+++Space Marines Outpost+++

Vow 2 Complete.

gallery_36568_13518_2366.jpg

May I present Reclusiarch Honda of the First Company (For his inspiring speeches of ZEAL that drove me to finish my vows) and Reclusiarch Doesn't have a name yet of the Fifth Company. Not hugely happy with them as they seem a little more... sloppy... then my usual efforts. Don't know why but they seem to. Now to finally paint something other then marines. I think it may be time to re-start my Tale of Eight Armies, but in its new form. My wonderful Warzone projects.

To those that haven't yet finished, keep pushing Brothers! Now is the hour and time to prove your worth and valour to the Imperium and to your Brothers! Oaths you have sworn! Vows you have made! Now forfill them in glorious victory! Join us as we stand triumphant at long last over the foul traitors! IRON AND BLOOD!

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to complete my vow this time :sad.:.  I hate to make excuses, but it was a pretty busy summer with a lot of distractions (both good and bad) and I didn't manage my time well enough.  I don't have enough time tonight to complete the models to the standard that I want them to be, and it would be against the spirit of the event to call them complete when I don't feel that they are.

I do want to say thank you to Semper for running the ETL though!  Even if I bit off more than I could chew, I still got a lot more done than I would have without the ETL!

For the record: I kept my vows small in case something important came up in real life, but it all went along smoothly and I thought I'd make all 5 vows. And some time along the way, I for got to take the 'before'-pics of my third squad, which would have been that fifth vow.

That squad is even finished by now.

Oh well, if we lose to Chaos by around 110 points, you can blame me :whistling:

I shall not be able to deliver a completed vow. I apologise, brothers and sisters.

Well, I for one, shall accept your apology, brother-chaplain. I hope you'll push on to complete the works nonetheless?

Vow Completed.

Busted my hand up pretty bad a month ago means I don't have the dexterity back to paint the chapter symbol right now but they will slowly be added.

However these units have seen the table for 3 games now, so I call them completed.

VowCompleted

church-doors.jpg

ETL VI IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

NO NEW COMPLETIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED PAST THIS POINT!

That was a blast, but it's not over yet! I will go through all the Outposts to make a LAST UPDATE later on and then I need to compile the results and present them in a meaningful manner in the Final Report. This will come in a couple of days along with the relevant badges. 

What I need is, after the LAST UPDATE, for each participant to check his/her status in the first page of his/her Outpost and notify me if there is something amiss so I can correct it. Do that publicly in the Outposts as my inbox is filled and I have no time to clean it up. 

Once you check your status lay back and wait for the final report. If you have any questions feel free to raise them. You can freely discuss the event in your Outpost, post pics of your vows and generally have a great and relaxed time until the Final Report. 

Congratulations to all!

Just ran the numbers quickly and here's the final score for the Space Marine Outpost:

Out of 53,745 points pledged, we managed 33,444 worth of completions that will count towards the final total, which is a 62.2% completion rate.

14,514 of these were in the final week. That's an amazing achievement!

This means an adjusted final score of 20,802.

Disclaimer: Numbers are based on the summary of completions which could be changed and I know there is a small discrepancy between my totals and the week 12 update, that could be my mistake somewhere.

Still, I predict 2nd place after Blood Angels for the Adeptus Astartes Faction scores but we were closing on them.  As for the rest, we'll have to wait as I'm finished with the calculator.

It was very fun participating! The rush of the last 24 hours was unreal - my entry could have done with another hour (or two with the interior being only basically painted grey), but it looked passable and I ran out of time.

Next time I'll need to paint more and organise my time better. A whirlwind in about 10 days is a new personal record.

A huge thank you to Captain Semper and the other organisers.

As an additional thank you I'll try to paint my allied Fallen Angel contingent within the next few months to give the DA some motivation. :wink: It's only 13 models and two are almost done.

Well done everybody!

Participation in the ETL is an amazing achievement regardless of placement - the sheer boost in productivity it inspires in us all is truly epic.

As ever, hats off to Captain Semper for the tremendous amount of work he puts in to make this happen.

Archived