+++Space Marines Outpost+++

What did you use for your basing there Honda? Almost looks like broken plaster?

You're very close. Actually, it's Super Sculpey, something I had left over from a project done many years ago.

Great stuff to work with and it has a lot of uses.

In this case, I rolled out several "pancakes", 4"-5" across and approximately 1/4" thick. I  then baked them and  when  they cooled, it's easy to break them up  to get plenty of "pseudo-slate" for basing. The advantage here is that you don't need a diamond drill when you want to base something on them.

I Colonel Bindoff, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Space Marines of total value 546 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory to the Knights of Corax [Raven Guard] and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

546pts total:

Vanguard Veteran Squad 169pts Jump Pack, Melta bombs

4x 2x Lightning Claw

Veteran Sergeant: Relic blade, Storm shield

Assault Squad 247pts

Jump Packs

5x Marine

Sergeant: Grav-pistol, Melta bombs, Power fist

2xEviscerator

2xFlamer

Land Speeder 130pts: Heavy bolter, Typhoon missile launcher

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14528/med_gallery_95578_14528_261169.jpeg

TDA progress:

Hidden Content
18 decals across the 5 assault TDA. After matting them I’ll be weathering the white.

RT-era veteran sergeant marking (originally a DA one but I cut out the chapter icon...a little roughly as it seems I left some red at the top of one point. Weathering will take care of that).

med_gallery_63428_11269_101060.jpeg

With this squad my 2nd of TDA in the army I gave the sergeant a II on his shoulder (and went back and gave the sergeant of the other a I). And script on his vambrace - a blessing on his hammer, no doubt.

med_gallery_63428_11269_224885.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_11269_85077.jpeg

Trying to add script and the odd honour and/or campaign decal to each as TDA back in the RT days was covered in markings and art to show how ancient and venerated it was.

med_gallery_63428_11269_28258.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_11269_560067.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_11269_405030.jpeg

@Kierdale: It's nice to have back on the right side of the fence. :)

I really like what you've done with your other Mentors, so I'm looking forward to how these guys turn out.

Righto, my original post back on page 3 has been updated to show the bits I'm swapping out (a mace, a plasma pistol and two shoulderpads) and the unpainted bits that are replacing them (a sword, a plasma pistol for the other hand and two entirely different shoulderpads), which taken together should give my Libbys a few different poses. :laugh.:

Progress is slow (by my standards) but nevertheless, I'm feeling pretty good about this. :happy.:

I, Hellstrike, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Space Marines of total value 454 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Guard Chapter and the Ravenspire, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

• Primaris Librarian
  • Tactical Squad (Sgt Power Sword/Plasma Pistol, Missile Launcher, Meltagun)
  • Hellblaster Combat Squad 

pledge

Exactly as Shard said, and besides your first vow leaves you able to make your second at any time! So even if you only have your Hellblasters you have the option to make a second vow anytime before the deadline. Join us in glory, brother!

@Kierdale: It's nice to have back on the right side of the fence. :)

I really like what you've done with your other Mentors, so I'm looking forward to how these guys turn out.

:D It’s strange to be painting something that needs so few colours. And a complete lack of pastels.

I expect that, by the end of the ETL, I’ll be sick of painting things uniformly.

Good progress and new recruits for the Space Marines. However today is the last Sunday before the first Weekly Update! So if you want to be in that first update now is the time to vow! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Disruptor_fe404 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the +Adeptus Astartes+ and vow to complete one (1) Hellblaster Squad comprised of 1 Hellblaster Sergeant with plasma incinerator and plasma pistol and 4 Hellblasters with plasma incinerators of total value 172 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end!

Below is my 'before' picture:

WyfQu3O.jpg

I am planning to mix in some parts from Dark Imperium for variety. I'll be posting progress photos to my WiP thread in the PC&A, but will update here as I finish each model.

Oh my! Everyone's vowed huge amounts... Makes me feel a little bad for my planned vow of a single Hellblaster squad. :unsure.:

Think of it as vowing tactically - getting even small vows completed gives us an increase to our faction's completion rate, and therefore more points overall at the end of the ETL.

Not only will the extra points from the completion be a boon in and of itself, but the completion itself will have a tangible effect on our faction as a whole. :biggrin.:

Besides, as others have said, you can always go big later on if you get time.:happy.:

Disruptor_fe404, on 05 May 2018 - 7:55 PM, said:http://bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_images/carbon_red/snapback.png

Oh my! Everyone's vowed huge amounts... Makes me feel a little bad for my planned vow of a single Hellblaster squad. :unsure.:

Think of it as vowing tactically - getting even small vows completed gives us an increase to our faction's completion rate, and therefore more points overall at the end of the ETL.

Not only will the extra points from the completion be a boon in and of itself, but the completion itself will have a tangible effect on our faction as a whole. :biggrin.:

A victory is reached through the efforts of  everyone involved. We are a team. We all win together. Everyone is important. Always remember that.

Do what  you  can. Others will do what they can.

Together, victory will be ours!

I, CausticCossack, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for the glory of the Imperial Fists chapter of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete a venerable dreadnought with twin lascannon and missile launcher for a total value of 165 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_102945_14542_104043.jpg

Some progress made! Helblasters mostly put together and based, just some shoulder pads left.

27066595357_d3ed891fd1.jpg

I used my likes quota going from the beginning of this thread, apologies for not being supportive of later posts. I'll see if I can catch up over the days.

Archived