Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= E Tenebrae Lux VI =][=

E Tenerbrae Lux E Tenebrae Lux VI ETL ETL VI

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,287 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

ARE YOU SURE IT'S STILL LOCKED?

Last famous words of Inquisitor Agaron Lustrus 986.M37

il_570xN.489324916_huur.jpg?version=0

• Aqui likes this

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 689 posts

So can we vow if the outpost is open even if it is still a few hours till the 1st May locally?

"I once was many things, but now I am only several" ~ Mogget

Facing the Unknown - A community event to experience and learn a New Army
My Assorted Projects
L_T_3_2017_Medals.gifL_T_4_2019_Medal.gifL_T_4_2019_Badge_06_Magos.jpgETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_05.gETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifgallery_48988_15465_15917.pnggallery_48988_15465_3115.pnggallery_48988_15465_4633.pngsml_gallery_69091_12729_2979.gifxqYkGTH.pnggallery_30308_9518_14627.pnggallery_48988_15094_5012.png

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,287 posts
If it’s open, it’s open... :D
  • Trokair likes this

toaae

toaae

++ SECURIFER VIRIDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,242 posts
  • Faction: Orks, Blood Angels
Oh boy, I need this class to end so I can get my vow on.

My Orks may be new to these parts, but they are spoiling for a good fight.
  • Captain Semper and Machine God like this
My favorite community is now open to my favorite army. We live in an enlightened age.

WAAAGH!!! Tortoof, a WiP thread
(updated: 10/1/19)
ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_48988_15465_14148.pnggallery_48988_15738_11177.pnggallery_48988_15094_7480.pnggallery_48988_15094_4633.pnggallery_48988_15094_4560.png
(click on the images to see my vows!)

Hyperion

Hyperion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,016 posts
First vow made...
  • Captain Semper likes this
ETL_2016_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

Rikev

Rikev

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts

I joined the forum just in time! So max 5 vows, but we can stagger announcing them and include multiple units per vow? I might slowly ramp up with the new Deathwatch Codex coming out.

Also, just thought, what hashtag are we using to post on the Warmongers group on Twitter? #ETL2018 seems free.

Edited by Rikev, 30 April 2018 - 09:41 PM.

ETL Vows Complete: VI-1

gallery_26154_15777_6252.png

Marshal van Trapp

Marshal van Trapp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 887 posts
  • Faction: B.Templars G.Knights
So just to be sure, if I wanted to paint both my black templar and my tau I could vow one for the points and the other as out-of-competition vows? I need the motivation for both but I can't decide which I want to do

toaae

toaae

++ SECURIFER VIRIDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,242 posts
  • Faction: Orks, Blood Angels

Got my pictures. Didn't realize I hadn't stripped the paint off the weirdboy yet (part of a huge lot of secondhand minis I picked up a few years ago), but thankfully Dettol took care of that error. Still have to finish my Blood Angels for my local event, but I can't wait to get back to painting greenskins.

My favorite community is now open to my favorite army. We live in an enlightened age.

WAAAGH!!! Tortoof, a WiP thread
(updated: 10/1/19)
ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_48988_15465_14148.pnggallery_48988_15738_11177.pnggallery_48988_15094_7480.pnggallery_48988_15094_4633.pnggallery_48988_15094_4560.png
(click on the images to see my vows!)

Studio Silvernale

Studio Silvernale

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,618 posts
  • Faction: Executioners, Alpha Legion

Does this absolutely have to go by points? Can I just say 2 squads of X, 3 tanks and an HQ ?

Larkyn

Larkyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,012 posts

Ohhhhh sooo mannny choices for which faction to join..........

Chaos?

Astra Militarum?

Space Marines?

Heresy Traitors?

Necrons?

Sooooo maaaannnyyyy choices.....So little time....

Formerly TheWarmaster.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,839 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

Does this absolutely have to go by points? Can I just say 2 squads of X, 3 tanks and an HQ ?

Yes to the first, No to the second question.... Without points, there's no score to be kept. :) Vowing in the ETL is a serious business, which deserves some calculations :) Besides, there's always someone in your forum willing to help you work out the exact points. :tu:

robofish7591

robofish7591

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 837 posts

I have to say, I am pretty excited to be taking part in the ETL.  I missed the last one, and then it got put on hold for a year!  This is just the motivation I need to get my Iron Hands project done... and hopefully a good chunk of my Ultramarines too!

• Captain Semper and Augustus b'Raass like this

1st Company Marching for Macragge - Ultramarine Terminators WIP
Robo's Anviliarium - Iron Hands WIP

gallery_84735_14657_41554.jpggallery_84735_14657_21278.pnggallery_30308_9518_2534.png

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 375 posts

Chaos?

Astra Militarum?

Space Marines?

Heresy Traitors?

Necrons?

The answer is Necrons. We are the true rulers of this universe! Nothing can stop our conquest. We just need more tomb worlds to awaken....

NovemberIX

NovemberIX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,011 posts
  • Faction: November Warriors

I just realized that tomorrow is the 1st, I haven't clipped anything off the sprues yet! I guess I don't need any sleep tonight ;)

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,287 posts

I joined the forum just in time! So max 5 vows, but we can stagger announcing them and include multiple units per vow? I might slowly ramp up with the new Deathwatch Codex coming out.

Also, just thought, what hashtag are we using to post on the Warmongers group on Twitter? #ETL2018 seems free.

Yes, one Forum, 5 vows - no number of units limitation. You do have a 20,000pts limitation overall if that is a concern. Regarding the twitter thing - sorry I can't help...

So just to be sure, if I wanted to paint both my black templar and my tau I could vow one for the points and the other as out-of-competition vows? I need the motivation for both but I can't decide which I want to do

Yes, you are correct. Only one Forum may earn you points.

Absolutely. There is a competition and the score is based on points. If you do not have access to a relevant source you can always PM me and we'll work it out. :)

valhalla130

valhalla130

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists
I have the entirety of the Dark Imperium Primaris clipped off sprues and in separate baggies waiting to be begun. Plus I have Aggressors, the Primaris chaplain and three reivers in boxes unopened. Those I'm not concerned with.

The oldMarines that i have though have all been primed, basecoated in Averland Sunset, and washed with Nuln oil. Is that too much for a vow? If it is, I'll just work on the Primaris.

Edited by valhalla130, 01 May 2018 - 09:59 AM.

oldschoolsoviet

oldschoolsoviet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 715 posts
  • Faction: White Scars / World Eaters
Well, I might bring myself back to the fold......need a verdict first.

I understand that loyal knights and traitor knights are pretty much equal in points (5 difference iirc), so could we argue/houserule that Armigers (sure there are plenty around) could be vowed as traitor using an equal cost ?

Alternatively, could we vow a 'loyal' costed, but traitor aligned force under TLaD ?
puTG7ZS.pngh1kLNHW.pngl1KOZAI.png

"Blood for the Blood God ! Skulls for the Khan ! .....wait. What ?!" - Of Skulls and Scars - WiP Thread -
Something stirs in the shadows. Other Stuff on the Side - WIP

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,287 posts

So you have Armiger and you want to vow it for Chaos? I guess same points as the Imperial version will be fine. But make sure it "says" Chaos all over it. 

oldschoolsoviet

oldschoolsoviet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 715 posts
  • Faction: White Scars / World Eaters
No danger there. :D Seeing Biohazard's (yes, I lurk) and a few others around and I figure it might be an encouragement to vowing. Thanks Cpt. Semper.

Guess it's time to dig out some boxes, and dust off the paintbrushes......
puTG7ZS.pngh1kLNHW.pngl1KOZAI.png

"Blood for the Blood God ! Skulls for the Khan ! .....wait. What ?!" - Of Skulls and Scars - WiP Thread -
Something stirs in the shadows. Other Stuff on the Side - WIP

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,316 posts
  • Faction: Scions of Ferrus
Nice Cypher Captain Semper!

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_48988_15465_969.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.png

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 823 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

Chaos?

Astra Militarum?

Space Marines?

Heresy Traitors?

Necrons?

Join the Silent King's legions and you shall not be disappointed....

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshop
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,287 posts

Nice Cypher Captain Semper!

Thx! :D

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,327 posts

I have the entirety of the Dark Imperium Primaris clipped off sprues and in separate baggies waiting to be begun. Plus I have Aggressors, the Primaris chaplain and three reivers in boxes unopened. Those I'm not concerned with.

The oldMarines that i have though have all been primed, basecoated in Averland Sunset, and washed with Nuln oil. Is that too much for a vow? If it is, I'll just work on the Primaris.

Up to basecoat is acceptable, as long as you'll be layering over the Nuln Oil, I expect that they'll be acceptable to vow. Side note, just noticed Captain Semper has "liked" your post, this is as good as a the seal of approval, :tu:

• valhalla130 and Captain Semper like this

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,839 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

Yeah I was onna say: I love that you finally did Cypher - after what? Three years? It's really cool that you did keep your promise! Kudo's! (and he looks wicked!)

• Captain Semper and Machine God like this

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

I probably can't do unit tracking this year, but I guess I'll go vow.  (already did tongue.png actually)

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: E Tenerbrae Lux, E Tenebrae Lux VI, ETL, ETL VI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users