Dark Angels Ironwing 2.5K

Nomadic Thunder

Just something i've been thinking about.

I like the idea of a no-nonesense all or nothing armoured thrust right into the face of your oponent.

originally i had an extra malcador but replaced that with a couple of lascannon mortis dreads for anti-air as any kind of flier would have my pants down...

i've been thinking of starting an armoured breakthrough list but as a bit of a dark angels fiend have opted with the ironwing (plus having an 'ironwing' sounds much cooler)

I'm looking for a list which will fit the theme of heavy hitting armour supported by some infantry

the only thing i'm really wanting to hold onto is the predators (as i have the models and think a squadron of them is pretty cool) and the malcadors (haven't ordered the models yet, but i really like the look of the model and feel like a big old tank thats hard to kill and has a decent bit of fire power just screams ironwing)

i've got 30pts free (i think) for 2.5k and i'm not looking for a waac, just something that has the look and feel of the Ist legion kicking ass and taking names.

comments and criticism are very much encouraged.

HQ

Delegatus (bare bones) [65pts] Rite of war: Ironwing

Damocles command rhino (delegatus rides here) [100pts]

Elite

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [185pts]

- Two twin-linked lascannon

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [185pts]

- Two twin-linked lascannon

Troops

Legion Tactical squad [235pts]

- additional close combat weapon

- sgt. artificer armour, calibanite warblade, combi-grenade launcher w/ stasis shells

- Rhino w/pintle multi-melta & hunter killer missile

Legion Tactical squad [235pts]

- additional close combat weapon

- sgt. artificer armour, calibanite warblade, combi-grenade launcher w/ stasis shells

- Rhino w/pintle multi-melta & hunter killer missile

Heavy Support

Malcador Assault Tank, Squadron [730pts]

- Malcador Assault Tank; Hull mounted Demolisher Cannon, Flare Shield, Armoured Ceramite

- Malcador Assault Tank; Hull mounted Demolisher Cannon, Flare Shield, Armoured Ceramite

Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron [475pts]

- 3x vindi w/Laser Destroyer Array

- 2x machine spirit

- command tank upgrade

Predator Strike Squadron [340pts]

- 2x Predator Cannon

- 1x Executioner plasma Cannon w/machine spirit

- command tank upgrade

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! thanks for the reply!

All cannons it is then on the predators, guess i was just getting a bit excited with lots of high strength low ap blasts flying around!! :sweat:

why do you say they are dirty? too OP?

I've got the battle cannon for the main gun as its a big ass tank and it should make a bang when it fires, right?

one question with the superheav squad, can they split up or do they have to stay together?

i'm guessing they'd stay in one coherent unit but it would be nice to have them able to go alone to allow for some flexibilty on the board...

also would you say the ceramite and flare shield are over the top?

whats your experience with the malcodors in game? how do you run them?

Edit; spelling

They have to stay together, although because they are super heavies, they can split their firepower however you want. Just make sure you declare all your targets before performing any attacks. :wink:

Personally I'd keep the flare shields but drop the ceramite. There usually isn't too much melta in 30k due to the fact the ceramite exists so people don't take it for that reason alone, at least in my local meta.

They have to stay together, although because they are super heavies, they can split their firepower however you want. Just make sure you declare all your targets before performing any attacks. :wink:

Personally I'd keep the flare shields but drop the ceramite. There usually isn't too much melta in 30k due to the fact the ceramite exists so people don't take it for that reason alone, at least in my local meta.

Conversely, for that purpose, people realise the meta swings the other way, and as people save points on Ceramite, they begin to pick Melta back up again. On a large investment, I would certainly out AC on it, but not on every Rhino.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have the Tacticals bare bones, as the 12 inch range rule you get with the protocol makes rapid fire weapons pretty scary. Especially if your opponent takes a rhino out in melee in his turn, and then gets a face full of fury in yours.

If you have points spare then consider the plasma cannon and Lascannon build for the preds. With machine spirit you can have the squadron fire their multi shot plasma turrets at anything TEQ to wipe it off the board, while you fire the Lascannons at any armour in your way. Basically turns them into mini super heavies but only if you are points rich.

Love my malcadors. The split fire is great but they have to stay in coherentcy. I run them fully kitted with battle cannon,demo cannon, lascannons and a multimelta with AC and flare shield. Clocks in at 400pts but worth it.

Plasma preds have alot of damage output if had points as above I'd take them over normal if have the points

Archived