Your Emprah needs you! - my GK colour scheme - opinion

skinomyteeth

Hail brothers [sign of the aquila]. I am finally getting round to building my GK forces and would be very grateful for feedback on my chosen colour scheme.

I am going for a 'soft' Mordrak's Ghosts, greyish colour scheme (poor knock-off of the Johnnyhorse theme from his blog on DAKKA) - and want my GKs to look like they sound in legend: flickers of grey/silver astartes, running into battle, taking lots of names and then disappearing before the commissars start asking questions...

I am aiming for a shadowy grey, with enough contrast to see the details on the (awesome old metal) models, and warp charged writing on the armour. The below are slightly different - when you first see all of them lined up against each other, which one do you like best? [1-5 from the left] - and on further scrutiny, which one looks like it would work best on the tabletop?

Very grateful for any and all opinions/ feedback

gallery_98673_13490_30570.jpg

They are looking great! The base color is what is going to make this really stand out. I would go with the red mars ground basing material. Paint up some weathering on them and they will look very nice! 

I've been wondering how I was going to paint my GK and I really like this approach with the soft gray. 

Awesome! That decides it, red base it is then. Was thinking about it having seen some amazing black Templars red bases. What is the best way to do them?

Thanks for the comment.

Use the texture paint.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Texture-Martian-Ironearth-24ML

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Texture-Martian-Ironearth-24ML

Oh man, amazeballs! That's going to save me a lot of time. Thank you.

No problem. I would take a look at their other texture paints as well. You might find you like some of the other ones more. I'm thinking of using snow with my Grey Knights.

Archived