Daughters of the Burning Rose - what to buy?

Wargamer

I have really gone off the deep end on this...

So as of Update #11, there's a calculator for Anvil's kickstarter. Thing is, I really don't know what to get! I just know that I want a Sisters force, and I have about £150 to work with.

As such, I thought I'd ask the ladies around here for advice.

Useful link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1637892615/daughters-of-the-burning-rose/posts/2171696

With a £150 budget (well, £165 due to the backer discount), and one HQ covered by the Pledge hero, what would you suggest? There's no real hard and fast rules here, so feel free to suggest what you think will make a good Sisters force.

On the table, I generally play Troop-heavy with my Marines, but I don't know if I want to do the same with the Sisters as well.

Given the different hints that GW has dropped, they'll be releasing sisters in November 2019.

If you are picking these models because you like them better than anything else ever produced... then go for it.

If you are picking these models because they are cheaper than the current line of metal models... then I'd wait it out.

If you want to try something different with sisters, go for a fanatics list.

Focus on the unhinged units, Penitent Engines, Repetia, Priests, and Arco Flagelents.

If you want a little more sanity in your list, add in Exorcists, Dominions, and Seraphim.

Given the different hints that GW has dropped, they'll be releasing sisters in November 2019.

If you are picking these models because you like them better than anything else ever produced... then go for it.

If you are picking these models because they are cheaper than the current line of metal models... then I'd wait it out.

Focus on the unhinged units, Penitent Engines, Repetia, Priests, and Arco Flagelents.

If you want a little more sanity in your list, add in Exorcists, Dominions, and Seraphim.

November was confirmed?

I thought the only dateline we got was "2019, Emperor willing".

I agree. The last I've seen was what Krakjen said. Where are the hints for November? I really, really hope it is sooner than that! If not the Christmas list I hand my wife is not going to have a lot of variation LOL.

Wargamer:

Besides the three Troops Squads you know you'll need, I'd recommend two  Seraphim squads. Some people like the hand flamers for them but I go strictly inferno pistols. A Retributor Squad with Heavy Bolters is also very useful. At least two models usable as Imagifiers. Dominions with Stormbolters or Meltas.

I didn't look through all the Anvil models but they seem to have a nice range. Remember though if you plan to do 40K Tournaments then I advise waiting for the GW Sisters.

In the end, if you like the look of the Anvil models, its your money, and you should have fun the way you choose!

Nor will my birthday and Christmas lists to my mother (she doesn't care how old I am, I have to give her one or I never heard the end of it) since my birthday is the end of November.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes through this. :biggrin.:

November was confirmed?

WHAT WE KNOW

Yes GW has confirmed that sisters will be released in 2019, Emperor Willing.

And they have a release date for the Necromunda Squat, and that date just happens to match the numbers on the squat clock video.

So there is a lot of credibility to the theory that the sister's clock in that video isn't just on Random Numbers.

Check out that video at the 21-second mark for a look at all 3 clocks.

MY THEORY

So my guess for the sister's clock was that a different cipher was used from the Squat Clock.

The numbers are counting down the total number of months until release.

The hands were pointing at just before 12 and between the 10 and 11... so 22 or 23 months.

The video was released on 2/2/18... so 22 months later would be 11/2019.

If there are any production delays that would push the release back into Q1 2020... which would account for the "Emperor willing."

So possible starting point with this list:

Celestine + 2 Gemini.

Canoness

10 woman Seraphim.

8 woman Seraphim.

5 woman Dominion Squad.

5 woman Retributor Squad.

5 woman Battle Sister squad.

Imagifier.

Specific weapons to be decided.

The other option would be to drop a Seraphim squad (either the 10-strong, or the 8-strong and the Gemini) and bring two more 5-woman Battle Sister squads. Either one fits my budget.

Personally, I'd drop a Seraphim squad and get two 5 Sister Squads. An eight or ten Seraphim squad is usually enough :)

November was confirmed?

WHAT WE KNOW

Yes GW has confirmed that sisters will be released in 2019, Emperor Willing.

And they have a release date for the Necromunda Squat, and that date just happens to match the numbers on the squat clock video.

So there is a lot of credibility to the theory that the sister's clock in that video isn't just on Random Numbers.

Check out that video at the 21-second mark for a look at all 3 clocks.

MY THEORY

So my guess for the sister's clock was that a different cipher was used from the Squat Clock.

The numbers are counting down the total number of months until release.

The hands were pointing at just before 12 and between the 10 and 11... so 22 or 23 months.

The video was released on 2/2/18... so 22 months later would be 11/2019.

If there are any production delays that would push the release back into Q1 2020... which would account for the "Emperor willing."

Those calculations almost like people trying to find hidden announcement about Half-Life 3 in random Valve statements :p

Oh you guys are killin me here with these theories.  Don't start a GW saving account; get the models you like most now, because it'll be a miracle if GW releases Sisters in 2019/20.  

This is about where we are when it comes to GW and new Sisters:

giphy.gif

Those calculations almost like people trying to find hidden announcement about Half-Life 3 in random Valve statements :tongue.:

I'll do a different, more realistic calculation.

* Beta rules are being released in CA2018

* They'll want at least three, and likely six, months of testing to iron out problems

* Once testing is done there'll be a short review before print, the product will be sent to print, then QA checked after print. This entire process, based on other games, usually takes about 3 months

* That means the earliest we'll see a Sisters release is September 2019

Ahhhh, Taikishi, I will not try to kick that football again until I see those new Sisters in person in a shop....possibly not until I hold them in my hand.  Public announcements from GW, especially those more than a year out, don't get me all that excited.

Archived