+++Space Marines Outpost+++

Since some of us are posting updates on their progress, here's mine:

Dy8yd3L.jpg

I somehow feel that after I'm done with the Marshal, the remaining 5 Marines are just a formality... even though they outnumber him five to one. Although I treat all my models the same way, HQs somehow always tend to take up more of my time.

Man!

I really love the face.

Very nice done.

Are the crosses decals or freehand?

Greetz

Rinke

Thanks for the recognition and kind words! I must admit, the face turned out nice, considering my usual skills! Everything I do is freehand; I used decals only a couple of times on my vehicles. Basically since the very beginning, I have committed to painting all chapter and/or crusade iconography myself - admittedly, to varying success.

Some amazing vows in here - and especially some very inspiring progress and the first completions being made! Wow! I need to get going now...

...and to only name a few of the last page:

Kisada, that is one fine and crisp layer of painted metal. Incredible.

Tankus Wokus, that's an incredible paint scheme - and you deliver it so damn well. I am highly impressed.

Brother Cristopher, the Marshall could stare down an Eldar Fleet or Tyranid Horde with ease... I like how his halfway relaxed, but really tense pose delivers this feeling of "Oh :cuss".

Honda, I'll definitely follow your progress! I was always intrigued to see how those shoulders will look on an Imperial Knight.

Kierdale, I want to see close-ups of their stubble! And a handy guide, if you would tell me tricks of your trade. ;)

TO EVERYONE WHO IT MAY CONCERN:

I know how stubborn we all probably are and how much we can do in the last few days of the ETL, when the pressure is high and the nights are long, BUT...

This is a long hunt ...and we don't want to see the simple men and women of the Imperium, the disgusting Xenos or the elderly Historians of an Age long gone win! Especially not the damned Traitors and their foul creatures!

So chip away at your vow, if in any way possible!
Any Bolter, Marking or Face painted today, is one you do not need to paint tomorrow!
Look into the Threads of your Brother-Astartes' Chapters for Inspiration and Motivations!
Compliment, Advise and Critique where you can! This is a joined effort.

Most of all: We all are HIS Space Marines... and we shall know no fear!

RikuEru, the stubble/shaving is not too difficult. I went by Duncan’s video tutorial from some time back:

Basically Lamian Medium and a light grey mix, glazed over the skin you’ve already painted. Build it up with coats as necessary. It looks like grey-glazed-over-skin up really close :D but for the tabletop it’s very good. :tu:

Edit: previous examples...

Hidden Content
A task force of the 888th chapter's first and tenth companies, engaging the enemy on the forgeworld of Bellona V.

WIP thread hereFirst Scout Squadmed_gallery_63428_11269_291370.jpgmed_gallery_63428_11269_309839.jpgmed_gallery_63428_11269_199199.jpgmed_gallery_63428_11269_205173.jpgmed_gallery_63428_11269_30582.jpgmed_gallery_63428_11269_101861.jpgmed_gallery_63428_11269_54879.jpgmed_gallery_63428_11269_219384.jpgmed_gallery_63428_11269_171936.jpgmed_gallery_63428_11269_35587.jpgmed_gallery_63428_11269_316619.jpg

I Decimus Felix rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Ultramarines chapter (Adeptus Astartes) and vow to complete 1 Primaris Space Marine Captain (106 pts) on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

https://imgur.com/gallery/sitqlff

Not a huge vow by any means, but I'm strapped for time.

Welcome Decimus Felix, much needed reinforcements at a time where the SMs seem to be running out of steam... Good luck mate! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Valaas rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Codex: Space Marines and vow to complete a ROK Pattern Storm Eagle of total value 407 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me and the Raven Guard 4th Company, eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

IMG 20180514 003828

Cheers,

Valaas

I've initiated recruitment in the WIP subforum. If anyone else wants to join in feel free to do so, though please avoid bogging down threads in ETL recruitment propaganda as it will put people off! :tu:

I Valaas rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Codex: Space Marines and vow to complete a ROK Pattern Storm Eagle of total value 407 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me and the Raven Guard 4th Company, eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Cheers,

Valaas

Welcome to the ETL VI Valaas! I can tell you're a dedicated one with this kit. I understand it's a nightmare to put together! Good luck with it!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

BUT wait ... there is more ...

I, Race Bannon, rise to the challenge of E Tenebris Lux on the side of Codex: Space Marines for the honor of the Raven Guard Chapter.  My vow is to complete one Chapter Champion and one Company Ancient of total value 127 points on or before August 1st, 2018.  Success will bring me eternal glory.  Failure will doom my soul and force me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year end.

N3hrcr0.jpg

Shou 'nuff is!  ^_^

I filed down the Ultr ... chapter symbol that was on it at the time with rudimentary tools and skills :cry:  Time to devote it to the Raven Guard :tu:

Thanks for pointing it out Dwarfin87. Your vow was registered in my spreadsheet but not on the first page here... I guess I was anxious to get everything in place for the weekly update, I forgot to do proper procedure (i.e. first update the first page, then the spreadsheet). :blush.:

It should be ok now! :thumbsup:

I, JAG Templar, rise to the challenge of E TENBRAE LUX for the glory of the Black Templars and vow to complete 5 Primaris Intercessors (grenade launcher and power sword) and 1 Primaris Lieutenant to the total value of 169 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_72111_11908_248102.jpeg

med_gallery_72111_11908_334842.jpeg

TDA bases are decalled and weathered...

med_gallery_63428_11269_1354491.jpeg

...and have legs attached...

med_gallery_63428_11269_90189.jpeg

...next is adding Mars dust to both.

After that I just need to airbrush the weapons and the squad is done.

I like those bases, where are they from? I’m looking for some starship deck plating type bases for an Inquisitorial warband I’m planning.

I like those bases, where are they from? I’m looking for some starship deck plating type bases for an Inquisitorial warband I’m planning.

Thanks.

They’re not bought, though. I make them myself with thick card, wire...the grating is from a hardware store (used for gardening. It’s crappy cheap plastic but takes paint if the base coat is sprayed on) and bits (bolts, grills) from bits-makers here in Japan. I must do a thread about them sometime as likely they’re available online.

Archived