+++Space Marines Outpost+++

LUTERMAX!!! Those are some wicked looking Raptors!  Doing the chapter proud!! Fabulous job!

@ rednekkboss – thanks! Here's another one, Captain Tuvor of the IInd, and that's VOW 2 COMPLETE

Raptors-Primaris-Captain-Tuvor-02-768x76

More pics in my plog

My next vow is not particularly efficient points-to-models wise, but I need to get these done for a game.

I LutherMax rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the (Raptors Chapter) Space Marines and vow to complete 5x Scouts with shotguns and sergeant with power fist of total value 67 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Raptors-Scouts-WIP-01.jpg

OK, LutherMax - fixed it!

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

My first vow is complete!

6HjMSHal.jpg
mQnQNQzl.jpg

More pictures on my log in WIP:

For my Second Vow, I'll be making a little larger one to raise my points average:

5 Hellblasters @ 165pts
5 Assault Hellblasters @ 175pts
Primaris Captain w/ Power Fist @ 106pts
2 Primaris Lieutenants @ 148pts
Primaris Ancient @ 69pts
Redemptor Deadnought @ 206pts
Repulsor @ 350pts

Total: 1219 points

SrmWtrZl.jpg
29yQPBCl.jpg

@Reinhard: HOW DO YOU KEEP DOING THAT?!!! Awesome looking.

@MSP: Whoa....excellent warriors, dude, EXCELLENT!

@Cordova: Very nice looking Aggressors, a subtle scheme, but with good recess work and the right spot colors. Well done.

A metals update...

I want an antique looking brass for my metallic rim work. I want it to look beaten, aged, scarred, weathered, anything but bog standard. There are a lot of ways to get there and I did experiment with some, but I like how these parts settled out.

I'm letting them sit for another day and then I'll resume.

gallery_15184_7227_365649.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_88977.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_724905.jpg

Cheers,

I Reinhard rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Black Templars of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete Two Armiger Helverins for a total value of 348 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end:

med_gallery_65134_9442_135846.jpg

Excellent! 

@ Macabre: Quite a second vow there! :tu: Good luck man!

@ Reinhard: THIS IS AWESOME!!! :eek: Amazing work man - and some more Armigers to boot! Impressive, most impressive!

@ Honda: This isi coming along very nicely - huge effort invested there... Keep going brother! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Luthermax: Wow man, Very nice scouts! Are those cadian respirater heads?

I stil have a ton of the old metal scouts and the new plastic ones look like they all had some form of jaw surgery :huh.: :down:  That I obviously don't like :biggrin.:  (we didn't lose the betchers gland for nothing).

Greetz Rinke

Some progress on the Helverins.

gallery_65134_9442_71833.jpg

The distinct jump in quality in the paint job so far on these guys (and the Castellan previously) vs my first vow (the Warglaives) essentially comes down to new paints, new brushes and better primer to some extent. Was really underestimating how much harder not having you main paints up to snuff was making it for me.

Good tools makes all the difference :yes:

@ Luthermax: Wow man, Very nice scouts! Are those cadian respirater heads?

I stil have a ton of the old metal scouts and the new plastic ones look like they all had some form of jaw surgery :huh: :down:  That I obviously don't like :D  (we didn't lose the betchers gland for nothing).

Greetz Rinke

Thanks mate! The heads (and power fist) are from the Tempestus Scions - a great kit! Yeah the scout models are showing their age but upgrading with bits from some newer kits helps a lot. Skitarii Vanguard heads work well too.

Mentor Legion captain (1 of 2) is done!

med_gallery_63428_11269_192280.jpeg

More pics in my army thread :smile.:

I always loved the picture from way back then of the Mentor Marine having his armour put on by a mecahnicus guy. Always nice to see one of them painted here. :)

Here's my Primaris Captain, which means that vow two is complete.

Primaris Captain

He's my first primaris marine, and I really enjoyed painting him - lots of clean details and the like. He's getting an aggressor bodyguard next, but I'm not vowing them as we're now more than halfway through the ETL; with two models under my belt and three in the next lot, the maths doesn't work out well...

Final Squad completed and first vow finished!

35 Black Templar fully painted and based, Pics below:

nY0t3Qz.jpg
RfGcmHl.jpg
piA3NsB.jpg
pfTtHK9.jpg
OSveWD7.jpg
ZEUKWtT.jpg
zVg5krL.jpg
DvPGSu5.jpg
N9sfKdR.jpg

And now the second vow!

I Mordian Glory rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Black Templars and vow to complete 1x Crusdaer Squads (made up for 5 Neophytes, 4 Initiates and 1 sword brother with 5x bolt pistol/chainsword and 5x bolters), 1x Chaplain,1x Captain with storm shield + relic blade and 1x Lt with master crafted bolter + power sword of total value 373 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

wjTo6v7.jpg
xMvWlVc.jpg
lT9VoB7.jpg

There are those who wait patiently in the shadows, hoping to see us fail. They are weak, faithless, and alien. They are unable to stand in our light, the light that the Emperor blessed us with.

But our Emperor gave us many gifts, not the least of which are his Wrath, his Fury, and his everlasting RAGE!

IT IS TIME BROTHERS FOR US TO LOOK UPON OUR OATHS AND RENEW OUR VIGOR, OUR COMMITMENT, AND  OUR ZEAL!

WE HAVE BEEN LIFTED UP INTO HIS LIGHT, LET US DESCEND INTO THE SHADOWS AND BURN THEM FROM THE GALAXY.

LEAVE NOTHING STANDING,

LET NOTHING STAY YOUR SWORD,

LOSE YOURSELF IN THE PURITY OF HIS HATE!

THIS GLORIOUS VICTORY IS OURS FOR THE TAKING!

ONWARDS BROTHERS!

IMPERATOR VULT!

I Brother Christopher rise again to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Black Templars and vow to complete a Captain with a stormbolter and power axe, a Company Champion and an Apothecary for a total value of 199 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

wXIHKD7.jpg

Archived