The Price of Perfection, Gederas' Emperor's Children

Gederas

Their colours are suitably fabulous, nicely done :tu:

Thanks, I showed them to my friend and said "I can't tell, are these guys obnoxious enough color-wise?"

His response:

"Yes

Very much so

They look like a paint shop exploded on them"

:lol:

So all this tells me is I can figure out how to do Noise Marines decently, just gotta go with the most obnoxious colours. There's also a subtle thing as well: All of the Marines have different skin tones as well.

And no pink amongst them aside from one guy's hair.

Nice work. :tu:

If I could offer some advice, I’d say the cloaks could do with more spots.

I may add more later on, but doing those spots with how the cloaks were made me want to gouge my eyes out with the paintbrush :lol:

Nice. Good use of the shield there :tu:

Thanks. I was looking at the gap where the icons normally go and was like "what do I do to hide this?" I looked at the Slaanesh icon from the Vehicle sprue, a banner, nothing fit.

Then I looked at the Hellstriders kit and was like "oh hello" :lol:

No other updates today though. I'm working on the rest of Horn squad, but I took the day off to help a friend rearrange his living room. On horn squad, I just need to paint the helmets of two marines, and the backpacks and sonic blasters of three more.

Nice to see some pink paint. I'd say to go back and paint the soft armor joints on the noise marines legs to differentiate it and break up all that pink.

Also nice to see a titan building up!

Nice to see some pink paint. I'd say to go back and paint the soft armor joints on the noise marines legs to differentiate it and break up all that pink.

Also nice to see a titan building up!

Already painted in the soft armour joints, as I noticed that after I took the picture :lol:

And yes. A Knight Titan is being made for the Emperor's Children.

Nice to see him awake and painted! The helbrute is looking good and if I dare say, that blastmaster is begging for some sweet freehand of filigree or a Slaneeshi mark.

Also, seeing your palatine blade-esque marine with that SG sword just gave me an idea for a pose for another of my EC bodyguards!!

Are there any rules for twin blastmaster on a hellbrute?

it's just two normal blastmasters. Since it's not a "twin" blastmaster, I assume that means that you can choose a different frequency for them.

it's just two normal blastmasters. Since it's not a "twin" blastmaster, I assume that means that you can choose a different frequency for them.

But you can't take blastmaster on an hellbrute, can you? I thought only Noise Marines could take Sonic weaponry... But I love the ideia!

But you can't take blastmaster on an hellbrute, can you? I thought only Noise Marines could take Sonic weaponry... But I love the ideia!

https://m.imgur.com/Cp3wirY

It's in the FW FAQ

Wow, the Helbrute caused a stir :lol:

Nice to see him awake and painted! The helbrute is looking good and if I dare say, that blastmaster is begging for some sweet freehand of filigree or a Slaneeshi mark.

Also, seeing your palatine blade-esque marine with that SG sword just gave me an idea for a pose for another of my EC bodyguards!!

Hmm.... I could possible do some free-hand. Maybe in pink. And I do think a Slaaneshi mark would work on both sides of the Blastmasters

And I didn't intend the Jump-pack Sorcerer to look like a Palatine Blade, but I guess that's what happens when you use the Emperor's Children original scheme with a Sanguinary Guard sword :lol:

Heck yea this thread is sick, loving everything shown here. Especially love the creative use of (what i can only assume is) the deep bitz box. Keep em coming!

It's not actually that deep. A lot of the extra bits are from my FLGS' free bitz box. The Sanguinary Guard bits on my Jump-Pack Sorcerer were yoinked from that bits box actually :lol:

https://m.imgur.com/Cp3wirY

It's in the FW FAQ

And the best thing about it: Because it's TWO Blastmasters and not a TWIN Blastmaster, you can fire them at different targets :lol:

Now, remember Horny Champion? The rest of his squad is now finished:

CH40l2e.jpg

And individual shots:

T2GUsfA.jpg

gCYnhH5.jpgCsPC47c.jpg

aDpWQk9.jpgyLcs9od.jpg

qIOQ7Q3.jpgsLDsS9H.jpg

L0I612D.jpg

d1GQQX7.jpg

That's just were my mind went seeing the sorcerer haha. I've got a body ready to become another bodyguard/palatine blade (NM w/ chainsword) whose in need of some arms but no idea for a pose. Going to see if I have any of those SG swords left and try to make it look like he is going to thrust the sword from behind his shield. Probably not going to come out how imagine it but seeing your many has set me on a course!

The noise marines also look great. Love the mix and madness of colors! Also a great song you've linked there.

That's just were my mind went seeing the sorcerer haha. I've got a body ready to become another bodyguard/palatine blade (NM w/ chainsword) whose in need of some arms but no idea for a pose. Going to see if I have any of those SG swords left and try to make it look like he is going to thrust the sword from behind his shield. Probably not going to come out how imagine it but seeing your many has set me on a course!

The noise marines also look great. Love the mix and madness of colors! Also a great song you've linked there.

Makes sense I suppose :lol:

And thanks! Funniest thing about the horn-squad? Neon Green after the Blastmaster? That's not actually orange. I learned what happens when you wash Emperor's Children pink with Cassandora Yellow :lol:

Lookign good. I particularly like the horns on the blastmaster - how did you do the horns on him? They don't look like a stock head.

Not stock at all. It's the Finecast helmet from the Noise Marine upgrade pack. But the horns? Those are from a Bloodletter :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

No pictures yet, but I've gotten the Leadbelcher undercoat on Calypso's frame in preparation for my next ETL vow.

I've also gotten gas-mask baldies squad of Noise Marines 80% done (just need to do the backpacks and weapons). And I've FINALLY finished assembling all 40 cultists. Gonna prime them all tomorrow.

Archived