+++Space Marines Outpost+++

I Reinhard rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Black Templars of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete an Imperial Knight Castellan armed with two Siegebreaker cannons and two Shieldbreaker missiles for a total value of 604 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end:

gallery_65134_9442_96120.jpg

Captain Semper: As per the newly released codex, the previous vow I have made has dropped considerably in points value, and is down to 328 points now. Is the value of my vow adjusted as the the ETL is still ongoing, or does it retain the points value that was current when the vow was made (and completed)?

Pretty sure it's the "current points values" at the time your vow is made, otherwise it would be ridiculous. Imagine a new Codex coming out in the last week of ETL meaning every previous vow would need recalculating.

VOW 1 COMPLETE!

Raptors-Intercessors-Combat-Squad-II-Gro

Raptors-Predator-2-01.jpg

And just in the nick of time because I have a long weekend free to paint, interrupted only by the odd football game ( :wink: ) and want to sneak a quick second vow in. Too long has my army been headless! It is time to make amends, thusly...

I LutherMax rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the (Raptors Chapter) Space Marines and vow to complete 1x Primaris Captain with master-crafted stalker bolt rifle and power sword of total value 92 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Captain-Tuvor-WIP-01.jpg

Wow, wicked looking Raptors. Just awesome!

Here's a quick update of some painting I got done before we get that rain out of the Gulf. Airbrushing in Houston in the summer is always kind of risky, but what we'll be getting the next few days will make airbrushing more risky than it should be. By pushing through a few tasks, I was able to get these negative mask jobs done ahead of time, letting me focus on some more building.

For this task, I used regular home masking tape (Blue, Home Depot) and then some thinner widths of tape by Testors.

gallery_15184_7227_439347.jpg

Unfortunately, I haven't found any Maltese crosses, so I have to do it myself.

gallery_15184_7227_281970.jpg

And a shield

gallery_15184_7227_415016.jpg

A shoulder pad

gallery_15184_7227_183326.jpg

Sprayed with the base white

gallery_15184_7227_963738.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_429692.jpg

Results

gallery_15184_7227_874080.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_816071.jpg

Kinda what it will look like...

gallery_15184_7227_469030.jpg

Now you can see some paint bleed on the maskings. It's not a perfect process, but those items are fixable and so I'll get to those in a little bit. Overall, I like how they turned out and think my mental visualizations are starting to manifest and not look too bad.

ONWARDS!

I just assumed current points values as an ironclad rule, no questions asked. You bring up a fair point though I suppose.

Have we ever had a previous ETL where point values changed while it was still ongoing?

I'd wait for the formal ruling, but I'm pretty sure Semper said the original vow points would stand as stated by others.

Basically, going back to recalculate things just isn't worth the effort.

Loving this thread!

Honda, when brush painting over masked area, you can go over the tape edges with lahmian medium to seal it and minimise bleeding underneath. Would that work with an airbrush?

Honda, when brush painting over masked area, you can go over the tape edges with lahmian medium to seal it and minimise bleeding underneath. Would that work with an airbrush?

Oh wow, I never would have thought to do that. You can bet I'll be testing that puppy out.

Thank you for the tip!  :thumbsup:

Well, huge progress there guys, we have everything: completions, re-vowing, the lot!

It has been an extremely busy week for me so I have not been around much the last three days... But now I'm putting everything back in place! :smile.:

Captain Semper: As per the newly released codex, the previous vow I have made has dropped considerably in points value, and is down to 328 points now. Is the value of my vow adjusted as the the ETL is still ongoing, or does it retain the points value that was current when the vow was made (and completed)?

Always the value of points at the time of making the vow. I'll be damned if go back and re-adjust all the vows - especially at the rate new Codices come out. If it was correctly priced according to the latest relevant publication at the time of vowing, then that's the value of the vow and cannot be changed.

Wow, wicked looking Raptors. Just awesome!

Here's a quick update of some painting I got done before we get that rain out of the Gulf. Airbrushing in Houston in the summer is always kind of risky, but what we'll be getting the next few days will make airbrushing more risky than it should be. By pushing through a few tasks, I was able to get these negative mask jobs done ahead of time, letting me focus on some more building.

For this task, I used regular home masking tape (Blue, Home Depot) and then some thinner widths of tape by Testors.

Hidden Content

gallery_15184_7227_439347.jpg

Unfortunately, I haven't found any Maltese crosses, so I have to do it myself.

gallery_15184_7227_281970.jpg

And a shield

gallery_15184_7227_415016.jpg

A shoulder pad

gallery_15184_7227_183326.jpg

Sprayed with the base white

gallery_15184_7227_963738.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_429692.jpg

Results

gallery_15184_7227_874080.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_816071.jpg

Kinda what it will look like...

gallery_15184_7227_469030.jpg

Now you can see some paint bleed on the maskings. It's not a perfect process, but those items are fixable and so I'll get to those in a little bit. Overall, I like how they turned out and think my mental visualizations are starting to manifest and not look too bad.

ONWARDS!

Beautiful work Honda, just beautiful! Excellent masking and overall colourations this is turning out to be an amazing piece of work!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

== Second Vow Time ==

I, Halandaar, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux for the glory of the chapters of the Adeptus Astartes. I do vow to complete the following vow before August 1st, 2018.

• Roboute Guilliman
  • Lieutenant Commander Anton Narvaez (Forgeworld)
  • Captain in Gravis Armour with Boltstorm Gauntlet & Master Crafted Power Sword
  • Lieutenant with Master Crafted Auto Bolt Rifle
  • Lieutenant with Power Sword
  • Primaris Ancient with Bolt Rifle
  • Intercessor Squad (10) with Bolt Rifles
  • Intercessor Squad (10) with Auto Bolt Rifles, Auxillary Grenade Launcher and Power Sword
  • Inceptor Squad (3) with Assault Bolters
  • Hellblaster Squad (10) with Heavy Plasma Incinerators
  • Redemptor Dreadnought with Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Fragstorm Launchers & Heavy Flamer

For a grand total of 1927 points. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the “Badge of the Oathbreaker” until the end of the year.

gallery_84244_14462_158914.jpg

Surgery on the shoulder is done and I'm back at painting.

Dude, I know what that is like. I think it was for ETL 3, rotator cuff surgery part way through. Quite the memorable experience. Actually the surgery was fine, the physical therapy used to  make me sweat through everything  I was wearing. The physical therapist just used to smile a lot.

@Halandaar: There's "go big or go home!"  You're going HUGE. You  da man, go for it!

@Reinhard: Very nice soft white and gold combo. :thumbsup:

I posted an update on my Raptors thread but figured I should do the same here.

med_gallery_100599_13796_45321.jpg

I missed in between the treads, so I need to touch that up, then Pin washes and weathering. Next week I'll be out of town for a little bit so there wont be much progress, until I get back I'm afraid.

Well, the Space Marines are keeping the tempo! Not a bad completion rate for this stage of the event at 17% and fine re-vowing rate of 24% they keep up with their rivals and let their numbers do the work! Just keep the pace!

Surgery on the shoulder is done and I'm back at painting. All the Primaris Raptors are underway.

Still have to build my speeders, but have to do a bit of healing first

Wow, surgery on the shoulder! I sure hope you're fully operational now! :tu:

== Second Vow Time ==

I, Halandaar, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux for the glory of the chapters of the Adeptus Astartes. I do vow to complete the following vow before August 1st, 2018.

• Roboute Guilliman
  • Lieutenant Commander Anton Narvaez (Forgeworld)
  • Captain in Gravis Armour with Boltstorm Gauntlet & Master Crafted Power Sword
  • Lieutenant with Master Crafted Auto Bolt Rifle
  • Lieutenant with Power Sword
  • Primaris Ancient with Bolt Rifle
  • Intercessor Squad (10) with Bolt Rifles
  • Intercessor Squad (10) with Auto Bolt Rifles, Auxillary Grenade Launcher and Power Sword
  • Inceptor Squad (3) with Assault Bolters
  • Hellblaster Squad (10) with Heavy Plasma Incinerators
  • Redemptor Dreadnought with Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Fragstorm Launchers & Heavy Flamer

For a grand total of 1927 points. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the “Badge of the Oathbreaker” until the end of the year.

You do go big indeed! :o Good luck man!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Redemptor Dreadnought finished

OQejdWO.jpg

1st Vow finally finished

w5C9TV9.jpg

And now the 2nd vow

I, Tankus Wokus, Rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux for the glory of the Crimson Guard. I do vow to complete the following vow (364 points total) before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the “Badge of the Oathbreaker” until the end of the year.

Primaris Librarian, Force Sword, Bolt Pistol

Primaris Lieutenant, Master Crafted Auto Bolt Rifle, Bolt Pistol 

Primaris Ancient, Bolt Rifle, Bolt Pistol

Apothecary, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword

5x Scouts, Bolters, Bolt Pistols, Heavy Bolter

piVf6hN.jpg

Many Thanks

Surgery on the shoulder is done and I'm back at painting.

Dude, I know what that is like. I think it was for ETL 3, rotator cuff surgery part way through. Quite the memorable experience. Actually the surgery was fine, the physical therapy used to  make me sweat through everything  I was wearing. The physical therapist just used to smile a lot.

HONDA: Exactly what I had done, plus had to reattach a tendon. Luckily it was my left arm. I am NOT looking forward to the physical therapy at all.  I can hold minis to paint (with frequent breaks) which is great, because I have a huge backlog. I WAS hoping to get the speeders built for this challenge before hand. It might still be a week or so before I'm ready for that.

LUTERMAX!!! Those are some wicked looking Raptors!  Doing the chapter proud!! Fabulous job!

The lads got a washing, so the armor is almost done on the marines... now its all detailing. 

ETLwash2.jpg

Archived