Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= SITE-WIDE PURGING OF OLD TOPICS =][=

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 21,371 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion

In preparation for the planned site upgrade (details on that later as we're still planning), the moderator team will be deleting old topics.

Basically, anything that is no longer relevant will be deleted. So army lists and tactica for previous editions; news, rumors, and forum announcements that have either come to pass or been proven as incorrect; threads/topics with dead links (which includes anything that got the short end of the Photobucket straw); et cetera.

If you know of an old topic that you want to keep, post a reply in that topic with your request and an explanation. Necro-posting is normally frowned upon, but this will serve as a direct communication that will remove the topic from the back pages (where it is most likely to be deleted). If the topic is archived, send your request via PM (since you can't reply to an archived topic). The mods will make a determination as to whether or not a topic will be kept and will provide an answer by replying to the topic/PM. If the determination is to delete the topic, they will identify a date at which that will take place - giving you a week or two to save the topic for your own records.

You can expect Liber topics and Forge topics to be kept, as well as active projects.

We want to trim all of the dead weight, but we want to keep anything that is useful to the community.

• Centurion Jay, Machine God, Vel'Cona and 2 others like this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_14910_14794.png

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,838 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Now I can't find them, but we had a lot of topics with AD-B randomly replying with great quality musings on the setting and I'm not sure they all were in Liber :(

• Master Commander Ajax, templargdt, KhorneHunter57x and 3 others like this

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.

Lorgar signed the pact for his soul with crayons,

Erebus drinks recaf made with keel water of the Furious Abyss

and Kor Phaeron's mum was an abhuman!
- Blackclad Hools of Rogal Dorn

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,462 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Now I can't find them, but we had a lot of topics with AD-B randomly replying with great quality musings on the setting and I'm not sure they all were in Liber sad.png

I know at least a few posts of his I can think of that are posted in the CSM section (especially one that get referenced from time to time) but I haven't been able to find them unfortunately.

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,000 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

Now I can't find them, but we had a lot of topics with AD-B randomly replying with great quality musings on the setting and I'm not sure they all were in Liber sad.png

I know at least a few posts of his I can think of that are posted in the CSM section (especially one that get referenced from time to time) but I haven't been able to find them unfortunately.

Is this one, brother? Thats the main one I remember from the CSM section, which I re-found on 1d4chan.

Edit: Its post 97, for some reason I can't generate a link to the post.

Edited by No Foes Remain, 29 April 2018 - 02:33 PM.

• Excessus likes this

Formerly known as Cpt Ventris                                                                                                                                                              30k:

10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra': 18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions;

Geno One-Four-One Akkad; Dominion of Thedas 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; Knight House Cousland; 13th Solar Auxiliary Cohort 'Black Scorpions'

40k:

Maelstrom Warders: Astral Claws 5th Company; 83rd Tyrant's Legion

Adeptus Praetorii: Sol Wardens(SM); Steel Wolves [Brotherhood of the Steel-Eyed-Wolf of the Ordu of Jaghatai](SM); Dorn's Sentinels; Crimson Saints(BA); Void Angels(DA)

Astra Militarum/Imperial Guard: 541st Infantry Regiement; 317th Mechanised Regiment; 265th Tempestus Scion Airborne Company

Deathwatch: Watch Fortress Keep Extremis     Grey Knights: Task Force Urbanae     Adeptus Mechanicus: Forge Fiefdom Vito

Adeptus Custodes: Sodality Beneficiarius     Adepta Sororitas: Order of the Amethyst Tower     Knight House: House Cousland

Renegade Astartes: Void Knights     Aeldari: Craftworld Mor-Righian     Genesteeler Cult: Disciples of the Benevolent Dawn

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 882 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

Yes, if we can save stuff from ADB, that would be great.  I will miss some of the old stuff, like the old "Way of the Water Warrior" from waaayyy back in the day with Grey Knights.  Also GreatCrusade08's scout stuff.  Those were great reads.  

1 John 4:8

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 882 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

Found the "way of the water warrior" treatise; http://www.bolterand...-water-warrior/

Would it be possible to let the forums do a quick "give us a list of old stuff that is the best of the breed" for permanent storage/access, like a sticky or a subboard for the boards?  I'm sure the other forums all have their favorites.  Thanks.

• Reclusiarch Krieg likes this

1 John 4:8

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,838 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Yeah, these are some but not all of ADB's which are definitely worth preserving. And giving communities time to select posts / threads to be saved before the purge would also be great.

If I might add my own one, which sparked a lot of great discussion and brainstorming - http://www.bolterand...rfectly-flawed/

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.

Lorgar signed the pact for his soul with crayons,

Erebus drinks recaf made with keel water of the Furious Abyss

and Kor Phaeron's mum was an abhuman!
- Blackclad Hools of Rogal Dorn

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 21,364 posts
  • Faction: Hunter Legion

As mentioned in the OP this is giving the community time, and as noted please post to the older topic directly to flag it for consideration or if it is archived PM an appropriate mod. This involves a fair amount of work from the B&C Team to prepare, so please try to help make that as easy as possible by following the instructions as detailed thumbsup.gif

gallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_30308_9518_2534.pnggallery_30308_3239_3185.pnggallery_30308_9518_17558.pnggallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.png
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Cataphractii | IG Stormies | CSM Cultists | =][= Stormies | AM Armigers | DE [Repaint] | TSons Rubrics | Daemons Daemonettes

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts
  • Faction: Neo Zeon
Can we make sure to keep the collection of Inspiration Friday threads in the Chaos Marines forum? There is a lot of very cool forum member creativity and competition in those.

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,462 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Can we make sure to keep the collection of Inspiration Friday threads in the Chaos Marines forum? There is a lot of very cool forum member creativity and competition in those.

We're already on it ;)

• Warsmith Aznable likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,582 posts
  • Faction: Vultures

Also keep in mind that you can download/print threads that you may want to save on your own. 

The mods know the threads that are important to their specific forum and they will keep them. 

Liber and the PCA section are probably going to keep most of the threads too (those filled with broken links/images aside). 

But basically what we are looking to prune out is pre-8th edition stuff. We've done this before and if you have been around long enough you know this was a very regular happening. This is part of the process of preparing the server for the fixes we need to make.

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!
Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.
Duck Blind Minis IG - I do post on IG too but fair warning there are other things (mostly the gym) on here besides minis.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed
Kurgan's FaceBook Page

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Selling off the PILE OF SHAME! Links to my ebay page for everything that is going up over the next 10 days:
Kurgan's Pile of Shame auctions

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,779 posts
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
Does the purge also include wip posts? As I am a slow painter, I can seldom update my wip thread.

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_78117_10471_62812.png

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,459 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit

Does the purge also include wip posts? As I am a slow painter, I can seldom update my wip thread.

No. WIP, Hall of Honour (as far as I know) and some other "long burn" topics and sub forums will stay. It's mainly discussion topics and stuff that is years out of date :)

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.
- Sister Katherine Elysius,
Daughter of the Emperor (later Imperial Saint Katherine)

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,779 posts
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
*Phew*

Thx for the info on this.

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_78117_10471_62812.png

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,462 posts

Glad to see this - most of N&R can burn devil.gif

EDIT: Can you start with any post mentioning items being out of stock on the GW website? Those should be immolated on contact.

Edited by Xenith, 04 May 2018 - 12:00 PM.

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,483 posts

Will the Black Library section remain largely preserved? Or should we flag topics there?

• Ishagu likes this
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 21,371 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
Flag topics in there.

We might keep reviews of books and the constructive discussions, but many of the discussions will get the axe.
  • Soder and sairence like this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_14910_14794.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users