The Price of Perfection, Gederas' Emperor's Children

Gederas

Welp, I guess I should get this thread started. So, I originally never intended on doing Emperor's Children, but reading more about their lore and fluff, they started appealing to me.

That and I like playing Switch-hitter types when I'm not playing tanky melee monsters in RPGs, so the Emperor's Children playstyle appeals to me.

And just in time for ETL VI, I've decided to throw my hat into the ring for the Prince of Pleasure.

Now, I'll show the WIPs I have in a concrete form:

Sonic Dreadnought (needs Greenstuff work on the Blastmasters):

4sYvjGg.jpg

And the Horny Noise Marines:

aO144vp.jpg

I'll be working on the other 12 Noise Marines, Lucius, a Naga Sorcerer (inspired by Kierdale's) and FORTY Escher-based cultists.

Oh yeah, before I forget: The Gigantic Chaos Spawn, inspired by the madness that is Kierdale's spawns.

"My name is Legion, for we are many."

3aJLn7B.jpg

S3NWTDL.jpg

SVF9rJk.jpg

hTLB83Y.jpg

Z0pqtEg.jpg

Legion's going to need a lot of Greenstuff work before he gets paint.

But yeah, this is my newest army project, that isn't a mostly donation force (like my Death Guard and Dark Angels).

Nice work on the Helbrute, looking forward to seeing more of your ECs :thumbsup: Will you be going with the classic colour scheme?

Thanks!

And to answer about the colour scheme: What classic scheme? Pink and black?

With my Noise Marines, no. They're going to be many colours. For everything else?

Something like this:

kalista-band.jpg

There'll be purple, silver and gold to tie everything together though.

That spawn is awesome!

Thanks!

Your spawn is amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing your conversions unfold. I'm really looking forward to the Escher cultists. I wanna do the same thing.

I feel that the Escher cultists are going to be fun to paint

Looks good. My EC are purple/gold, love the heresy scheme too much to change it.

Yeah. Mine will be variations of the Heresy scheme (I'm planning on them being a bit paler purple than the normal rich purple).

NIIIIIICE! Welcome to the best legion!

Thanks? :lol:

And since I posted it in the Chaos Marine outpost:

I, Gederas, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Emperor's Children and the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete the units listed below of total value 996 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

++ Battalion Detachment (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines, Slaanesh) ++

Legion: Emperor's Children

+ HQ +

Lucius the Eternal [6 PL, 115pts]

Sorcerer with Jump Pack [7 PL, 126pts] - Force Sword, Bolt Pistol

+ Troops +

Noise Marines x6 [11 PL, 140pts]

* Sonic Blaster x5

* Blastmaster

* Champion: Doom Siren

* Sonic Blaster x5

* Blastmaster

* Sonic Blaster x5

* Blastmaster

Cultists x20 [13 PL, 87pts]

* 18x autopistol

* 20x ccw

* 2x flamer

* Champion: Shotgun

Cultists x20 [13 PL, 87pts]

* 18x autopistol

* 20x ccw

* 2x flamer

* Champion: Shotgun

+ Elites +

Sonic Helbrute [7 PL, 162pts]:

* Two Blastmasters

* Helbrute Fist

* Doom Siren

++ Total: [79 PL, 996pts] ++

c6jyarv.jpg

My painting desk is all cleaned off, my models are ready. Now I just need the primer. And hopefully I'll have enough bases for the cultists :lol:

And here's the Sonicbrute almost completed:

qFGQPpR.jpg

pFWULTG.jpg

6QEXml1.jpg

Just need to wait for that Greenstuff to finish curing, then I'll break out the tentacle roller to make some more cables to hide the more awkward connection points.

Also yes: Guitar wire on a Sonic Helbrute. I'm clever :lol:

Hair Band is assembled, now I just need to greenstuff the cloaks.

jd7W4ny.jpg

And a close-up of the Blasmaster-wielder:

LnHvLgl.jpg

All of the sawing made my hands hurt though.

IT IS A GOOD PAIN :lol:

Hair Band is assembled, now I just need to greenstuff the cloaks.

jd7W4ny.jpg

And a close-up of the Blasmaster-wielder:

LnHvLgl.jpg

All of the sawing made my hands hurt though.

IT IS A GOOD PAIN :laugh.:

I really, really like these. They've got a good Rogue Trader feel while still looking unique.

Nice work on the sonic dread! More cabling will look awesome on that beast!

The hair band is also looking righteous and ready to rock.

How much more is more cabling? :lol: 'cause I've got a whole spool of guitar wire in multiple gauges ready to go :lol:

And yeah, they will be, once I finish the Greenstuff work on the capes and attach the backpacks (and get primer) :lol:

In other news, once I finish this vow, I'll have another vow ready to go:

5 Havocs with 4 Autocannons (because my buddy Joe found two Autocannon Iron Warriors he was building for 30k/40k, and he gave them to me since he's playing Thousand Sons for Chaos).

Step inside, walk this way

rN7nYQV.jpg
9EWh8Px.jpg

That's the Hair band done (Blasmaster, mohawk and wave have their heads glued in, need to yank those out before painting).

Close-up of the Champ:
h26snzl.jpg

And the headless dudes in the second picture?

7pXuQ7F.jpg

I did say this was a HAIR band, didn't?

Also:

I really, really like these. They've got a good Rogue Trader feel while still looking unique.

Thanks to Nephilim, I've already got the idea for this group's tie-in scheme for each other:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/6/64/NoiseMarine1E.jpg

Death Leppard :D

I can't believe I haven't looked through your log before now! I'm loving your take on the Emperor's Children, they're looking really cool! And that's one ambitious vow for ETL, good luck getting it all done!

Well, I just started this log recently, so of course you haven't looked through it :lol:

And thanks!

Also, speaking of these guys. So, picking up my Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic Mount from my local GW store, I was tired of waiting for primer to be shipped to my FLGS.

XlHxzQ4.jpg

Hair band and Lucius are now primed and ready for paint.

Cool conversions, and the color scheme should be interesting as well, I'd better follow this. Always had a soft spot for EC:)

Why thank you.

I've also got something to show for today. I finished the first two models of my Vow, Lucius the Eternal and a Sorcerer with Jump Pack:

TBePFMA.jpg

CfgE83e.jpg

kkoRkW3.jpg

5KK3npf.jpg

tecBOVY.jpg

Also because its hard to see in most of the pictures, I did some sculpting on the Sorcerer's torso (inspired by Forte's Chaos Lord):

F8ncFZv.jpg

I'll be taking better pictures once I have everything all finished.

Good to see your noise marines up for painting - I look forward to seeing them when they are done.  Was the assembly and green stuffing any more difficult than you had thought (aside from the sore hands from all the sawing :) ).

Nice work on Lucius and the lord.

Nice! Love good ol purple and gold!

I like the daemonette face on the torso.

Thanks! I was originally planning on getting the purple to a much paler shade of purple, almost lilac, but I decided to hold off on doing any sort of experiments like that until after the ETL is done :lol:

Good to see your noise marines up for painting - I look forward to seeing them when they are done. Was the assembly and green stuffing any more difficult than you had thought (aside from the sore hands from all the sawing :) ).

Nice work on Lucius and the lord.

The assembly wasn't too hard. I did have to drill and pin the legs on them though, the join from the greenstuff wasn't secure enough.

I think painting them will be more difficult than assembling them though :lol: Their construction doesn't make it easy to do a bunch of different colours on them due to the capes and their guns being attached before paint.

My cult used to have a paler/grey color of purple. I cannot remember the name of that old paint. I liked it because I saw that color in some artwork featuring noise marines. I liked the idea that it just showed stagnation as my EC were junkies and it reflected that all the drugs left them dead inside. 

Then I jumped back to regular legion purple before trying metallic purple (which months later I'm still working on).

I'm honestly too chicken to try truly vibrant paint jobs like Kierdale. Plus, I love the purple and gold.

My cult used to have a paler/grey color of purple. I cannot remember the name of that old paint. I liked it because I saw that color in some artwork featuring noise marines. I liked the idea that it just showed stagnation as my EC were junkies and it reflected that all the drugs left them dead inside. 

Then I jumped back to regular legion purple before trying metallic purple (which months later I'm still working on).

I'm honestly too chicken to try truly vibrant paint jobs like Kierdale. Plus, I love the purple and gold.

I was thinking of using Daemonette Hide > Dechala Lilac for my army in all honesty :lol: I posted the inspiration for my army (Daioude's) in my second post. I wanted to do that colour of purple.

And trust me, the other Noise Marines are DEFINITELY going to be vibrant. Maybe not Death Leppard, but the rest of the squads.

Archived