Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My House Terryn Knights

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,674 posts
  • Faction: WAAAGH!!!

I love the "lead" Helvern's unique details!  Excellent work overall :)

Commorites working with Craftworlders is like Autobots working with Decepticons.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,166 posts

Small update, since I was far along last time. But Pretty much finished the Gallant and the remaining Armigers.

gallery_65134_9442_1250801.jpg

gallery_65134_9442_553511.jpg

gallery_65134_9442_51716.jpg

It occured to me that while I was thinking I'd add the pilot model from the Canis Rex kit to further differentiate him from the rest of the knights... opening the top hatch will block the top missile pod... Should I just glue the top hatch etc as it is and have the pilot on the preceptor instead anyway. Or perhaps lose the missile pod and have the pilot hatch open for the pilot? Or maybe I can work with both anyway? Sigh, all these #KnightWorldProblems.

At any rate, looking forward to giving him the new CR helm, even though the one he's using temporarily here is growing on me...

• Focslain, Vel'Cona, Bjorn Firewalker and 2 others like this

Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012B.gifgallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifBT_Crusade_Expansion_VIII.gif

frosteldar

frosteldar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 149 posts

You could magnetize the top hatch, so you can remove it to enjoy the detail or leave it down?

ETL VI Banner 03 Custos Fidei 02

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,166 posts

The preview pictures they've shown of Canis Rex have both been with the hatch closed and opened. I've got a special hatch with some sculpted details as part of the Forgeworld Terryn Upgrade kit. So a lot will depend on how you construct the hatch mechanism, if its usuable with the special hatch i have. Is it maybe even possible to open and close the hatch once constructed? A lot of questions to be answered when the kit is finally released

• Vel'Cona likes this

Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012B.gifgallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifBT_Crusade_Expansion_VIII.gif

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,537 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Well done.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,674 posts

A lot of questions to be answered when the kit is finally released

It has been a while since this kit was announced, huh?  One wonders if they'll try to bridge it into another release to increase the hype, since C: IK is such old news at this point.

Commorites working with Craftworlders is like Autobots working with Decepticons.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,166 posts

Well I did this a while back, when Canis Rex was released. As I'd been saying all along, I would add his helm and the cockpit with pilot to my Gallant, and this is the result:

gallery_65134_9442_108532.jpg

The cockpit is surprisingly tiny, barely larger than a top mounted rocket pod:

gallery_65134_9442_158981.jpg

gallery_65134_9442_20833.jpg

gallery_65134_9442_119254.jpg

And then I did the dismounted pilot as well who is my commander, "Duke" Maximillian Terryn:

gallery_65134_9442_964152.jpg

Almost felt disorienting painting such small models after having worked on knights for the last few months...

• Focslain, Prot, Flame Boy and 7 others like this

Flame Boy

Flame Boy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,252 posts

I really like your Gallant. There is plenty of detail to pick out. The new helm looks really good too.

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,674 posts

Definitely a lovely centerpiece for the army!  Are you planning to add more to your Knightly House or has it finally reached a "state of completion"? :)

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,166 posts
Well the newly added pilots came with one more knight as an added bonus...

Having no less than 6 armigers it make sense to add him as preceptor, even though the competitive option would probably be to make him a Warden, or even a second Gallant
  • Vel'Cona likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,537 posts
Excellent work.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,674 posts

Well the newly added pilots came with one more knight as an added bonus...

"One more Knight" is the battlecry of many an IK player, it seems :lol:

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,166 posts

Honestly, I'll probably be ending up with yet one more at some point, because it feels weird now not to have a Warden when i got all other standard Questoris variants. Would really like another unique headplate for it though (yes my purchasing decisions are ruled by tiny details like that) 

And then I'll probably want a Valiant (Another Unique face plate and a face to go with it... come think of it, maybe i coulg grab a head off a bits seller to give to the proposed Warden)

And I've been lusting after a Lancer for a while... (even though I don't like how its enlongnated limbs make the Questoris look squat... nor am I huge fan of metal frame shield)

And a Porphy if I ever win the lottery...

And all of this does not take into account whenever Forgeworld gets around to releasing their new variants they teased with the release of the IK codex? Something new entirely usually sets off the whole "Waaant!"-mechanism.

• Vel'Cona and Stray like this

hermanista

hermanista

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 635 posts
I know that feeling - Volkite Armigers get in my army!

Clingy

Clingy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts
Do you know when the new Forgeworld Acastus Mechanicum Knight is due to release? I think it was previewed on b and c back in Feb. I Didn’t want to create a new thread so a temporary derailment, I’ve seen you folks talk about it before I think....

Stray

Stray

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 661 posts
  • Faction: House Malinax

I asked about it on a live stream just before they released the 40K rules for Peltasts and Hoplites. They hadn't given it a name at that point, and that's pretty much the most up to date news I've come across :/

Pretty sure there's been no mention since Clingy.

Loving the work here Reinhard!

Edited by Stray, 12 October 2018 - 06:10 PM.

• Vel'Cona likes this

Clingy

Clingy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts
Hi Stray,

Cheers for the update

So no inkling if 2018 is a possibility?

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,166 posts

Well, I had one more knight in the pipeline on account of having bought the Canis Rex Kit, so here's a pretty far along WIP shot of my knight preceptor:

gallery_65134_9442_469122.jpg

This is the first time that i've tried to some battle damage on my knight, which i think looks ok? Problem is the rest of the knight looks a bit too pristine, so I'm going to try to make the rest sync up visually by adding some weathering through painting. That's the plan anyway...

gallery_65134_9442_255983.jpg

As with the Crusader this knight has also had his legs mirror swapped, which is all things considered the easiest way to convert the legs to get a bit of pose variety. Think it fits well with the fairly lengthy weapon he's wielding.

gallery_65134_9442_18830.jpg

Also, managed to get the bits for a second cockpit & pilot pretty cheap. Stuck a van saar head on the body, which fits my mental image of a grizzled old mentor that the knight Preceptors are supposed to be. Photo came off a bit blurry though.

gallery_65134_9442_267012.jpg

Finally I added an Icarus cannon to the Gallant... which probably makes less sense from a gaming perspective but I felt it fit visually nicely enough...

• WarriorFish, Vel'Cona, walter h and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,537 posts
The Knight Preceptor looks great, even in its incomplete state. I like the effort you made in posing it, with head, right arm, and even the carapace-mounted rocket launcher focused on a distant target.
  • Reinhard likes this

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,674 posts

That's awesome work, Reinhard!  I agree, the pose is menacing and I love how the cannon and rocket pack are lined up on target along the Knight's sight-lines.  Glorious! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users