Industrial nurgle theme

Lord Kallozar

Hello.

Instead of the usual nurgle aesthetic/theme of bloated, fleshy, puss ridden bodies would it be viable to have a theme that is instead industrial? For example instead of a hideously grotesque bloated bodied plague marine, the marine would be relatively standard looking but just sporting gas masks and grubby armour?

I’m imagining an army that belongs to a heavily polluted industrial factory world or something along those lines, just something a bit different

Edited by Lord Kallozar

Something like the Cleaved, then? As long as you paint and/or model them in an identifiably 'Nurgle' manner, you should be perfectly fine. The Cleaved have banners that clearly display their allegiance to Nurgle, for example, in addition to their foul and leaky joints. 

I could certainly imagine something like this happening in the lore. If youre going with pollution instead of pure decay, I suggest using either 30k marines in the mk III armor, of going with normal chaos space marines.

Maybe have their backpacks look like they're letting out polluting smog and model their guns so that it looks like they're shooting actual toxic waste?

Yeah, the Cleaved are Nurgle without visible bodies, just murky oil/blood leaking out of their armor joints.

You could also do Nurgle Iron Warriors with a rust or "pig iron" theme. Typhus Corrosion is your friend.

Just bits order the more intact Plague Marine Heads and put them on some MkIII bodies and you should be good.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch

Thanks for the replies. The IW plague marines do look pretty cool.

So for the industrial look the Mk3 iron armour seems to be the armour of choice. Would you say it would still be industrial/in keeping to swap the heads around with a mix of fantasy chaos warrior heads and bionic heads or just stick with the Mk3 heads?

Thanks for the replies. The IW plague marines do look pretty cool.

So for the industrial look the Mk3 iron armour seems to be the armour of choice. Would you say it would still be industrial/in keeping to swap the heads around with a mix of fantasy chaos warrior heads and bionic heads or just stick with the Mk3 heads?

I would use a mix of Mk3, Plague Marine heads, and bionic heads. You could also get the Forge World PM's, which are less mutated and just fill in some of the rotted parts....then use MK3 limbs.

They can be found here

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Death-Guard-Conversion-Set

Thanks for the info, really helps!

What colour scheme do you think would best fit the industrial nurgle theme? Rusty armour? Dirty silver armour?

I'd say a mix of both to be honest

Any "trim" you'd want could be based in P3's Blighted Gold (which is PERFECT for Nurgle if you want something that's not brass or bronze).

Thanks for the info, really helps!

What colour scheme do you think would best fit the industrial nurgle theme? Rusty armour? Dirty silver armour?

I'd say a mix of both to be honest

Any "trim" you'd want could be based in P3's Blighted Gold (which is PERFECT for Nurgle if you want something that's not brass or bronze).

Also, throwing Athonian Camoshade over certain metals can make them look filthy/greasey.

So the general consensus is dirty silver armour with rusted trim bits?

I prefer iron over silver. IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!
That’s what I want to get away from though to be honest. I don’t want them to be confused as a nurgle worshipping iron warriors army.

As an example Just like how space wolves and blood angels have no relation yet are both close combat themed, my nurgle warband and the iron warriors will have no relation at all but have an industrial theme.

Edited by Lord Kallozar

I see. What geneseed primarch do they hail from? Other industrial chapters are like Iron Hands or Imperial Fists that they could have turned renegade from. Or just run them as straight renegades. Remember that Ceramite plate is actually that off white color when unpainted (cuz deathguard don't give an F about colors!). So a chapter/legion/warband actually chooses silver (because it is pretty) or iron (cuz they are so tough).

So the general consensus is dirty silver armour with rusted trim bits?

I prefer iron over silver. IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

That’s what I want to get away from though to be honest. I don’t want them to be confused as a nurgle worshipping iron warriors army.

As an example Just like how space wolves and blood angels have no relation yet are both close combat themed, my nurgle warband and the iron warriors will have no relation at all but have an industrial theme.

In that case, I suggest dirtying them up even further with Skavenblight Dinge to give a "dark iron" look.

• 2 years later...