+++Space Marines Outpost+++

I Torbenos rise oncemore to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for the glory of the Ultramarines and vow to complete 1 Stormraven Gunship, 1 Land Raider Crusader, 1 Predetor and one Drop Pod of total value 852 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. For the Primarch and the Imperium. 

Predetor 90, Predetor Autocannon 49, x2 Heavy Bolter 20, Stormbolter 2, Total:161

Land Raider Crusader 244, Twin-Linked Assault Cannon 35, x2 Hurricane Bolter 8, Stormbolter 2, Total:289
Stormraven Gunship 172, Twin-Linked Assault Cannon 35, Typhoon Missile Launcher 50,x2 Stormstrike Missile Launcher 42, x2 Hurricane Bolters 8, Total:307
Drop Pod 93, Stormbolter 2, Total:95
Total:852

M8Dl2x4.jpg

DofVtrJ.jpg

I Torbenos rise oncemore to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for the glory of the Ultramarines and vow to complete 1 Stormraven Gunship, 1 Land Raider Crusader, 1 Predetor and one Drop Pod of total value 852 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. For the Primarch and the Imperium.

Predetor 90, Predetor Autocannon 49, x2 Heavy Bolter 20, Stormbolter 2, Total:161

Land Raider Crusader 244, Twin-Linked Assault Cannon 35, x2 Hurricane Bolter 8, Stormbolter 2, Total:289

Stormraven Gunship 172, Twin-Linked Assault Cannon 35, Typhoon Missile Launcher 50,x2 Stormstrike Missile Launcher 42, x2 Hurricane Bolters 8, Total:307

M8Dl2x4.jpg

DofVtrJ.jpg

Predator autocannon is now 40pts as of chapter approved, not 49 as you've listed.

Thought I'd better let you know as we have to use the most current points values.

If you Google "chapter approved adeptus astartes" you can find picture links with the updated points costs :Tu:

I Torbenos rise oncemore to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for the glory of the Ultramarines and vow to complete 1 Stormraven Gunship, 1 Land Raider Crusader, 1 Predetor and one Drop Pod of total value 852 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. For the Primarch and the Imperium.

Predator autocannon is now 40pts as of chapter approved, not 49 as you've listed.

Thought I'd better let you know as we have to use the most current points values.

If you Google "chapter approved adeptus astartes" you can find picture links with the updated points costs :thumbsup:

There are a number of other things in this vow which CA changed too; Stormraven and Twin Assault Cannons went up in price, and Drop Pod went down. So I think the correct value for this vow is actually 871 Points.

I worked it out at 863.

-9 for the pred cannon, -9 for the drop pod, +20 for the raven & +9 for the assault cannons. Means overall +11 to his original total.

Progress picture. More done than these guys, but they are the furthest along. Slower that I would like, but hopefully done soon and in to vow2

Nice work. Are the shoulder icons from Shapeways? They look  lot thicker than I imagined them to.

Libby is done. For some reason the photos are not cooperating like the usually do. 

I'll try again later, but for now 1st part of the vow is done. On to the Mk4 Tactical Squad.

LibFront

Libleft

LibRight

libback

As always, thanks for looking.

I Torbenos rise oncemore to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for the glory of the Ultramarines and vow to complete 1 Stormraven Gunship, 1 Land Raider Crusader, 1 Predetor and one Drop Pod of total value 852 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. For the Primarch and the Imperium. 

OK, following the debate, I'm going for 871pts. Inform me you have a different estimation!

Now the second week is extremely important in the recruitment effort - and the Space Marines seem to be running out of steam. I think that you should step up the recruitment effort - or the advantage recorded in week 1 will evaporate.... Remember, at this stage, recruitment is the singe most important thing!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Cordova, rise to the challenge of the ETL and pledge to complete the following units for the Dark Eagles (Raven Guard).

Success will bring glory to the Astartes.

I will not fail.

5 Sniper Scouts

5 Hellblasters

9 Vanguard Veterans with twin Plasma Pistols (it would be 10, but one is too painted up already...)

For a total cost of 528 points.

med_gallery_68825_13508_482891.jpg

The green is done on the scouts. Weathered it and started on skin today.

med_gallery_63428_11269_782755.jpeg

Then there’s black, metallics, leather and finally the white to do.

And TDA progress (ignore the non-ETL tactical squad. They’re just sleeping on the tray). Green and white is done. I’ll be airbrushing the lightning claws and thunder hammers next.

med_gallery_63428_11269_1808235.jpeg

Planning vow number two - I've got eight Reivers left to paint and am thinking of making them an ETL vow in the hopes I get them done before the year's end.

Problem is, three of them belong to an entirely different Chapter from the other five (Three for the White Hawks, five for the Abyssal Host), so I don't know if they'd still count under the spirit of the rules even if I vow them all as one 8-man squad. :sweat:

If that's a bit iffy, I'll just go with the 5-man squad and finish my Hawks another time. :happy.:

In either case, I've got to dig out the right hats anyhow, so I'll make my vow properly later.

Greeting brothers,

I have made good progress on my vow and have completed all the shoulder pads on my 4 crusader squads. I must admit that batch painting 30+ white pauldrons almost cost me my sanity, but the tough part is over!

I now will be focusing on doing each man individually, aiming to do 1 marine a day every day for a month :)

lAux2RX.jpg

Vow I is completed!

This is my 67pt Lieutenant:

gallery_106102_14509_1001609.jpg

For my second vow, I'm gonna do a 5 Man Tactical Squad with Combi-Grav and Power Sword on the Sergeant and a Grav Cannon for a total of 114 points.

Again, if I fail to finish them before the 1st of August, the Badge of the Oathbreaker shall crest my posts 'til the year is done with.

Here's them right now (Maybe I'll use another bit for the Combi-Grav somewhere along the way - if so, I'll post a pic.):

gallery_106102_14509_263545.jpg

gallery_106102_14509_686881.jpg

Edited to put the actual pics in the spoilers instead of just the links.

Nice work HMA :)

I’m thinking there’s an interesting alliance of opposites here with the Raven Guard and Black Templars ... opposites attract? ;)

Greeting brothers,

I have made good progress on my vow and have completed all the shoulder pads on my 4 crusader squads. I must admit that batch painting 30+ white pauldrons almost cost me my sanity, but the tough part is over!

I now will be focusing on doing each man individually, aiming to do 1 marine a day every day for a month :)

lAux2RX.jpg

I feel you there, my assault squad is probably going to end up Vanguad Vets for that reason :D still slogging through all the red weapon casings on my Crusaders and not looking forward to more of that right now after 30ish. At least with Sword Bretheren I can just go straight black on everything base ;)

I, Cordova, rise to the challenge of the ETL and pledge to complete the following units for the Dark Eagles (Raven Guard).

Success will bring glory to the Astartes.

I will not fail.

5 Sniper Scouts

5 Hellblasters

9 Vanguard Veterans with twin Plasma Pistols (it would be 10, but one is too painted up already...)

For a total cost of 528 points.

med_gallery_68825_13508_482891.jpg

Welcome to the 6th ETL Cordova! Best of luck! :tu:

Planning vow number two - I've got eight Reivers left to paint and am thinking of making them an ETL vow in the hopes I get them done before the year's end.

Problem is, three of them belong to an entirely different Chapter from the other five (Three for the White Hawks, five for the Abyssal Host), so I don't know if they'd still count under the spirit of the rules even if I vow them all as one 8-man squad. :sweat:

If that's a bit iffy, I'll just go with the 5-man squad and finish my Hawks another time. :happy.:

In either case, I've got to dig out the right hats anyhow, so I'll make my vow properly later.

Not iffy at al. You can paint on blue with pink polka dots, the other three orange with purple highlights and the next guy hawk turquoise with incubi darkness helmet and the last three in pre-heresy War Hounds grey. All good s long as you price them properly from the Codex and their load-outs are Codex-legal! :)

Vow I is completed!

This is my 67pt Lieutenant:

gallery_106102_14509_1001609.jpg

For my second vow, I'm gonna do a 5 Man Tactical Squad with Combi-Grav and Power Sword on the Sergeant and a Grav Cannon for a total of 114 points.

Again, if I fail to finish them before the 1st of August, the Badge of the Oathbreaker shall crest my posts 'til the year is done with.

Here's them right now (Maybe I'll use another bit for the Combi-Grav somewhere along the way - if so, I'll post a pic.):

gallery_106102_14509_263545.jpg

gallery_106102_14509_686881.jpg

Edited to put the actual pics in the spoilers instead of just the links.

Well done High Marshal! And a follow-up I see. Good... good!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

img_8020.jpg?w=984

I undeadsoldier rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and vow for the Ultramarines!

I vow to complete:

primaris captain with power fist and plasma pistol

primaris librarian

primaris apothecary

primaris ancient

6 aggressors with bolt storm gauntlets and fragstorm grenade launchers

5 hellblasters w/ plasma incinerators

2 redemptors with macro plasma incinerator, onslaught gatling cannon and 2x storm bolters

2 repressors with twin las cannons, las talon, onslaught gatling cannon, 2 storm bolters and icaraus rocket pod 

and G-man himself!

for a total of 2,193 points

Some fantastic models in here, guys - let's keep the paint flowing and the inspiration running!

Problem is, three of them belong to an entirely different Chapter from the other five (Three for the White Hawks, five for the Abyssal Host), so I don't know if they'd still count under the spirit of the rules even if I vow them all as one 8-man squad. :sweat:

Not iffy at al. You can paint on blue with pink polka dots, the other three orange with purple highlights and the next guy hawk turquoise with incubi darkness helmet and the last three in pre-heresy War Hounds grey. All good s long as you price them properly from the Codex and their load-outs are Codex-legal! :smile.:

THEN IT IS TIME:

I, Acemund Debonair of the Liber Astartes Heraldry Department, answer the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux VI and vow to complete an 8-man Squad of Primaris Reivers with grav-chutes, awesome combat knives and bolt pistols to the value of 160 points (unless my maths is wrong) from Codex Space Marines before the end of August 1st, 2018.

Failure will doom me to bear the intolerable weight of eternal shame, represented by the badge of the oathbreaker, and success will bring glory to The Emperor, the Liber and the Chapters of the Silver Circle.

The unpainted models:

Five Reivers for the Abyssal Host:

gallery_46204_9220_426181.jpg

And three for the White Hawks:

gallery_46204_9220_113388.jpg

EDIT:

Captain Semper - it's funny you should mention Hawk Turquoise... guess what colour the Abyssal Host are?:laugh.:

EDIT EDIT:

Zeal isn't only for our Templar brothers - I can get quite a lot done when I have a day off!

So far, all eight bodies are up to this stage:

gallery_46204_9220_325434.jpg

The turquoise has a dark purple wash over it, which was a bit of a gamble but I think it's paid off magnificently and will look quite spectacular once the Reivers are finished.

The Hawks still need their traditional Agrax Bath, but I ran out of daylight so they'll have to hold on for another day.

More work performed on the legs. Still a few things here and there to do. The bright silver on the "rods" for the legs didn't come out the way I thought so, I'll probably go over them with some AP Plate Metal.

Edged highlights were done by drybrushing a 50/50 mixture of VMC Silver and Brass. It gives you a...nickel looking color that I like.

gallery_15184_7227_790969.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_248413.jpg

I find taking pics of metallics kind of annoying. Obviously, I'm no pictographic remembrancer, so the images are close, but the metal is darker than it looks above. More importantly, I got the varied metallic tones I was looking for. I think it will look good against the armor treatment I have planned.

Now that these guys are at a workable stage, I'll resume efforts on the upper torso. Outside temps in Houston/Katy are starting to get up there, so I'll need to be careful with painting here on in.

"Accept any challenge, no matter the odds!"

ONWARDS BROTHERS!

Archived