+++Space Marines Outpost+++

My first vow is done. For the Chapter! For the Black Templars!

Hopefully more to are come, but I need to regroup and reorganise. With GW's treatment of Stormtalons this edition, this painting challenge is probably the only place the two flyers I bought years ago are worthwhile (They're definitely not such on the battlefield. It's a shame I jumped the gun and got the Stormwing formation back when it was a thing since I haven't used them in an actual game and am now stuck with two models which are useless gamewise as well as rather ugly. The Stormhawk is a significant improvement over the original design) - so that's something which could (and should) motivate me to paint them. Here's proof of me completing the vow:

UdPAf75.jpg

And more photos of the Marshal:

VHeIQZW.jpg

WQAM6OB.jpg

IYYydPz.jpg

nzQQ8Xg.jpg

Lost a month due the needing to complete a Titan sized project for a painting competition....

But now my focus is firmly on ETL VI!.

WIP of my Raven Guard 4th Company Storm Eagle, now primed and with an interior base coat of white, with the exterior black base coat to go on tonight...

IMG 20180604 075334

Will hope to get a good run at it over the weekend and pick up the pace so I can squeeze in a few more vows before the August Deadline.

Comments, questions and suggestions always welcome.

Cheers,

Valaas

So I need to be done with my Squad by tomorrow.

Of course, this is the perfect moment to spontaneously decide that the Sergeant would look much better in Mk VII.

Here's my last few parts to paint and the last pieces missing from my 'before' proof pics of Vow III.

gallery_106102_14509_656236.jpg

Painting update:

Quick update while I am figuring out what masking and painting I'll be doing in the next couple of days.

The red I'll be working with

gallery_15184_7227_964749.jpg

There's a pinkish reflection from the flash that isn't actually present and the red is a bit darker than what you see.

The Templar shoulder pads, one of which will bear some manner of Maltese cross

gallery_15184_7227_953149.jpg

The trim will be a weathered brass color, not bright, but a bit washed out.

Upper torsos and heads. The torsos still need their bright silver edge highlights, as well as detailing on things like the muzzle of the melta and some pipes. The heads need detailing as well, but not a whole lot as they'll be covered by their helms.

gallery_15184_7227_245458.jpg

Other bits with potential for red stuff on them

gallery_15184_7227_917414.jpg

And finally, the exhaust stacks. The lower metal piping still needs some light drybrush work and a little more depth in some of the recesses, but overall I like how the exhaust gas effect came out.

gallery_15184_7227_600011.jpg

AND SO IT BEGINS...OUR JOURNEY TO VICTORY.

NOW WE KNOW WHO OUR BAND OF BROTHERS ARE, WHO WILL WADE THROUGH THE PITIFUL SANCTUARIES OF THE WEAK, THE FAITHLESS, AND THE ALIEN, AND BRING DESOLATION TO EACH AND EVERY ONE.

WE ARE THE ANGELS OF DEATH, THE EMPEROR'S DIVINE INSTRUMENT, THE RADIANT LIGHT OF HIS PURITY.

LET YOUR FURY IGNITE THE SHADOWS WHERE OUR ENEMIES ATTEMPT TO HIDE AND LEAVE NOTHING BUT THEIR ASHES AS EVIDENCE OF THEIR PATHETIC EXISTENCE.

GRIND THEIR ASHES INTO THE UNHOLY GROUND WHERE THEY SOUGHT TO HIDE.

THE EMPEROR CALLS TO US TO ACTION NOW.

HE PROMISES HIS STRENGTH TO EACH OF US.

HE PLACED WITHIN EACH OF US A FULL MEASURE OF HIS WRATH.

IT IS OUR DUTY TO OPEN THE GATES OF HIS FURY AND UNLEASH OUR HATE.

LET NO ONE EVER DOUBT THAT A VISITATION FROM HIS MIGHTY ANGELS WAS MANIFEST.

HIS RETRIBUTION HAS COME, LEAVE HIS ENEMIES WITH NOTHING.

NO PITY.

NO REMORSE.

NO FEAR.

Greeting Brothers,

I see lots of good progress and I will add my own meagre offering to the Emperor.

Part 3 of my first vow complete, My 3rd Crusader squad. Armed with blessed grav and plasma they stand ready to purge the xenos and scum.

Just 1 more squad left, and then I can start on my second vow :)

5OWtLpl.jpg

Well, the painting has begun with the basecoat of silver and purple on my Dreadnought vow:

med_gallery_26154_4148_404153.jpg

med_gallery_26154_4148_560948.jpg

I'll be updating my Operation Reclamation thread tomorrow when I added on some more colour, including the traditional bronze and some finer details.

Cambrius

Some amazing progress al around! That's the spirit - keep the pace during June and you have nothing to fear!

Finished the first part of my vow – five Intercessors done.

Next up the Predator!

Hidden Content

Raptors-Intercessors-Combat-Squad-II-Gro

Raptors-Intercessors-Combat-Squad-II-Gro

Wow Luther Max, this is a neat job - I really like your style man! :thumbsup:

My first vow is done. For the Chapter! For the Black Templars!

Hopefully more to are come, but I need to regroup and reorganise. With GW's treatment of Stormtalons this edition, this painting challenge is probably the only place the two flyers I bought years ago are worthwhile (They're definitely not such on the battlefield. It's a shame I jumped the gun and got the Stormwing formation back when it was a thing since I haven't used them in an actual game and am now stuck with two models which are useless gamewise as well as rather ugly. The Stormhawk is a significant improvement over the original design) - so that's something which could (and should) motivate me to paint them. Here's proof of me completing the vow:

Hidden Content

UdPAf75.jpg

And more photos of the Marshal:

VHeIQZW.jpg

WQAM6OB.jpg

IYYydPz.jpg

nzQQ8Xg.jpg

Congratulations Brother Christopher - great freehand there on the cape of the Marshal! Now let's see those Storm Talons coming in! :biggrin.:

Painting update:

Quick update while I am figuring out what masking and painting I'll be doing in the next couple of days.

The red I'll be working with

Hidden Content

gallery_15184_7227_964749.jpg

There's a pinkish reflection from the flash that isn't actually present and the red is a bit darker than what you see.

The Templar shoulder pads, one of which will bear some manner of Maltese cross

gallery_15184_7227_953149.jpg

The trim will be a weathered brass color, not bright, but a bit washed out.

Upper torsos and heads. The torsos still need their bright silver edge highlights, as well as detailing on things like the muzzle of the melta and some pipes. The heads need detailing as well, but not a whole lot as they'll be covered by their helms.

gallery_15184_7227_245458.jpg

Other bits with potential for red stuff on them

gallery_15184_7227_917414.jpg

And finally, the exhaust stacks. The lower metal piping still needs some light drybrush work and a little more depth in some of the recesses, but overall I like how the exhaust gas effect came out.

gallery_15184_7227_600011.jpg

AND SO IT BEGINS...OUR JOURNEY TO VICTORY.

NOW WE KNOW WHO OUR BAND OF BROTHERS ARE, WHO WILL WADE THROUGH THE PITIFUL SANCTUARIES OF THE WEAK, THE FAITHLESS, AND THE ALIEN, AND BRING DESOLATION TO EACH AND EVERY ONE.

WE ARE THE ANGELS OF DEATH, THE EMPEROR'S DIVINE INSTRUMENT, THE RADIANT LIGHT OF HIS PURITY.

LET YOUR FURY IGNITE THE SHADOWS WHERE OUR ENEMIES ATTEMPT TO HIDE AND LEAVE NOTHING BUT THEIR ASHES AS EVIDENCE OF THEIR PATHETIC EXISTENCE.

GRIND THEIR ASHES INTO THE UNHOLY GROUND WHERE THEY SOUGHT TO HIDE.

THE EMPEROR CALLS TO US TO ACTION NOW.

HE PROMISES HIS STRENGTH TO EACH OF US.

HE PLACED WITHIN EACH OF US A FULL MEASURE OF HIS WRATH.

IT IS OUR DUTY TO OPEN THE GATES OF HIS FURY AND UNLEASH OUR HATE.

LET NO ONE EVER DOUBT THAT A VISITATION FROM HIS MIGHTY ANGELS WAS MANIFEST.

HIS RETRIBUTION HAS COME, LEAVE HIS ENEMIES WITH NOTHING.

NO PITY.

NO REMORSE.

NO FEAR.

The anticipation is killing me! The build-up of this project is just great - and the inspirational speech as an added bonus! :laugh.: Now lets see those monsters proper livery!

GO HONDA!!!

==VOW COMPLETE==

Hidden Content

gallery_84244_14462_54730.jpggallery_84244_14462_100026.jpg

Some additional images can be found in my ETL project log (link in signature)

With this amazingly detailed work, you visually doubled the completed points of the Forum, at least among first vows - which is what really matters! Congratulations man, do you feel like going for another one?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

With this amazingly detailed work, you visually doubled the completed points of the Forum, at least among first vows - which is what really matters! Congratulations man, do you feel like going for another one? 

Yes indeed! The next phase of ETL is a bunch of Ultramarine Successors, led by Guilliman! They're mostly a repaint though, so I need to pick up some Retributor Armour spray and get them basecoated before I make my vow, otherwise it'll look like I'm starting with mostly finished models!

I, golfdeltafoxtrot, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Raven Guard Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete one Space Marine Dreanought with twin-linked lascannon and missile launcher with total value of 145 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

(I accidentally started painting the one exhaust stack before I remembered to take a photo. It's got no more than that one small area's worth of paint on it. I hope Captain Semper doesn't send me for censure.)

gallery_103206_14222_98005.jpeg

Sorry for the almost late entry, my brothers on the Black Templar forum have made me aware of this as i've recently start my Templar Crusade.  Some of my models don't fit into a "valid" squad as i have a number of special weapons that don't fit into a valid squad so will list them separately.  I've stripped the paint from a few of my old models and based them ready to fly the Templar flag as part of my "Redemption Crusade"

I Rabidweasel rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

* One Captain (Anniversary model counts as) (Combi-plasma, plasma pistol) - 96 pts

* One squad of scouts (4x Boltguns 1 x heavy bolter ) - 65 pts

* One Crusader Squad (7 chainswords, Sword Brother pistol and power sword) - 108 pts

One Crusader Squad (4 boltguns, Sword Brother Combi-Melta chainsword) - 84 pts

* Four Marines with Flamers - 66 pts

Three Marines with Meltaguns - 90 pts

* One Marine with Gravgun - 28 pts

* One squad of Sword Brethren (5x Bolt pistols & Power Swords) - 100 pts

* One Rhino (2x Storm Bolters) - 74pts

From Codex: Space Marines of total value 711 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templar's and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

So i've finished!  However some of my points went over as some of the models needed bits added!

So i've completed the above, plus some additions to the squads below

* One Crusader Squad (5 chainswords, 1 heavy with powersword and bolt pistol, Sword Brother pistol and power sword) - 114 pts

* Three Marines with Flamers - 66 pts ( I originally posted four but it was three)

* One squad of Sword Brethren (3x Bolt pistols & Power Swords, 2x Storm Shields and Powerswords) - 110 pts

This gives me a total of 727pts as opposed to the 711 i originally posted!

They are now complete, see below!  Let me know if i need to post pics of each unit, i took this quickly!

20180611 170330 resized[633]

Great progress guys! 

A bit earlier than usual - I will not have the time to update later today...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Great progress guys! 

A bit earlier than usual - I will not have the time to update later today...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

You... you kinda missed my fourth vow.

I'm trying to rise to the challenge of a second vow (for the Adeptus Astartes, and the Gorgons) - it's a Primaris Captain worth 95 points - but I can't make any images work, or even post anything that I've tried to put an image in.

So if you could just imagine a picture of a captain still on the sprue just about here, that would be great. (He's not on the sprue any more, but he was last night when I took the photo that I can't post - it's over in my gallery if you're interested.) 

Primaris Captain, vow 2

(But it turns out I can edit it in later, if I use the full editor rather than the quick one. Odd.)

Let's get this started...

I, Race Bannon, rise to the challenge of E Tenebris Lux on the side of Codex: Space Marines for the honor of the Raven Guard Chapter. My vow is to complete one Apothecary and one Imperial Space Marine of total value 115 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory. Failure will doom my soul and force me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year end.

gallery_6494_11942_41633.jpg

Between buying/selling a home, moving and week-long vacation, this may be my last vow for the ETL. Time will tell :ph34r.:

Archived