+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

+++BLOOD ANGELS OUTPOST+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_02_Forum_ASTARTES_BA.jpg

Welcome to the Blood Angels Outpost. Blood Angels belong to the “Adeptus Astartes” Faction.

HERE IS WHERE YOU MUST POST YOUR VOWS

Here you must also post your “before” and “after” pics of your vows as well as any WIP you may want to share. You may also use this thread to discuss the progress of the event with your fellow participants, exchange ideas, offer and receive modelling/painting advice and generally have some ETL–related fun!

You can draw units from the following lists:

- Codex Blood Angels: All units

- Imperial Armour Index – Forces of the Space Marines: All units with the <Chapter> keyword

- Imperial Armour Index – Forces of the Astra Militarum:

• All units from the Questor Imperialis list
  • All units from the Adeptus Titanicus list

- Index Imperium 2:

• All units from the Questor Imperialis list
  • All units from the Fortifications list

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALWAYS USE THE LATEST PUBLICATION TO SELECT AND PRICE YOUR UNITS
This means that the Index lists are good until the Codex is released (in which case the Index list becomes obsolete and cannot be used by anyone). Also, FAQs that come in the wake of a particular Codex (or other publication) take precedence over the Codex (or other publication). Also, any PDF releases by either Games Workshop or Forge World are also admissible (even if experimental) until an official publication that contains them is released. 

Before you post you vow make sure you familiarise yourself with the ETL VI rules. You can find a link to the ETL VI rules below: 

ETL VI RULES

+++FOR THE ANGEL AND THE EMPEROR!+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_Top_Banner_.jpg

++List of Participants++

Aothaine: Vow 1 (103) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (111)
Arkhanist: Vow 1 (449)
Bishoujo: Vow 1 (466)
BluejayJunior: Vow 1 (865) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (411) COMPLETE
Brother Aether: Vow 1 (407) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (483) COMPLETE
bother_b: Vow 1 (144) COMPLETE
Brother Carn: Vow 1 (262) COMPLETE
Brother Lemartes: Vow 1 (1,483) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (412) COMPLETE
bushman101: Vow 1 (276) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (447) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (1,121) COMPLETE
CaptainHelion: Vow 1 (863) COMPLETE
Charlo: Vow 1 (980) COMPLETE
Chaplain Gunzhard: Vow 1 (170) COMPLETE
Closet Skeleton: Vow 1 (351) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (645) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (547) COMPLETE
Daemonifugue: Vow 1 (1,013) COMPLETE
Dont-Be-Haten: Vow 1 (129) COMPLETE
Ekfud: Vow 1 (583) COMPLETE
Grazcruzk: Vow 1 (350) COMPLETE
Indefragable: Vow 1 (1,300) COMPLETE
james71989: Vow (3,819) COMPLETE
Jolemai: Vow 1 (379) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (1,026) COMPLETE | Vow  3 (120) COMPLETE
Kaese: Vow 1 (902) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (721) COMPLETE
Lord Ranulf: Vow 1 (535)
Lynnean: Vow 1 (473) COMPLETE
Majkhel: Vow 1 (851) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (1,111) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (784) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (116) COMPLETE | Vow 5 (98) COMPLETE
Mandaloriano: Vow 1 (656) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (793)
Mightykin: Vow 1 (231)
Mr Yellow: Vow 1 (1,140) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (1,325) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (1,448) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (423) COMPLETE
Ornithologist: Vow 1 (595) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (1,331) COMPLETE
Paladin777: Vow 1 (387) COMPLETE 
Schwills: Vow 1 (1,140)
sfPanzer: Vow 1 (224)
Silas7: Vow 1 (226) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (111) COMPLETE
Slothysaur: Vow 1 (257) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (215) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (530) COMPLETE
SM1981: Vow 1 (166) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (1,035)
Soulhunter1995: Vow 1 (165) COMPLETE
Spagunk: Vow 1 (517) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (966) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (384) COMPLETE
Spyros: Vow 1 (165) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (563) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (273)  COMPLETE | Vow 4 (129) COMPLETE
The4thHorseman: Vow 1 (459) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (348) COMPLETE
Thoridon: Vow 1 (1,468) COMPLETE | Vow (143) COMPLETE
Ultra kblock: Vow 1 (279) COMPLETE
Venerable Jazzman: Vow 1 (366) COMPLETE
Xenith: Vow 1 (1,186) COMPLETE
Zebulon: Vow 1 (256) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (473) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (574) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (186) COMPLETED | Vow 5 (166) COMPLETE
Zeller: Vow 1 (252)

OOC Vows
Trawling Cleaner: Vow 1  COMPLETE

Death Company and Feast of Blades

gallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Following the ETL in September is the From Rage to Salvation event. As is our way, those who fail their ETL vows (and thus gain the Oathbreaker badge of shame) will form the B&C Death Company. Their entry to the RTS will be automatic and they will have a final chance to complete their vow before the year is out and thus, gain salvation by casting aside their Oathbreaker badge early.

Feast of Blades will run at the end of the year for many of our HQs painted during the ETL (and given the amount mustered during the Blood & Zeal event, many of us should have a suitable choice). It is simply an arena of death style event but the only way you can get in on the fun is the complete an eligible HQ choice during this ETL or the forthcoming RTS. If you're interested, follow the above link and make sure your vow is completed!

Get posting, we're live!

Vow template:

I [Display Name] rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the [Forum] and vow to complete [insert units’ description here] of total value [insert total points’ value of the vow here] on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Official Oath of Moment badge:

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpg

Our BA Oath of Moment badge:

gallery_62972_14467_40478.png

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14467/gallery_62972_14467_40478.png

Many thanks to Mandaloriano!

I Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of this name rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete Razorback with twin lascannon, hunter-killer missile, storm bolter; Chaplain; Chaplain with plasma pistol; Chaplain in Terminator Armour of total value 379 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_62972_9848_158042.jpg

Tracks and extras on another sprue out of shot.

I spagunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete...

1 tactical squad with heavy flamer, flamer and combi-flamer

1 tactical squad with plasmagun, combi-plasma and multi-metla

1 scout squad with 4 sniper rifles, camo cloaks and one bolter

1 captain with plasma pistol and power sword

of total value 517 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_40907_9492_87937.jpg

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete a Contemptor Dreadnought with a Kheres-pattern assault cannon & a DCW with combi-bolter of total value 165 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

ETL6 Vow1

ps: Are we supposed to put on our signature the ETL Oath of Moment badge? 

I MAJKHEL rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

1 Captain in TDA armor with Thunder Hammer and Storm Bolter,
2 5-man Intercessor squads, each with bolt rifles, 1 Auxiliary grenade launcher and Chainswords-bearing Sergeants,
1 5-man Devastator squad with 3 Plasma Cannons, 1 Lascannon, Armorium Cherub and bolter-armed Sergeant,
1 Contemptor Dreadnought with Kheres Assault cannon, combi-bolter and Dreadnought Combat Weapon,
1 Whirlwind with Vengeance launcher
1 Razorback with Twin Assault Cannon

of total value 851 pts on or before August 1st, 2018.
Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

med_gallery_105306_14251_1651772.jpg

I paladin777, first of this name rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete two 5 man squads of intercessors with auxiliary launchers and sergeant power swords, one lieutenant with a power sword and Storm Bolter, and a jump Librarian with force axe and Melta pistol for a total of 387 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_95687_14212_1254043.jpeg

I have confirmation from Captain Semper that this is an acceptable starting point.

med_gallery_95687_14403_557715.jpeg

med_gallery_95687_14403_606467.jpeg

Updated with the official Oath of Moment badge that you can place in your signature.

Get posting, we're live!

Vow template:

I [Display Name] rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the [Forum] and vow to complete [insert units’ description here] of total value [insert total points’ value of the vow here] on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Official Oath of Moment badge:

I've also updated my vow with an image. Don't forget to add yours as soon as possible!

I spagunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete...

1 tactical squad with heavy flamer, flamer and combi-flamer

1 tactical squad with plasmagun, combi-plasma and multi-metla

1 scout squad with 4 sniper rifles, camo cloaks and one bolter

1 captain with plasma pistol and power sword

of total value 517 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_40907_9492_87937.jpg

Damn that looks tough. Are you using an airbrush or any new techniques?

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete a Contemptor Dreadnought with a Kheres-pattern assault cannon & a DCW with combi-bolter of total value 165 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Yes! You can add your Oath of Moment right away; having entered you have the right to wear it for eternity. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Contemptor :smile.:

I MAJKHEL rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

1 Captain in TDA armor with Thunder Hammer and Storm Bolter,

2 5-man Intercessor squads, each with bolt rifles, 1 Auxiliary grenade launcher and Chainswords-bearing Sergeants,

1 5-man Devastator squad with 3 Plasma Cannons, 1 Lascannon, Armorium Cherub and bolter-armed Sergeant,

1 Contemptor Dreadnought with Kheres Assault cannon, combi-bolter and Dreadnought Combat Weapon,

1 Whirlwind with Vengeance launcher

1 Razorback with Twin Assault Cannon

of total value 851 pts on or before August 1st, 2018.

Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

med_gallery_105306_14251_1651772.jpg

Have to say, that's a nice sized vow for your first ever ETL pledge. I'm not sure I've seen your painting style yet - do you paint BA Chapter, BA Successor, or BA homebrew?

I paladin777, first of this name rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete two 5 man squads of intercessors with auxiliary launchers and sergeant power swords, one lieutenant with a power sword and Storm Bolter, and a jump Librarian with force axe and Melta pistol for a total of 387 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

I have confirmation from Captain Semper that this is an acceptable starting point.

Any chance of a 777 vow at all? :teehee:

I know it looks simple but how did you do your Lieutenant's storm bolter?

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete a Contemptor Dreadnought 

Yes! You can add your Oath of Moment right away; having entered you have the right to wear it for eternity. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Contemptor :smile.:

It is just a very nice simple model. It will be a 1st company Dreadnought, probably called Aeneas.

"Aeneas is the Latin spelling of Greek Αἰνείας (Aineías). In the Homeric Hymn to Aphrodite, Aeneas is first introduced with Aphrodite naming him Αἰνείας (Aineías) for the αὶνóν ἄχος ("terrible grief") he caused her, where Aineías derives from the adjective αὶνóν (ainon, meaning "terrible").[3] It is a popular etymology for the name, apparently exploited by Homer in the Iliad.[4] Later in the Medieval period there were writers who held that, because the Aeneid was written by a philosopher it is meant to be read philosophically.[5] As such, in the "natural order", the meaning of Aeneas' name combines Greek ennos ("dweller") and demas ("body"), which becomes ennaios, meaning "in-dweller" (i.e. as a god inhabiting a mortal body).[6] However, there is no certainty regarding the origin of his name."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeneas

Any chance of a 777 vow at all? :teehee:

I know it looks simple but how did you do your Lieutenant's storm bolter?

I trimmed and filed two opposing side assault bolters leftover from the plasma inceptors I built so I could glue them together side by side. After that, I glued them on an arm where I had cut off a bolt pistol.

I Mandaloriano, rise to challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Angels Encarmine and Vow to complete:

One Land Speeder with Multi-Melta x2 (124 Pts)
One Land Speeder with Heavy Bolter and Assault Cannon (102 Pts)
One Predator Baal, with Assault Cannons, Hunter Killer Missile and Two Heavy Bolters (170 Pts)
One Vindicator, wirh Hunter Killer Missile (131 Pts)
One Captain with Jump Pack, Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer (129 Pts)

of a total value 656 Pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_70994_14469_609076.jpg

gallery_70994_14469_366864.jpg

Damn that looks tough. Are you using an airbrush or any new techniques?

Not really. The idea is to get a big vow that I know I can do in 3 months. Anything more than that is dependent on time and which models I end up do. For instance, I have one parcel that is 5 JP assault marines plus a stormraven which is probably a month's work or another parcel which is 7 sternguard and 5 vanguard. Another one is just characters so I have options. Most of these are close to 500pts each so if I find I have plenty of time, I'll bust through them. If not, I'll pick whatever I think is going to take the smallest amount of time.

I BluejayJunior rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels chapter of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete

Captain in Terminator armor with Relic blade and stormbolter

Primaris Lieutenant with power sword

Scout squad (5 man) with CCW

Tactical squad (10 man) with Sgt (power sword, combi-melta), meltagun, and multimelta

Aggressor squad with auto boltstorm gauntlets

Devastator squad with 2 lascannons, 2 missile launchers, and stormbolter with armorium cherub

Razorback with twin lascannon, stormbolter, hunter-killer missile

of total value 865 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

ETL Vow 1

I Lord Ranulf, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete: Chaplain with Jump Pack; Lieutenant with Combi-Melta; 9-Man Death Company with Jump Packs and Power Fist; 10-Man Tactical Squad with Multi-Melta and Meltagun of total value 535 Points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

I252GyH.jpgET1MNdX.jpg

-Ran

I bushman101,rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:
Inceptors (3 with assault bolters)
Chaplain
Primaris Ancient
of a total value of 276 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/233356-20180501-002709/

It is not compulsory - but you can if you want to! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Ekfudrise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete Lemartes, Chaplain with Jump pack and 16 Jump pack Death Company of total value 583 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

*To check - one of the DC (top left) has already had power sword airbrushed... if that detail is too far, can remove from the submission.

DC group 2

DC group 1

DC accessories

Points check:

DC w/JPs x16 = 320; wargear = 44 [Total = 364]

Lemartes = 129

Chaplain = 90

Total vow = 583

I Kaese rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

Captain: Jump Pack, Storm shield, Thunder hammer
Chaplain: Bolt pistol
Commander Dante
Librarian in Terminator Armour: Combi-melta, Force axe
Lieutenant: Jump Pack, Master-crafted boltgun, Power fist
Sanguinary Priest: Bolt pistol, Chainsword
Furioso Dreadnought: Frag cannon, Furioso fist, Meltagun

of total value 902pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_104948_14179_444147.jpg

I will add the picture when I have the chance. Would have preferred this to start on 14th, as I won’t have any time to work on these next couple of weeks. Work trip to Chicago really messes up the hobby :smile.:

EDIT: Photo added

Archived