+++Space Marines Outpost+++

Those are sweeeeeeet :)

They remind me of the Aggressors. I didn’t like them at first glance but overtime I’ve grown to really like them. If those puppies perform as well as Contemptors I could definitely see picking a couple up and just doing a House or Freeblades company to support my Warhawks Chapter.

I, golfdeltafoxtrot, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Raven Guard Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete one 5-man Scout Squad with sniper rifles and camo cloaks, and one Librarian with boltgun and force axe, of total value of 188 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_103206_14222_801963.jpeg

gallery_103206_14222_725531.jpeg

It’s not a lot I know, but I’m only just back painting after a long hiatus and I wanted something manageable I have a chance of completing.

Victorus aut Mortis!

And here is the other Captain!

HPzf87l.jpg

Just one day too late to manage squeezing my first vow into the first week too! But with that my first vow lies complete, 581 points to the glory of the Emperor and the Primarch. 

wpfW468.jpg

And with that I am left to consider if I am to dare a second vow, and if so what.

And with that I am left to consider if I am to dare a second vow, and if so what.

"Who dares, wins"

By the Emperor, these :censored: Centurion cables ... :censored:

I mean ... :censored:

:wallbash: 

:furious:

You know ... who needs cables?!  This is the 41st millennium.  These heavy bolters are going to be ubermensch-powered!!

:facepalm:

Welcome golfdeltafoxtrot and congratulations to those who competed their vows!

Now this is still the recruitment period, so new participants make haste! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Not much progress to report (mostly base coats on my mini's). Just updating to keep myself honest and push myself to work on my vow while still taking my time on each mini.

Centurions are almost finished

28138938028_f63c68c0ca_c.jpg

40204745800_0a1c09375a_c.jpg

The "jump" Chaplain is coming along as well

41953443331_4d63e4eb8e_c.jpg

Great work by everyone so far! The Frater are really giving me tons of inspiration this ETL :wink: 

Ok so I’ve had a look through the topics and haven’t yet seen this asked and answered, so....

Index Imperium 1 isn’t listed as eligible but there are still some Space Marines in there that are battle legal. The example in my mind is honour guard; they appear in the codex as a unit of two with power axes.

If, hypothetically, everyone’s favourite purple colonel had discovered a unit of three HG with a power axe and two power swords which are primed and sitting at the back of a cupboard, should I:

A) vow a unit of three (as this is ‘list legal’ for the tabletop) and price according to the codex

B) vow a unit of two and replace a sword for an axe (so as per the codex entry)

I guess the same would apply for thugs like a termie librarian who can have a storm shield in the index but not in the codex.

Dreaming of the second vow whilst at work and unable to paint, FYI

The Codex is the list you should be going by. I’m also at work so I have no ready access to the Index/Codex but the idea is that, for the ETL, you should follow the Codex. If you already modeled the minis with the equipment legal under the Index but not so under the Codex then no worries. Just say the sword “counts as” an axe and don’t try to disassemble your mini (unless you want to).

...and looking quite awesome looking, I might add.

You left that bit out. :)

Thanks Captain, I’ll vow three but count points for two then? So the third would be just personal keep the faith style?

With a minor conversion (extra blade), one of your sword guys could be a Chapter Champion!

Anyway thanks for asking, the Honour Guard thing affects one of my future vows so good to have clarity on that (I have 4 with Relic Blades that I figured were ETL -legal as you can still field them in games)

Thanks Captain, I’ll vow three but count points for two then? So the third would be just personal keep the faith style?

With a minor conversion (extra blade), one of your sword guys could be a Chapter Champion!

Good point!

...and looking quite awesome looking, I might add.

You left that bit out. :smile.:

You know what the best bit is though?

There's almost no battle damage on the back of them.

Meaning that through all that war and all that punishment endured those centurions are still yet to turn their back on a foe.

I might not be a son of Dorn, but I can certainly appreciate that level of grit and tenacity! :biggrin.:

Anyway thanks for asking, the Honour Guard thing affects one of my future vows so good to have clarity on that (I have 4 with Relic Blades that I figured were ETL -legal as you can still field them in games)

Sadly I have a chapter champion. Great idea though; I did briefly think paint as a lieutenant for the ETL6 then redo his hat, but seems dishonest somehow!

Archived