+++Space Marines Outpost+++

I undeadsoldier rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and vow for the Ultramarines!

I vow to complete:

primaris captain with power fist and plasma pistol

primaris librarian

primaris apothecary

primaris ancient

6 aggressors with bolt storm gauntlets and fragstorm grenade launchers

5 hellblasters w/ plasma incinerators

2 redemptors with macro plasma incinerator, onslaught gatling cannon and 2x storm bolters

2 repressors with twin las cannons, las talon, onslaught gatling cannon, 2 storm bolters and icaraus rocket pod

and G-man himself!

for a total of 2,193 points

:eek: What a vow! Welcome to ETL VI undeadsoldier and good luck with your Primaries there. And Guilliman! :yes:

Some fantastic models in here, guys - let's keep the paint flowing and the inspiration running!

Planning vow number two - I've got eight Reivers left to paint and am thinking of making them an ETL vow in the hopes I get them done before the year's end.

Problem is, three of them belong to an entirely different Chapter from the other five (Three for the White Hawks, five for the Abyssal Host), so I don't know if they'd still count under the spirit of the rules even if I vow them all as one 8-man squad. :sweat:

If that's a bit iffy, I'll just go with the 5-man squad and finish my Hawks another time. :happy.:

In either case, I've got to dig out the right hats anyhow, so I'll make my vow properly later.

Not iffy at al. You can paint on blue with pink polka dots, the other three orange with purple highlights and the next guy hawk turquoise with incubi darkness helmet and the last three in pre-heresy War Hounds grey. All good s long as you price them properly from the Codex and their load-outs are Codex-legal! :smile.:

THEN IT IS TIME:

I, Acemund Debonair of the Liber Astartes Heraldry Department, answer the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux VI and vow to complete an 8-man Squad of Primaris Reivers with grav-chutes, awesome combat knives and bolt pistols to the value of 160 points (unless my maths is wrong) from Codex Space Marines before the end of August 1st, 2018.

Failure will doom me to bear the intolerable weight of eternal shame, represented by the badge of the oathbreaker, and success will bring glory to The Emperor, the Liber and the Chapters of the Silver Circle.

The unpainted models:

Five Reivers for the Abyssal Host:

And three for the White Hawks:

EDIT:

Captain Semper - it's funny you should mention Hawk Turquoise... guess what colour the Abyssal Host are?:laugh.:

EDIT EDIT:

Zeal isn't only for our Templar brothers - I can get quite a lot done when I have a day off!

So far, all eight bodies are up to this stage:

The turquoise has a dark purple wash over it, which was a bit of a gamble but I think it's paid off magnificently and will look quite spectacular once the Reivers are finished.

The Hawks still need their traditional Agrax Bath, but I ran out of daylight so they'll have to hold on for another day.

Hey, turquoise is a very friendly colour for base coating... ;)

More work performed on the legs. Still a few things here and there to do. The bright silver on the "rods" for the legs didn't come out the way I thought so, I'll probably go over them with some AP Plate Metal.

Edged highlights were done by drybrushing a 50/50 mixture of VMC Silver and Brass. It gives you a...nickel looking color that I like.

Hidden Content

gallery_15184_7227_790969.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_248413.jpg

I find taking pics of metallics kind of annoying. Obviously, I'm no pictographic remembrancer, so the images are close, but the metal is darker than it looks above. More importantly, I got the varied metallic tones I was looking for. I think it will look good against the armor treatment I have planned.

Now that these guys are at a workable stage, I'll resume efforts on the upper torso. Outside temps in Houston/Katy are starting to get up there, so I'll need to be careful with painting here on in.

"Accept any challenge, no matter the odds!"

ONWARDS BROTHERS!

Hey this aged iron look is spectacular! Well done Honda, this progresses beautifully!

Started to test out my Executioner paint scheme.

Hidden Content

53i1gcY.jpg

That blueish dark metal is amazingly executed... Keep it!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Damn Tankus that’s some sweet half and half Brother. :D

Props to the UndeadSoldier laying down the smack for the Ultramarines.

*cough*Ishagu*cough* ;)

Some really incredible work being done here, brothers.:biggrin.:

When the call to arms sounds, the greatest warriors of the Imperium are answering in fine form!

I cannot wait to see all of these models completed! :happy.:

Alright... Time to get my vow in, here we go...

I, robofish7591, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Iron Hands and the Space Marines and vow to complete...

An apothecary for 55 points
A five man squad of thunder hammer and storm shield assault terminators for 235 points
A ten man tactical squad with a flamer, missile launcher, and a sergeant with chainsword and storm bolter for 192 points
An ironclad dreadnought with ironclad assault launchers, two hunter killer missiles, a seismic hammer, dreadnought close combat weapon, storm bolter, and heavy flamer for 164 points
A second ironclad dreadnought with ironclad assault launchers, two hunter killer missiles, a dreadnought chainfist, hurricane bolter, and heavy flamer for 170 points
A whirlwind with a storm bolter and vengeance launcher for 106 points
And three predators, each with a predator autocannon, storm bolter, hunter killer missile, and two heavy bolters for 158 points each
for a total of 1396 points...

...on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom my weak flesh to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year-end

Also, I seem to have misplaced my chapter approved. I used battlescribe to tally the points but I have noticed battlescribe can be wrong sometimes. If someone could double check my points total I would appreciate it!

med_gallery_84735_14319_888051.jpg

I have also swapped the storm bolter on the hurricane ironclad with a heavy flamer as I realized that the storm bolter was an illegal choice while tallying my points up!

Also ignore the extra flamer dude, he sneaked into the picture and I still have three bolter tacticals to build out of the sprues below...

med_gallery_84735_14319_29227.jpg

Thanks Draco’s I paint fast. I think I did three 3k vows last etl. I feel kind of bad not vowing for chaos again but I’m just in an ultramarines mood.

TRAITOR!!!!!

Good luck ;)

Since some of us are posting updates on their progress, here's mine:

Dy8yd3L.jpg

I somehow feel that after I'm done with the Marshal, the remaining 5 Marines are just a formality... even though they outnumber him five to one. Although I treat all my models the same way, HQs somehow always tend to take up more of my time.

I, Dwarfin87, rise to the challenge of E TENBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete a ten men Ultramarine scout squad with camo cloaks of the total value of 180 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

I'm starting slow since I have not painted since 5th Edition. I'll probably add more as time progresses. I calculated points with the new Codex (11 for unit, 4 for each sniper rifle and 3 for each camo cloaks), if I did not do it correctly let me know lol.

med_gallery_107942_14582_1260265.jpg

Yes, it always makes me happy (and somewhat proud) whenever this happens! Welcome to the B&C and the ETL Dwarfin87, good luck with your vow - don't hesitate ask any questions! 

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Decimus Felix rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Ultramarines chapter (Adeptus Astartes) and vow to complete 1 Primaris Space Marine Captain (106 pts) on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

https://imgur.com/gallery/sitqlff

Not a huge vow by any means, but I'm strapped for time.

Since some of us are posting updates on their progress, here's mine:

Dy8yd3L.jpg

I somehow feel that after I'm done with the Marshal, the remaining 5 Marines are just a formality... even though they outnumber him five to one. Although I treat all my models the same way, HQs somehow always tend to take up more of my time.

Man!

I really love the face.

Very nice done.

Are the crosses decals or freehand?

Greetz

Rinke

Archived