+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Best of luck everyone! If I had any confidence in my painting I'd vow something small but without some guidelines on what could be considered 'finished' it's best I cheer from the stands.

May the angel guide your brushes.

Indeed, finished is at whatever level you deem it to be. We're not all super-duper painters but we're still joining in to decrease our backlog and hopefully push the BAs to greatness once more. Every little vow helps and by doing so, you get to take part in a vast painting movement which over the years has shown to be an excellent source of motivation, inspiration, and guidance.

Make a vow, post WIPS, ask advice, and immerse yourself in the event. It will do wonders for your confidence (well, it does for mine) :)

I Ornithologist rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 1 Captain with Jumpack and Lightning Claws, 4 Scout units and 2 Intercessor Units of total value 595 points/32 PL on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Pictures to be posted tomorrow, before I get started.

- Picture to be placed here - 

I will be putting in a 2nd Vow, once these are done. However, some parts are still in the mail and I don't want to vow things I can't touch yet.

I might need a quick tutorial on uploading pics here, or do I just get a photobucket going?

Looking forward to the pictures and all the best with a nicely rounded vow :tu:

Feel free to ask if you still struggle with the gallery after following Semper's link :)

Best of luck everyone! If I had any confidence in my painting I'd vow something small but without some guidelines on what could be considered 'finished' it's best I cheer from the stands.

I know some people are only planning on doing the minimum tournament 3 colour standard, i.e. literally the miniature has 3 different base colours on it, no shading or highlighting. As long as you're painting them to the level you'd put on a game table, then you're good. 

One common tactic for painting an army is to do something like that; get the whole army to a minimum painted state. Then do another round of detailing on the whole army, and finally put some depth and focus onto the characters as focal points.

Trying to paint the entire army to your highest standard for characters takes most people years, and often end up with some units painted really well, and a huuuuge pile of grey plastic. I speak from experience here.

I've one more death company marine to put together then I'm doing a small initial vow; I massively overthink painting and am hugely slow, and hence have literally sprues from 2003 still in boxes. Hopefully the ETL will get me a little further forward!

If I hadn't seen the Manta vow in the T'au Outpost I'd be shocked about the storm bird and thunderhawk vow ... you crazy people. :D

note to self: finally finish moving so I can take pictures and make my vow

If my warlord reaver and warhound titan werent already painted id vow them for the blood angels too

I james71989 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the blood angels and vow to complete sokar pattern storm bird and thunderhawk of total value 1535 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Link to start pictures Warhammer super heavy flyers https://imgur.com/gallery/5ch54un

These numbers are wrong. Post Chapter Approved the points for the Stormbird is 2311 and the Thunderhawk is 1448 (+60 if you are painting hellstrike missiles).

Total is 3759 (3819 with the missiles).

I know some people are only planning on doing the minimum tournament 3 colour standard, i.e. literally the miniature has 3 different base colours on it, no shading or highlighting. As long as you're painting them to the level you'd put on a game table, then you're good.

One common tactic for painting an army is to do something like that; get the whole army to a minimum painted state. Then do another round of detailing on the whole army, and finally put some depth and focus onto the characters as focal points.

Trying to paint the entire army to your highest standard for characters takes most people years, and often end up with some units painted really well, and a huuuuge pile of grey plastic. I speak from experience here.

I've one more death company marine to put together then I'm doing a small initial vow; I massively overthink painting and am hugely slow, and hence have literally sprues from 2003 still in boxes. Hopefully the ETL will get me a little further forward!

Pretty much agree with all that as it's certainly the case with me. That said, if you immerse yourself and get involved, the ETL certainly can kick you into gear and give you that motivation you need - we've seen it before here and on other events such as Blood & Zeal :)

I james71989 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the blood angels and vow to complete sokar pattern storm bird and thunderhawk of total value 1535 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Link to start pictures Warhammer super heavy flyers https://imgur.com/gallery/5ch54un

These numbers are wrong. Post Chapter Approved the points for the Stormbird is 2311 and the Thunderhawk is 1448 (+60 if you are painting hellstrike missiles).

OK, I'm updating this to 3,819. James, let me know on the missiles thing.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Alright, I won't be able to start working on it until next week due still being busy moving but just to get the first vow in (don't worry, I'll finish it :P ).

I sfPanzer rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete a Gravis Captain and 5 Intercessors with Bolt Rifle for a total value of 224 points on or before August 1st, 2018.

Success will bring eternal glory to me, the Knights of Baal and the Blood Angels. Failure will doom me to wear the badge of Oath-breaker until the year-end.

R9AN4n6.jpg

(don't mind the Hellblaster on the sprue, those will come later :P )

I, Daemonifugue, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 1 Land Raider Redeemer (storm bolter), 1 Razorback (twin assault cannon and hunter killer), 1 Razorback (twin lascannon), 1 Hunter, 1 Vindicator and 1 Stormtalon (twin assault cannon and stormstrike missiles) for a total value of 1013pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory to the Flesh Eaters chapter and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14515/med_gallery_65393_14515_1004937.jpg

Time to get this show on the road then!

I Schwills rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Sons of Sanguinius and vow to complete:

1 x Land Raider Excelsior 428pts
1 x Rhino Primaris 170pts 
1 x Assault Squad, 8 men, 2 melta guns, Jump packs, No Upgrades for the Sergeant 162pts
2 x Predator, Twin Las, 2x Las 380pts

Total Points: 1140pts

This shall be done on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end!

IMG 2448

IMG 2445

IMG 2447

IMG 2446

OK, I'm updating this to 3,819. James, let me know on the missiles thing.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I am painting the hellstrike missiles. sorry on the points i was going off HH AoD book instead of chapter approved. These two will be multi-purpose. 

Great vowing guys, solid blocks of models there - and you raised the average vow of the Space Vampires! 

Ok, keep those vows coming!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Wow! Proud to be a Blood Angel! Eager to see these painted red!

HYPED!

gallery_93095_13468_13487.jpg

The vows can be as high or as low as you like. Characters are fairly pint-rich on a per model basis but it really boils down on what you want to paint.

There is really no expectation! If you have something you want to paint, pledge it and the game is on!

Evening Brothers!

Fancied getting in some painting and have managed to put down the base coats for my Land Raider Excelsior.

IMG 2449

Edit: Not sure how to get this image to rotate correctly. You guys might need to tilt your heads slightly!

I Brother Lemartes rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete the following:  

-Captain
Selections: Inferno pistol, Jump Pack, Thunder hammer

-Captain in Cataphractii Armour
Selections: Combi-melta, Relic blade

-Librarian
Selections: Bolt pistol, Force sword, Jump Pack

-Lieutenant
Selections: Chainsword, Master-crafted boltgun

-Lieutenant
Selections: Hand flamer, Jump Pack, Power fist

-Malakim Phoros

-Sanguinary Priest
Selections: Bolt pistol, Power fist

-The Sanguinor

-Furioso Dreadnought
Selections: Frag cannon, Furioso fist, Heavy flamer, Smoke launchers

-Furioso Dreadnought
Selections: Frag cannon, Furioso fist, Smoke launchers, Storm bolter

-Terminator Ancient
Selections: Thunder hammer

of total value 1,483 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

20180504 144730 resized

20180504 144631 resized

20180504 144624 resized

20180504 144523 resized

Jump packs are on the SG Sprue behind them. I need to give Malakim Phoros a head swap with the one behind him. Definitely let me know if the Sanguinor or Malakim Phoros conversions/kitbashes aren't cool. Also, I will be giving the priest a jump pack, but I did not include the points for it. 

Oh and the dreadnought frag cannon was primed mephiston red awhile ago while the body was primed white recently. Funny considering that's the opposite of how it will end up... 

Archived