totally balanced. 

Nice to see the harlies getting unique rules, but that one specifically seems a little broken. Hopefully CA 2018 will tone it down to a 5+ or something. 

I may be a little too overzealous with this though. Happy to have others prove to me that it is in fact balanced in some fashion. No sarcasm intended. smile.png

Harlequins are a close combat army. Making a single attack, half the time one of them die its really weak. More importantly, Harlequins rarely fail morale saves due to being fielded in small units and usually in transports.

Ran

"You must know your enemy to defeat them, Colonel"
Captain Gabriel Angelos of the Blood Ravens 3rd Company.

"I CONTROL THE WORLD ITSELF! BEHOLD AS YOUR SOLDIERS FALL UNDER HIS MIGHTY JAW!"
Torin, Master of Runes of the Space Wolves.

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 565 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

Wouldn't there still be shooting casualties though? If one of the models were not tied in combat, wouldn't they get a shooting attack?

Are there harlequin units with hard-hitting shooting?

Alternatively, what closecombat glass hammers do they have?

I will concede the point on morale.

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts

ETL_Medal_01.gifETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_03_.jpggallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshop

Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 1/7/1 wh40k 0/0/0 Kill Team

Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 1/0/0 Kill Team

Skerr

Skerr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 658 posts
These are some interesting ways to go with a masque.

+1 attack, fall back/charge and morales look great at first glace. Would love to see how folks build around the others.

Cant wait for the next preview!

GrinNfool

GrinNfool

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 76 posts

Wouldn't there still be shooting casualties though? If one of the models were not tied in combat, wouldn't they get a shooting attack?

Are there harlequin units with hard-hitting shooting?

Alternatively, what closecombat glass hammers do they have?

I will concede the point on morale.

Harlequin troupes only have pistols, and usually shuriken pistols at that, and the good pistol is only 6" range.  The bikes have 1 shuriken cannon (3 shots s6 ap- but ap-3 on 6s to wound).  In general wouldn't worry about it, the best thing about it is the vehicles get a 50/50 chance to shoot as they die.  Which at best can be a lance or haywire, since you can only shoot one weapon.

Edited by GrinNfool, 14 May 2018 - 06:23 PM.

Papewaio

Papewaio

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 185 posts
Yeah, the Dreaming Shadow is overall probably the weakest choice, unless there's some drastic changes to troupes happening. All the rest are making me a very happy clown though.
we_badge_papewaio.png

QUOTE (Lady_Canoness @ Jun 25 2010, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ride a blood-red go-kart into the thick of it, and leave the 'riding-down-a-bumpy-road-with-no-shocks-and-no-pants-on' to those pretty boys in pink!
Welcome to the World Eaters!

Brother Talarian

Brother Talarian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 286 posts
Super excited with these masque introductions so far. Looking forward to learning more about them! So many synergies and shenanigans already in play... muaha

gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpg

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 572 posts
So they are saying in the community page a soup list of silent shroud harlequins, Dark elder and craftworld elder can stack modifiers to drip enemy moral by 9!

Is that the biggest moral mod in the game?
As long as you not sacrificing too much damage potential to build it that combo could be very nasty vs Custodes:(

GrinNfool

GrinNfool

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 76 posts

Yeah, the Dreaming Shadow is overall probably the weakest choice, unless there's some drastic changes to troupes happening. All the rest are making me a very happy clown though.

Nah veiled path is far and away the weakest.... like its probably the worst "chapter tactic" type ability they have put out there in any codex.  It only works in the fight phase.... and its weighted towards the worse result.  You have a 50-55% chance to get a 2 or less making it really bad vs anything with 3+ or worse WS.  I don't think dreaming is amazing, but I wouldn't rule out any ability that gives a use on death, interrupting your opponents turn.  Ynnari taught us that lol.  I think dreaming shadow and midnight sorrow are hard ones to evaluate, because they don't give anything concrete numbers wise.  They depend so much on positioning and timing.  They could be good they could be terrible, but its going to take some games with them to decide.

Brother Talarian

Brother Talarian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 286 posts

Nah veiled path is far and away the weakest.... like its probably the worst "chapter tactic" type ability they have put out there in any codex.  It only works in the fight phase.... and its weighted towards the worse result.  You have a 50-55% chance to get a 2 or less making it really bad vs anything with 3+ or worse WS.  I don't think dreaming is amazing, but I wouldn't rule out any ability that gives a use on death, interrupting your opponents turn.  Ynnari taught us that lol.  I think dreaming shadow and midnight sorrow are hard ones to evaluate, because they don't give anything concrete numbers wise.  They depend so much on positioning and timing.  They could be good they could be terrible, but its going to take some games with them to decide.

I don't know if I understand what you're saying, but this tactic is rather good against anything with a high WS.... if you roll a X/3, all hit rolls of a 3 are a miss... so the better the opponents WS, the harder it will be for them to hit.

gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: harlequins, white dwarf, WD, terrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users