+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

WIP on 16 Death Company.

Finish is a bit rough so far - the red took a couple of layers and needs some clean up (and is nice and fiddly on all the markings...), but taking a bit of shape.

Black will get cleaned up a bit before dawnstone highlights. Heads still obviously missing :-)

med_gallery_64798_14233_655826.jpg

med_gallery_64798_14233_580974.jpg

I LOVE that banner! :yes:

I, Slothysaur, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete a Razorback with a Storm Bolter and a Twin Lascannon and a squad of three Inceptors with Assault Bolters of total value of 257 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Welcome Slothysaur - nice reds there! Good luck!

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete a Contemptor Dreadnought with a Kheres-pattern assault cannon & a DCW with combi-bolter of total value 165 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Vow upheld! 

The "test" vow model is complete.

I present to you, the Fury of Terra, the Rage of Baal, brother Aeneas encased in Contemptor Dreadnough shell.

ETL6 Vow1 complete A

ETL6 Vow1 complete B

Now I 've seen what I can build in the time I have. My next vows will be more ambitious!

I, Slothysaur, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete a Razorback with a Storm Bolter and a Twin Lascannon and a squad of three Inceptors with Assault Bolters of total value of 257 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_85034_14559_45948.jpg

gallery_85034_14559_39305.jpg

EDIT: Wrong picture links.

Nice to see you on board Slothysaur :happy.: I'm doing a Lasback too, hoping to have it finished in the near future. She's not red though...

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete a Contemptor Dreadnought with a Kheres-pattern assault cannon & a DCW with combi-bolter of total value 165 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Vow upheld! 

I present to you, the Fury of Terra, the Rage of Baal, brother Aeneas encased in Contemptor Dreadnough shell.

Now I 've seen what I can build in the time I have. My next vows will be more ambitious!

Well, well, well, first blood goes to Spyros! Congratulations!

Lovely red too :happy.: You've got four vows remaining and loads of time, but the sooner you re-vow the better should you wish to continue :) Anything in mind?

Well, well, well, first blood goes to Spyros! Congratulations!

Lovely red too :happy.: You've got four vows remaining and loads of time, but the sooner you re-vow the better should you wish to continue :smile.: Anything in mind?

White undercoat and good old Blood Red from my old supplies...  not changing it (Evil Sunz Scarlet when Blood Red is depleted).

The second vow will be various characters, the third vehicles, and the fourth infantry. Assuming I manage to finish all these, I keep the fifth as backup.

All in relatively small manageable parts, to be on the safe side.

I Mightykin rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:
- Blood angels chaplain with a jump pack and an inferno pistol
- Librarian in terminator armour with a force axe and storm bolter
for a total of 231 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Terminator before photo

Chaplain before photo

]

Alright! I'm going to do it. I'm going to dive in and build a Captain Smashy Pants. I'll get pictures of the model tonight. Going to look into possibly getting a Gabriel Seth if there is one available at the local store. I can submit a different HQ option or submit the Captain Smashy Pants for FoB.

Once I get the HQ done I plan on building up and painting some of my Terminators I got for Christmas. But I'm going to wait until I finish my HQ. Finally risking humiliation by entering a competition. *worries*

Come on, then...!

I, Zebulon rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and their successors, the very venerable and very missing 1st Company of the Angels Resplendent. I duly vow to complete a five-man Vanguard Veterans Squad as shown below and a three-man Company Veterans Squad as shown below, of total value 256 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before:

gallery_61569_14238_169419.jpg

gallery_61569_14238_40354.jpg

gallery_61569_14238_21828.jpg

gallery_61569_14238_63122.jpg

Vanguard Vets: 5 plus Jump Packs (90) + 2 storm shields (10) + 2 pairs of lightning claws (24) + Sgt Thunder Hammer & Plasma Pistol (23) = total of 147

Company Vets: 3 models (48) + plasma gunner (13) + combi-plasma and storm shield guy (20) + plasma pistol and relic blade guy (28) = total of 109

Total points = 256

Vow upheld! 

Congratulations Spyros, First Vow Completed. We need more completations and new vows!!!!!

I Aothaine rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete one captain of the Flesh Tearers of total value 103 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

med_gallery_69175_14561_16385.jpg

Going to start with just this extra captain I have built and ready to start being painted. I want to finish him and try and get a scout biker box and possibly an aggressor box built and ready to paint before June 1st we'll see what I can manage though.

A little WIP for y’all! The lieutenant is done, and the librarian (left) has the most work to be done on it.

Whoa whoa whoa! I require a close up view of that lieutenant's sword please! That looks really cool! Can you also provide instructions?

A little WIP for y’all! The lieutenant is done, and the librarian (left) has the most work to be done on it.

Whoa whoa whoa! I require a close up view of that lieutenant's sword please! That looks really cool! Can you also provide instructions?
I’ll get you a better close up when I get home. Funny enough, there is a light reflection coming off the flat of the blade that makes it look super cool in that picture. I can give you the recipe, but take a look at what it looks like without the glare first.

That being said, I’m going to think about how I can emulate that look without the glare!

I made some progress on my Death Company last night, testing out airbrushing a highlight before edge highlighting. It... didn't end well.

gallery_53969_14540_165922.jpg

Lessons learned:

• airbrushing a dark grey still looks too grey after a black wash (washed ones on right)
  • quickshade dark tone is actually brown, not black, unlike the wash of the same name
  • quickshade doesn't dry particularly smoothly on flat surfaces (works lovely on zombies; marines not much)
  • my airbrush is clogging too much at low PSI to do glow effects that aren't splattery
  • surf aqua doesn't give the glow colour I want

So into the stripping bath for these, a deep clean for my airbrush, and a rummage into the old paint box for a different light blue. Will see how I get on tonight.

Did i mention I'm a slow painter?

I’ll get you a better close up when I get home. Funny enough, there is a light reflection coming off the flat of the blade that makes it look super cool in that picture. I can give you the recipe, but take a look at what it looks like without the glare first.

That being said, I’m going to think about how I can emulate that look without the glare! maybe a layer of runefang silver...

In the meantime, here’s a zoomed in shot.

Sound good! It still looks really really good. Thank you for the close up!

Welcome to the fold Brother Carn :smile.: I'm sure you'll be fine this year as it looks like you've paced yourself and have some cool models to paint!

Could you tell me what jump pack that is? It looks really interesting.

Thanks! I think its from Shadow Captain Kayvaan Shrike, it looks like it at least. Found it in my bitbox... :) 

gallery_95687_14403_731894.jpeg

Here’s a picture without the glare. As for the recipe, I first painted the whole sword with kabalite green over black primer, after that I put what I refer as a ‘dustcoat’ (Light dry brush coat to break up the ‘flatness’) of warpstone glow, the beveled edge and the power sword ‘node’ got a layer of caledor sky, and then highlighted the edge and the top of the node with lothern blue.

As far as the sword modeling itself i took one of the sanguinary guard swords, carefully cut the pommel and the bottom of the knuckle bow off, trimmed up the knuckle bow and grip, then put the pommel back on while lining up the knucklebow as well.

Here’s a picture without the glare. As for the recipe, I first painted the whole sword with kabalite green over black primer, after that I put what I refer as a ‘dustcoat’ (Light dry brush coat to break up the ‘flatness’) of warpstone glow, the beveled edge and the power sword ‘node’ got a layer of caledor sky, and then highlighted the edge and the top of the node with lothern blue.

As far as the sword modeling itself i took one of the sanguinary guard swords, carefully cut the pommel and the bottom of the knuckle bow off, trimmed up the knuckle bow and grip, then put the pommel back on while lining up the knucklebow as well.

Ohhh dang that glare added a lot! :happy.: Still looks great but I think I'm going to aim for that glare look it reminded of the Earth Sky NMM approach to painting weapons.  People have turned away from the glare that really shows to a strange alien like reflection.

"Here is a really cool example of three different types of NMM. :happy.: I find a lot of people are using the method on the left but I prefer the method on the far right. That is what the sword reminded me of. :happy.: Still though thank you for the receipe! Great job! Going to keep it in my recipes folder because it has a really unique look to it. :happy.:

010a824f7ef49decc8f111abe8c6dd35.jpg

This is the type of ESNMM I really enjoy.

599b20ba01d9b63a76e9998f388375c2--swords

I would totally like your post Paladin but I'm out of likes for the day. :(

Progress on my vow; The Lazorback is done (as much as I feel comfortable until I practice on an older not airbrushed one).

Also, highlights from airbrushing are not appearing much, if at all. I blame this on poor photography, which I am working on improving. My airbrush recipe is stolen from Luthermax and slightly modified to my preferences. Quite disappointing I can't get it to show better... Crying aside, here she is!

gallery_85034_14559_55127.jpg

Now on to the Inceptors, which each model will take me 3x as long as the Lazorback did.

Progress on my vow; The Lazorback is done (as much as I feel comfortable until I practice on an older not airbrushed one).

Also, highlights from airbrushing are not appearing much, if at all. I blame this on poor photography, which I am working on improving. My airbrush recipe is stolen from Luthermax and slightly modified to my preferences. Quite disappointing I can't get it to show better... Crying aside, here she is!

Now on to the Inceptors, which each model will take me 3x as long as the Lazorback did.

It looks great! Far better than my model which is currently un-primed. Priming the bad boy tonight. 

Archived