My House Terryn Knights

• 2 weeks later...

Small update, since I was far along last time. But Pretty much finished the Gallant and the remaining Armigers.

gallery_65134_9442_1250801.jpg

gallery_65134_9442_553511.jpg

gallery_65134_9442_51716.jpg

It occured to me that while I was thinking I'd add the pilot model from the Canis Rex kit to further differentiate him from the rest of the knights... opening the top hatch will block the top missile pod... Should I just glue the top hatch etc as it is and have the pilot on the preceptor instead anyway. Or perhaps lose the missile pod and have the pilot hatch open for the pilot? Or maybe I can work with both anyway? Sigh, all these #KnightWorldProblems.

At any rate, looking forward to giving him the new CR helm, even though the one he's using temporarily here is growing on me...

The preview pictures they've shown of Canis Rex have both been with the hatch closed and opened. I've got a special hatch with some sculpted details as part of the Forgeworld Terryn Upgrade kit. So a lot will depend on how you construct the hatch mechanism, if its usuable with the special hatch i have. Is it maybe even possible to open and close the hatch once constructed? A lot of questions to be answered when the kit is finally released

A lot of questions to be answered when the kit is finally released

It has been a while since this kit was announced, huh?  One wonders if they'll try to bridge it into another release to increase the hype, since C: IK is such old news at this point.

• 1 month later...

Well I did this a while back, when Canis Rex was released. As I'd been saying all along, I would add his helm and the cockpit with pilot to my Gallant, and this is the result:

gallery_65134_9442_108532.jpg

The cockpit is surprisingly tiny, barely larger than a top mounted rocket pod:

gallery_65134_9442_158981.jpg

gallery_65134_9442_20833.jpg

gallery_65134_9442_119254.jpg

And then I did the dismounted pilot as well who is my commander, "Duke" Maximillian Terryn:

gallery_65134_9442_964152.jpg

Almost felt disorienting painting such small models after having worked on knights for the last few months...

Honestly, I'll probably be ending up with yet one more at some point, because it feels weird now not to have a Warden when i got all other standard Questoris variants. Would really like another unique headplate for it though (yes my purchasing decisions are ruled by tiny details like that) 

And then I'll probably want a Valiant (Another Unique face plate and a face to go with it... come think of it, maybe i coulg grab a head off a bits seller to give to the proposed Warden)

And I've been lusting after a Lancer for a while... (even though I don't like how its enlongnated limbs make the Questoris look squat... nor am I huge fan of metal frame shield)

And a Porphy if I ever win the lottery...

And all of this does not take into account whenever Forgeworld gets around to releasing their new variants they teased with the release of the IK codex? Something new entirely usually sets off the whole "Waaant!"-mechanism.

Do you know when the new Forgeworld Acastus Mechanicum Knight is due to release? I think it was previewed on b and c back in Feb. I Didn’t want to create a new thread so a temporary derailment, I’ve seen you folks talk about it before I think....

I asked about it on a live stream just before they released the 40K rules for Peltasts and Hoplites. They hadn't given it a name at that point, and that's pretty much the most up to date news I've come across :/

Pretty sure there's been no mention since Clingy.

Loving the work here Reinhard!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I had one more knight in the pipeline on account of having bought the Canis Rex Kit, so here's a pretty far along WIP shot of my knight preceptor:

gallery_65134_9442_469122.jpg

This is the first time that i've tried to some battle damage on my knight, which i think looks ok? Problem is the rest of the knight looks a bit too pristine, so I'm going to try to make the rest sync up visually by adding some weathering through painting. That's the plan anyway...

gallery_65134_9442_255983.jpg

As with the Crusader this knight has also had his legs mirror swapped, which is all things considered the easiest way to convert the legs to get a bit of pose variety. Think it fits well with the fairly lengthy weapon he's wielding.

gallery_65134_9442_18830.jpg

Also, managed to get the bits for a second cockpit & pilot pretty cheap. Stuck a van saar head on the body, which fits my mental image of a grizzled old mentor that the knight Preceptors are supposed to be. Photo came off a bit blurry though.

gallery_65134_9442_267012.jpg

Finally I added an Icarus cannon to the Gallant... which probably makes less sense from a gaming perspective but I felt it fit visually nicely enough...

That's awesome work, Reinhard!  I agree, the pose is menacing and I love how the cannon and rocket pack are lined up on target along the Knight's sight-lines.  Glorious! :)

• 3 weeks later...

And the Preceptor's done. Though I'll probably end up doing more cleanup as I discover them. Like the chest plate in this particular shot really feels sloppy when i look at it. But that pretty much finishes off my knight house.... For now. (Should really work on some fluff/background info for them.. haven't even named the Preceptor yet)

gallery_65134_9442_45976.jpg

gallery_65134_9442_653762.jpg

Great work buddy. I especially like the pose (I've been trying to make my Questorus Knights look less monopose of late also, so it's nice to see what others have achieved - this one works particularly well I think).

Great work buddy. I especially like the pose

Agreed, Reinhard has a serious grasp of good posing to make his Knights more intimidating.  Is this the first Preceptor we've gotten a WIP for on B&C? :)

Archived