My House Terryn Knights

Hello there fellow Imperials and Tech-savvies alike!

Here's my slowly expanding Knight Household. With the release of the new 8th edition Knight codex I've expanded it from an initial 3 knights to 6 full size knights, including a Dominus class Castellan, as well as having added as many Armiger class knights in addition to that.

As you can see I chose the posterboy household paintscheme for my knights, though I make my blue considerably brighter.

Some fluff may be forthcoming, so far I've just managed to name everyone.

Duke Maximillian & Triumphant Blade

gallery_65134_9442_692382.jpg

Sir Gallahen & Righteous Lance

gallery_65134_9442_687868.jpg

Sir Oswald & Unyielding Might

gallery_65134_9442_859595.jpg

Baron Castor & The Blue Warden

gallery_65134_9442_62368.jpg

Lady Gwendolyn & Storm Herald

gallery_65134_9442_1236736.jpg

Sir Balgus & The Iron Bulwark

gallery_65134_9442_469122.jpg

Lady Tyra & Carnivore, Sir Alder & Predator and Lady Lucella & Raptor

gallery_65134_9442_624947.jpg

Sir Orpheon & Hunter, Sir Duran & Stalker and Sir Gideox & Pursuer

gallery_65134_9442_13837.jpg

Fluff still to come, have some more pictures in the meantime:

med_gallery_65134_9442_4987.jpgmed_gallery_65134_9442_304524.jpg

med_gallery_65134_9442_935390.jpgmed_gallery_65134_9442_45976.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Qkhitai: Well for a long time they were just allies for my Black Templar Crusade with not too much thought given to their own background. The eagle eyed observer may notice that I've smuggled in some templar crosses on each knight. 

It's only recently that I've thought of making them into their own force, what with the upcoming Castellan and separate kits for the armiger and their variants. I'll probably add some names later when i make more additions, but the idea I'm going with for now is that the force will be a sort of hunting/questing party out to gain recognition by battling the enemies of the Imperium, probably headed by a Baron or similiar. It may largely come to depend on what the next codex will bring to the table for them. 

Great work overall, but I particularly like the attention payed to the faceplates!  Really ties the whole model together on each one and provides a unique profile :)

• 4 weeks later...
With the upcoming Knight Preceptor Kit being possibly many months off now (got AoS 2.0 right around the corner, then Ad-Tit in August. Doubt they will have many openings in the foreseeable future) my plans for a more ornate knight with a visible pilot to stand out as my war party's leader have to go on hiatus now.

Which means I won't have a use for these for a while yet:

gallery_65134_9442_189488.jpg

Not sure what configuration I should make him. Initially thought of making him a Preceptor so I could use the new gun, but the gun itself isn't very enticing. On the flipside the hitherto very uninteresting Gallant is now a very strong potential candidate....

Not sure what configuration I should make him. Initially thought of making him a Preceptor so I could use the new gun, but the gun itself isn't very enticing. On the flipside the hitherto very uninteresting Gallant is now a very strong potential candidate....

I'd say Gallant topped-out for close range/melee not just because they're amazing now, but also because it'd be an awesome "champion" Knight for your force!

• 2 weeks later...

Got a late start, but the Castellan has otherwise proceeded along at a nice pace, nearing completion now. Still have some oddities left to do that I just keep forgetting, like his toes or the often hidden from view chest plate. And of course the base. And finally the transfers. But this gives a pretty good idea of what he will look like.

gallery_65134_9442_123021.jpg

Pretty happy with the blue, which I always find the most challanging. Gonna take a small detour from finishing him off and instead devote the next few hours of hobby time to assembling a pair of Helverins. I kind want three of each of the Helverins and the Warglaives, but they come in boxes of two which is a bit awkward.

You mean in the form of transfers? The transfer sheet has the same houses as the Questoris one: Terryn, Hawkshroud, Cadmus, Taranis and Raven. Difference is mainly that it's got more of generic things like skulls, lines, numbers, etc and has trimmed away the unneeded transfers of the obsidian knight. They're pretty similiar otherwise.

You mean in the form of transfers? The transfer sheet has the same houses as the Questoris one: Terryn, Hawkshroud, Cadmus, Taranis and Raven. Difference is mainly that it's got more of generic things like skulls, lines, numbers, etc and has trimmed away the unneeded transfers of the obsidian knight. They're pretty similiar otherwise.

Thank you. I don't see me paying $120 on Ebay for a transfer sheet to get that House Krast I'm looking for.

Got a late start, but the Castellan has otherwise proceeded along at a nice pace, nearing completion now. Still have some oddities left to do that I just keep forgetting, like his toes or the often hidden from view chest plate. And of course the base. And finally the transfers. But this gives a pretty good idea of what he will look like.

I didn't notice any of that until I read the entire post!  He just looks cool to me :D

Any chance for a full group shot?

Here's a quick and dirty one:

gallery_65134_9442_408664.jpg

Gonna have to take my time to rephoto pretty much all of them later. It's pretty uncharitable like this and the older pictures too.

Also The castellan still not done though the he's got his toes and chest done. And missing the Helverins that haven't even been primed yet

Really impressive!  I like how consistent you've stayed throughout the project, to the point where the Dominus seems to naturally blend into your force while still standing out :)

Archived